Relighting Skyrim (by NovakDalton and JawZ)

z929669

Sorry to have stolen your time. I just found out that RRR reworks ALL inns and taverns and that there's a basic version that only consists of changed prices. I guess replacing the enhanced one with the basic one would be the easier and better solution. I'll let you know if this fixes the flickering aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys I have run into a problem installing this mod. 

I am following the Step:Core 2.2.9.2 guide and installing the mods in order as I go. For whatever reason I cant install the version to work with the Legendary DLC of this mod. It is greyed out.

9euq26

If Image cant be seen go here

Hopefully see all the mods I have installed(I decided to skip Relighting-Skyrim last night because of this problem and then found this forum, thats why there are a few after entries Ragdoll Paralysis.). I get a little error message when I hover over the option for the Legendary DLC option that says " This component is not usable in combination with other installed plugins. " I have followed the Guide to the letter.

I feel I can't continue the STEP process until I get this fixed. What should I do?

TechAngel85,

I will take a look at it. might have a new updated version ready for release this weekend, otherwise I will just do a hot fix version for those edits.

I'll post a note here when that is done.

Off-Topic;

Working on XEDIT batch edit lighting for Skyrim and Fallout 4 as well as a "weather fix" for Skyrim that adjust various RGB colors and intensities to remove visual bugs, no technical bugs just visual off putting lighting conditions and what not, then we have the MSL for Skyrim and Fallout 4 on top of that.

That is just the things I'm doing for games though, busy, busy.

Edited by JawZ

Relighting Skyrim, but look inside CK to see if Cutting Room Floor moves around any other object to fit the new light bulb placement that RS do no not, for instance a table or similar.

Relighting Skyrim moves around or removes light sources and light bulbs to fit each other and not cause light bulb turning off and on.

Same goes for Rotation, Relighting Skyrim should win that as well.

Relighting Skyrim, but look inside CK to see if Cutting Room Floor moves around any other object to fit the new light bulb placement that RS do no not, for instance a table or similar.

Relighting Skyrim moves around or removes light sources and light bulbs to fit each other and not cause light bulb turning off and on.

Same goes for Rotation, Relighting Skyrim should win that as well.

Thanks, that is what I thought. The STEP Patches has CRF winning all conflicts. I'll have to look more deeply into this.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an image comparison here for new RS changes;
IMGUR

Vanilla state ENBSeries with AGCC off and Ambient Lighting set to 0.0, for easier demonstration of light bulb changes.

Covered interiors from A to M now for the RS v4.0.2 release, just the removal of cells that had my custom light bulbs and re-made them and fixed the user reported issues, those that where vaild.

And on another note, "FX" light addition, yay or ney?
Vanilla
ZCjdegu.jpg

RS v4.0.2, only activates once the mace has been clicked on/activated by the player, no scripts!.
EhsPj6i.jpg

And then I will be adding new meshes, in future update. Meshes that are turned off candles and other light sources. Quite immersion breaking seeing these being lit without any light emitting from them.
7V3QpL2.jpg

For instance the image above have the light bulbs deactivated, thus the meshes should be switched to the meshes that are visually turned off. No script involvement!

Edited by JawZ

New meshes are done, just removing nodes and altering values anyways so.

This will not overwrite any kind of content from any other mod out there. Only thing that could be overwritten is the changes I will do in the CK, that affects the cell placed light sources, but that was already there to being with as RS already alters certain cell placed light sources anyway.

So same amount of compatability/incompatability as before this addition.

Anyway comparison of the new meshes in use

Vanilla meshes

x6CXz4e.jpg

RS meshes

5phl5kI.jpg

a wee bit better don't you think so?

I think what JawZ is saying is there were no actual lightbulbs associated with those candles so he's replaced them with a mesh without the flame...Just the candle. I could be wrong, but I guess you could have just added a few bulbs too. Might have been too much for the space though.