Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

I like them... the fields of yellow have been dealt with.

There is only one texture I might replace with what I have laying about. Its the one that look like a flower that is at its end of its life... forgot what its called in english.

Its a nice enough texture, but it just stand out way too much in the layout.

Other then that I am happy with his changes, they blend better for most lighting settings I have tried.

Would like to note another thing with regards to transparency AA.

With version 1.81b, none of the trees have any issues whatsoever with transparency AA enabled.

With version 1.79e and 1.82/b, quite a few of vurt's trees have major transparency issues. I suspect this is limited to the extra placed trees that come with these versions, but I haven't done enough testing with them.

Arghh I just wish there was a way to get the great tundra grass from 1.82b to replace the yellowish 1.81b while keeping everything else to 1.81b.

Simple Nearox... install 1.81b and then replace the textures in \landscape\grass with the ones from 182b

All the tundra grasses flowers etc. is in that folder. More or less anyways. The few textures that are not should be easy enough to identify and copy in.

Hmm. Well there are new grass textures for the tundra specifically as far as I can observe from looking quickly at it. I think I didn't explain well.

There is more diversity, which means that I would have to either add those textures of 182b to the relevant entry in the 181b esp, or alternatively, use 182b and replace the custom vurt tree files with default ones (renaming them to match the vurt ones).

All seems like a simply process but I feel slightly confused today overall. I better grab a coffee before starting modding this evening :D

I can't even use Transparency AA. It tanks my framerate. I'm on a 7970 ghz. FPS drops below 30 with Transparency. 

Well on my HD6950, transparency AA has minimal performance costs with Skyrim. From 4x MSAA to 4x AAAA is like a 2 fps difference. This is on a heavy modded game (virtually all SR + SR:LE textures). Not sure how your 7970 can drop so low with that, unless you use a lot of HD(+) textures, have an ENB or work on a much higher resolution.

Thanks Aiyen :)

I can't even use Transparency AA. It tanks my framerate. I'm on a 7970 ghz. FPS drops below 30 with Transparency. 

Well on my HD6950, transparency AA has minimal performance costs with Skyrim. From 4x MSAA to 4x AAAA is like a 2 fps difference. This is on a heavy modded game (virtually all SR + SR:LE textures). Not sure how your 7970 can drop so low with that, unless you use a lot of HD(+) textures or work on a much higher resolution.

Thanks Aiyen :)

Which AA methods are you using? JUST the transparency AA that's included with ENB? Or are you using any others (sub pixel, temporal, smaa, edge, etc)

I stopped using ENBoost (and ENBs in general for that matter) a week ago. My game hasn't been more stable in 2 months than in the last week. Granted, I generally got a much more optimized game now than 2-3weeks ago, but ENBoost has great potential for causing problems. A lot depends on finding a stable config for each version for your particular system, which is really hard to do with all the vague descriptions of the settings given out by Boris. My advice is: If you are not near the 3.1gb limit, do not use ENBoost. Unless you are adament about parallax effects or something. Virtually all ENBoost versions 0.209 until 0.221 (I tried them all) decreased my FPS while decreasing stability as well.

As far as AA method, I just use Enhanced mode in CCC. Set AAAA there. Do not use SSAA. In skyrimprefs I have multisample=4 and transaprencymultisampling=1. That's it. Try it first without ENBoost/ENB and see how it works. Personalyl I can't live without transaprency AA anymore.

I can give you another very useful tip for transparency AA. There are a few textures in the game which are buggy and will turn on and off when moving when AAAA is on. It concerns no more than 5 textures or so but it is annoying nonetheless. The moss hanging on the inner SOlitude walls is probably the best example. You can disable these textures ingame by: open the console. click the texture with your mouse. type disable. press enter. Up to you to decide if you can live without (some of the) moss textures in Solitude. Same goes for a particular leaf in Riften as well as a certain type of puddle in Windhelm (one which is not covered by Improved Puddles).

I stopped using ENBoost (and ENBs in general for that matter) a week ago. My game hasn't been more stable in 2 months than in the last week. Granted, I generally got a much more optimized game now than 2-3weeks ago, but ENBoost has great potential for causing problems. A lot depends on finding a stable config for each version for your particular system, which is really hard to do with all the vague descriptions of the settings given out by Boris. My advice is: If you are not near the 3.1gb limit, do not use ENBoost. Unless you are adament about parallax effects or something. Virtually all ENBoost versions 0.209 until 0.221 (I tried them all) decreased my FPS while decreasing stability as well.

As far as AA method, I just use Enhanced mode in CCC. Set AAAA there. Do not use SSAA. In skyrimprefs I have multisample=4 and transaprencymultisampling=1. That's it. Try it first without ENBoost/ENB and see how it works. Personalyl I can't live without transaprency AA anymore.

I can give you another very useful tip for transparency AA. There are a few textures in the game which are buggy and will turn on and off when moving when AAAA is on. It concerns no more than 5 textures or so but it is annoying nonetheless. The moss hanging on the inner SOlitude walls is probably the best example. You can disable these textures ingame by: open the console. click the texture with your mouse. type disable. press enter. Up to you to decide if you can live without (some of the) moss textures in Solitude. Same goes for a particular leaf in Riften as well as a certain type of puddle in Windhelm (one which is not covered by Improved Puddles).

What is AAAA? Also, driver-forced Transparency AA will have much better performance than Software Transparency AA (as in enb) so that is why you are only noticing a decrease of 2 fps while I am having more.