Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

Well from what I can tell it's all the same "quality" there's just less complexity as Vurt did not include the extra trees and such; which I assume would help reduce mod conflicts and in the places where the placed objects were I would expect a difference in RAM between the two versions.

Well from what I can tell it's all the same "quality" there's just less complexity as Vurt did not include the extra trees and such; which I assume would help reduce mod conflicts and in the places where the placed objects were I would expect a difference in RAM between the two versions.

Also if there is one less .esp then there is probably less RAM usage. I'll give this a try. Has anyone been able to use the optional 4k/8k high-res pines without a HUGE increase in RAM? I had to remove the 4k version and saw a giant decrease in RAM. Unfortunate because they look great. 

• 3 months later...

It's been a good while since Vurt updated this! New update:

* Requires iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7 in your skyrim.ini (below [grass]) just put in [grass] if it's not there already.

* Tundra completely redone

* new bark for one of the pines

* tweaked moss for one of the pines

* tweaked for vanilla (non-ENB) Skyrim. Some of the pines were too dark, adjusted colors and/or brightness for many of the grasses and for all pines and most grasses.

* Sword Ferns are back in the green forests

* A blue type of flower is added to the green forests

* some various changes to the .esp

* cleaned the .esp with latest TESedit.

* cleaned from unused textures

* Should now work for Rennn's LODs

This is mainly for those that use the Regular edition of the mod. STEP still uses the Basic (v1.81b) edition.

It's been a good while since Vurt updated this! New update:

* Requires iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7 in your skyrim.ini (below [grass]) just put in [grass] if it's not there already.

* Tundra completely redone

* new bark for one of the pines

* tweaked moss for one of the pines

* tweaked for vanilla (non-ENB) Skyrim. Some of the pines were too dark, adjusted colors and/or brightness for many of the grasses and for all pines and most grasses.

* Sword Ferns are back in the green forests

* A blue type of flower is added to the green forests

* some various changes to the .esp

* cleaned the .esp with latest TESedit.

* cleaned from unused textures

* Should now work for Rennn's LODs

This is mainly for those that use the Regular edition of the mod. STEP still uses the Basic (v1.81b) edition.

In the 'Detailed Section' of the guide, it says to use the Optional Recolored Pines and LODs for Renns' LODs. What is Renn's LODs? And what exactly does this optional change? I can't find any screenshots or decriptions. 

It's a custom painted LOD for snowy pines that fits better with the other LOD textures in STEP.

Posted Image

It was for DTTL; however, I'm not sure if it's still needed since were not using DTTL anymore. I'll have to refer this one to Z or wait until I can test it myself later.

What's DTTL? Sorry :-X. Too many acronyms for me lately. 

Vurt just updated the mod again, so if he is back at work on SFO like the last time he decided to put time into it, then we should wait until he is done. He did about 50 updates in a two month span last time and it was way to hard to keep up with him. Guy is beast when he gets going.