Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

also' date=' why can't i edit my posts any longer, there used to be an edit button (1-2 days ago). I really suck at spelling and such, i often edit my posts as much as i edit my mods, lol[/quote']

I'll turn on that feature.... sorry

Also, I do like the new 1.76 detailed branches (at top) of pine trees.

Lastly, I know about the clear weather, but I don't know which weather to force (there are a zillion clear-weather codes :wallbash: ) ... help?

Clear weather is when the light is the harshest and least forgiving for the textures, so i always try to look at them in that weather condition :) like i posted on the forum for the mod...:

Important notice!

Please report places with vegetation where none should be and i will remove it. It's impossible for me to go through all places on the map, but with your help we can fix it.. When you find such a place, go into the console and click on a rock nearby, write down the value that appears in the console window and i can easily find the spot in the Construction Kit. Requests for fixes that doesnt contain this number will be completely ignored.

This can also be used if you find a spot in the game where you would like to see reeds so that i can place them there.

Thanks.

Edit:

Pinus sylvestris

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still not 100% stable + no collision.. hopefully i can get it to work.

Love those new pines ... however, if you are going for Scots Pine, then there would be orange-ish bark on the mid-upper areas, and the trunks are usually not very straight. Nevertheless, these look fantastic. Maybe they are a different species of pine?

EDIT1: did some looking around, and it appears that Scots Pine will grow as indicated in the screens, but only in a plantation when they are cultivated to do this.

EDIT2:

Important notice!

Please report places with vegetation where none should be and i will remove it. It's impossible for me to go through all places on the map, but with your help we can fix it.. When you find such a place, go into the console and click on a rock nearby, write down the value that appears in the console window and i can easily find the spot in the Construction Kit. Requests for fixes that doesnt contain this number will be completely ignored.

This can also be used if you find a spot in the game where you would like to see reeds so that i can place them there.

Thanks.

"0008f504" (grass on road)

EDIT3: I just finished updating the v1.75 images in the gallery for a less distracting compare.

Thanks for reporting, will remove the grass..

We have tons of Scots Pines here, probably one of the more common trees here (Sweden). Many looks like straight like telephone poles, others are somewhat twisted. Not sure if they're the same species but they share the exact same bark type, usually grey'ish on the lower part and then healthy orange bark from the middle and up. This isnt a Scots Pine, they're just supposed to be something similar i guess, not sure i'm using this one or some other scots pine-like tree, this is the first one i've tried, i think it mixes in fairly good.

Vanilla Skyrim weather / lightning is quite good because it uses some slight fog to cover up the rather obvious LOD's. I wish the modders would learn from that and not remove it almost completetly from clear weather.

I agree about fog. In TES3-4, for was more appreciated. In reality, particles in the air create this effect over large distances (unless you are waaaay up high maybe), so this really provides a feeling of distance in-game as well.

Ahhh Sweden. Never been, but would love to go ...

Talked to the RCRN guy, seems like he's going to fix DOF / fog for the next release.. It's a really nice mod i think, but like always stuff can get better ;)

Ok got my Scots Pines working fully now, no crashes, collision working, LOD working..

Posted Image

I really dislike some of the default pines, might do some new ones. Finally back to modelling, been so boring to just do retextures for (sometimes) not so great models.

Talked to the RCRN guy, seems like he's going to fix DOF / fog for the next release.. It's a really nice mod i think, but like always stuff can get better ;)

Ok got my Scots Pines working fully now, no crashes, collision working, LOD working..

Posted Image

I really dislike some of the default pines, might do some new ones. Finally back to modelling, been so boring to just do retextures for (sometimes) not so great models.

New pines would be fantastic ... maybe some Austria pine? They are shorter/stouter and have long, thick needles and very prominent cones.

The pines in the above screen are a great add. Is there a performance hit? Are these replacement models or new ones?

I posted some bark compares on one of our 2.2.1 release threads