Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

Tree collision fix is apparently no longer needed and moved to old versions.

But he only updated the 'Summer Edition'. So unless he made a mistake, the collision fix only applied to the 'Summer Edition' and not the regular edition thus making it irrelevant to STEP.

Tree collision fix is apparently no longer needed and moved to old versions.

But he only updated the 'Summer Edition'. So unless he made a mistake, the collision fix only applied to the 'Summer Edition' and not the regular edition thus making it irrelevant to STEP.

The comment on the file had said for both versions...

Vurt just posted this:

i'm probably releasing a version with fixed wind animations at least, maybe tomorrow. not sure i'm up for doing any bigger overhauls for it right now sice i'm also working on some System Shock 2 mods.

v1.79a released, I have a couple questions:

• Is the "Tree Collision Fix" file still needed with this release?
  • What will happen if a user doesn't apply the INI tweak ("iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=6")?  I'll add it to the guide none-the-less but I'm wondering if we should issue some kind of announcement to let everyone who already followed the guide know.  Also, is there any performance hit with this tweak? 

The comment above about the wind fix is in reference to the tree collision fix, and the changelog says same as summer edition which has: Wind animations should now work - credits to Sparrowprince for finding the error!

I imagine if you don't put the ini tweak then you won't see the new grasses.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wait another 4 hours and he'll change his mind and come up something completely different. I wouldn't decide on anything for STEP until the day of a release or you'll just have to change it again if you decide now.

Vurt has made so many updates the last couple months, he may need an intervention! :P

EDIT: Also looks like he added some 2K tree LODs for all versions.

I agree that we should be using the basic version.  He also recommends setting iMinGrassSize in Skyrim.ini to 40 instead of 20 for better performance, some comparisons of this would be nice so we can possibly include it in the guide.