Unofficial Skyrim Patch (by Unofficial Patch Project Team)

frihyland

Hmm I added this patch and noticed a CTD when leaving Dragonsreach. Tried putting it at the end of the modlist and it still crashes. If I deactivate USKP it doesn't crash, if activate it crashes. Did anyone find a solution for this one?

This is the first report I've heard of USKP causing a crash with STEP.

Either a) a corrupt or improper installation of USKP or b) a non-STEP mod that is causing a conflict with USKP would be my two guesses based off your post.

EDIT: I was ninja'ed! Look like it was B. :)

/ Edit

I actually found the culprit mod. Lyckily I didn't use so many so I unchecked them one after another and found the one causing it:

TK HitStop (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23681/?) + USKP causes my game to crash upon leaving Dragonsreach every time.

Here's the link to STEPs HitStop thread: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1945

• 2 weeks later...

Do not use that unless you are helping test the patch for USKP team. They are still working out some stuff, which makes me so angry, because I just finished the STEP patches this morning. You can follow the gist of it on the Beth forum threads.

Also, looks like 'names' tag will get used for Bashed Patch in next update and a couple guys are actually putting in some serious time with WB at the moment. Would love for someone to to lock themselves up and not come out till Cell merging was finished.

EDIT: This looked good to me, Tail Twist Fix was one of the first STEP mods ever I believe:

• Argonian tails would twist in a rather unrealistic (and painful looking) manner when sneaking. The backward animations file was copied, then renamed to use as the forward animation file. No visual functionality has been lost. (meshes\auxbones\tail\animations\sneakwalk_forward.hkx) (Bug #14068)

Also' date=' looks like 'names' tag will get used for Bashed Patch in next update and a couple guys are actually putting in some serious time with WB at the moment. Would love for someone to to lock themselves up and not come out till Cell merging was finished.[/quote']

For me, proper 'Names' tag support is great news, since it will eventually mean I don't have to make all the varied patches for Even Better Quest Objectives. I'd really, really like to see support for quest objective/stage text merging.

EDIT: This looked good to me' date=' Tail Twist Fix was one of the first STEP mods ever I believe:

• Argonian tails would twist in a rather unrealistic (and painful looking) manner when sneaking. The backward animations file was copied, then renamed to use as the forward animation file. No visual functionality has been lost. (meshes\auxbones\tail\animations\sneakwalk_forward.hkx) (Bug #14068)
[/quote']

Actually, you've mixed that up with the Decapitation fix. I only found Sneak Tail Twist Fix by accident a few months ago. Hasn't been in STEP for that long.

• 2 weeks later...
Ah I see it's in a different section of their site' date=' that's why I didn't see it when I looked. Thanks, I assume the patches are using v2.0.0a?[/quote']

I can't support a beta UPP mod, since the mods in the guide would have to update to the latest version as well. Plus, the current beta may be unfinished and I don't want to have to update over and over if they end up with 3 or 4 betas.