Relighting Skyrim (by NovakDalton and JawZ)

z929669

EssArrBee;

Version to be used in STEP Core?

I would recommend going with no JIT-Script version for the Core setup, even though the script does not affect the game in any bad way, it's a much neater approach not having that included for a much more compatible and easier mod install/"up-keep".

RS JIT might be better suited as an optional install for STEP: Extended once JIT implementation have been optimized to give better results in both visuals and performance, yes there is possible performance gains to be had with a better implementation of the JIT script.

JawZ, are there any plans for that JIT optimization?

TechAngel85;

NovakDalton grabbed my files from the Nexus download like any other end user, so the files he has at his Nexus download currently is the same as mine.

I will do a complete Legendary file that includes the RS Main + DLC's in one .esp file. Which will be uploaded once I've gone over the necessary fixes needed to be done for the main part of Relighting Skyrim.

hellanios;

After the none JIT-script version have been updated I will start working on creating the JIT-Script version for the DLC's and after that I will optimize NovakDalton's RS file, where it's needed.

EDIT;

This post might suite to have here as well;

You guys might find these images to be helpful, in deciding the interior lighting and seeing how ELE, v0.9.5, is in the game coupled with Relighting Skyrim.

My Flickr album containing ELE+RS comparisons

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124462020@N06/sets/72157645128113144/

Vanilla

16158164119_1cb251d34b_o.jpg

ELE - Lite v0.9.5 + Relighting Skyrim v4.0

16318395026_6165a80a08_o.jpg

Vanilla

16357549771_f9bf06103d_o.jpg

ELE - Lite v0.9.5 + Relighting Skyrim v4.0

16173091769_0ca19218d1_o.jpg

Edited by JawZ

Yeah, we really need to go over the interiors to check things out. I still have plans to check out all interiors. Just need some time to do it. I'll post any issues that I might as well.

@ZawZ

Thanks for those images. That is proper lighting and proof that ELE-Lite IL is most needed! I have it installed now with my testing.

Aaltair;

You're welcome

EssArrBee;

The imagespace settings for the solitude interior in conjuction with it's textures are awful, remove the games post-processing effects, i.e the imagespace settings and you will have no such issues.

ELE fixes this as well by having a high amount of toneampping/"White" value applied to all imagespace to cope with such intense bright light bulb lighting in the game appearing in certain interior locations.

The glow is there no matter what, it's a bad implemented FX effect, the only way to remove it would be to reduce size of the glow itself.

Such fixes is being delt with ELE - FX Effects module. Think ELFX FX effects but for ELE, that will only be a fixer upper of all the FX effects in the game much like Relighting Skyrim is the fixer for light bulbs in the game.

TechAngel85;

My changes done in RS - DLC's might not all be vanilla placed light sources and light bulbs but that is because the layout of the light bulbs induced light bulb flickering so I had to redesign the light source layout so it would lit the most important parts up but still not draw too far away from the vanilla look.

A good example, and the most visual difference would be this place. But this was a very unqiue place and the only place I had to do such drastic changes.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124462020@N06/15739337653/in/set-72157645128113144

Octopuss;

That's as good as it gets in comparing the changes the mods does individually. ELE + RS is a total lighting overhaul of the game when used together, or ELE+ ELFX, or ELE + RLO.

Have a look at Creation Kit Light and FX tutorial page to get a bit more info on the difference;

https://www.creationkit.com/Bethesda_Tutorial_Lights_and_FX

Edited by JawZ

I'm comparing the 3 mods (RLO, RS and ELE - more like RS+ELE) now and maybe will switch in near future. I kind of like what I see.

I am very fond of the warm fire light from RLO though, and giving up on that might be very difficult to me. I still have tons of time though, because first missjennabee would have to make a patch(es) for ETaC, and then again when the new versions mentioned here earlier are released...

Octopuss;

Well good to have the option to do so, too see which fits your visual expectations the best.

That can easily be changed, I have made a TES5EDIT "semi-auto" script which will assign an altered color user assigned RGB/color value. Select all fire labeled light bulbs in ELE-Lite and apply that script to it and all fire lights will have an altered visual color.

I can go into more detail if you like.

I have updated ELE-Lite files to forward the new USKP 2.1.1 changes, 5 new edits.

Moving on to the same for Relighting Skyrim now, RS don't currently forward USKP edits.

So there will be an update for ELE-Lite today, v0.9.5b, and for Relighting Skyrim, v4.x.x, depends on how far I get with the light bulb fixes.

Edited by JawZ

I wouldn't know what number to enter anyway :P But it's fine, all of this is still new to me.

As long as a merged version materialized at some point (five or so plugins for RS and then ELE plus potential patches on top of that would be pure hell) and someone creates compatibility patches for some mods, I can realistically see myself switching to this. RLO has its problems and is basically dead (which saddens me a LOT).

Btw, how complete RS is in terms of coverage of... places? I know for example RLO dungeons only alter the templates (or whatever is it called) and don't actually make any edits to the dungeons.

Not sure how lighting mods work for exteriors, there aren't many light sources outside.

I'm working on some video tutorials for a bunch of my mods, both Skyrim and ENBseries mods, which might help in that regard ;)

RS currently can come in two esp files at the minimum, the main Skyrim and the DLC's, next version will have all in one .esp.

ELE has multiple combinations, among those are Legendary and Legendary+Falskaar+Wyrmstooth, all in one esp file.

Relighting Skyrim covers every place, NovakDalton said that three places are still uncovered in his current release but those areas is now covered in my updated version of his file. Some exterior locations might still be untouched but it'sa huge world and not easy to spot every light source and light bulb. But as far as interiors go they are covered.

Same goes for ELE-Lite, all interior areas covered.

• +1 1

I've briefly looked at Bleak Falls Barrow, and the colours aren't even that far off RLO. I like that!

This place is weird though: with RS+ELE there's weird disturbing greyish tone to the ambient light.

gn5orbrve1mj88r6g.jpg

bgnyvzvz9shov5r6g.jpg

edit:

it's not very visible with the resized Mediafire-butchered images, so

https://www.mediafire.com/view/gn5orbrve1mj88r/bfb%206%20rlo.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/view/bgnyvzvz9shov5r/bfb%208%20rs%20ele.jpg

Is this something that could (or should?) be fixed/changed? The light level seems very similar between RLO and ELE, but the grey tint looks kind of disturbing.

The candles halfway through the corridor are even emitting weird greeny light.

Edited by Octopuss

I have a Lite version of the ELE-Weathers module lying around and I've had some positive feedback on it, and it will be released with the next ELE - Lite update.

I cant find anything to moan about with that JawZ, and seriously would not play without it. I love the subtle changes this makes to the game, vanilla Skyrim has some beautiful atmospheric moments which are enhanced with this installed. I cant explain those very well, and they are quite often only momentary as the lighting starts fading to night time ( I have on occasion waited for such times to occur, and then went back to a previous save to walk time forward again just to before the moment of a particularly beautiful misty dawn or dusk - Both with and without ELEWL installed to see the difference it makes ) .. Glad to see ELEWL will be getting released ( along with the other eagerly awaited updates to RS and ELE ).

Edited by alt3rn1ty