Unofficial Skyrim Patch (by Unofficial Patch Project Team)

frihyland

You can do that yourself pretty easily in TES5Edit just by migrating the USKP's changes to Properties on the magicSoulTrapFX script. That will be good enough to prevent loops from occurring for now until the next USKP update. As long as the properties are correctly filled as they are in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp you will be fine. Luckily Arthmoor has said he will update it by tomorrow now.

Wait, Mighty Magic might cause issues? The only thing I had was the scaling .esp and I got rid of Mighty Magic a day or so ago (Along with my other magic mods.) in favor of SkyTweaks. But I don't know if I got rid of them before or after the USKP update or if I've used Soul Trap in those times I did have the magic overhauls...

Looking at how big my saves are I'm not really worried, the sizes haven't gone up much. How quickly did the save bloat happen?

Wait, Mighty Magic might cause issues? The only thing I had was the scaling .esp and I got rid of Mighty Magic a day or so ago (Along with my other magic mods.) in favor of SkyTweaks. But I don't know if I got rid of them before or after the USKP update or if I've used Soul Trap in those times I did have the magic overhauls...

I looked in TES5Edit and Mighty Magic doesn't seem to change the Soul Trap effect in any significant way. It includes the generic Soul Trap effect from Skyrim.esm, with two small changes (Delivery is changed from "Targeted Actor" to "Aimed" and the Hit Effect Art is changed). Of course, it will either need to be edited to include the updates that eventually result from the USKP changes or have a patch with these loaded later than MM.

Considering that mostly all magic overhaul on Nexus are discontinued or paused, it means that with one change the USKP team broke them all...

I really hope that won't be the case.

That just means some other modder will have to come along and make something better!

Considering that mostly all magic overhaul on Nexus are discontinued or paused, it means that with one change the USKP team broke them all...

I really hope that won't be the case.

That just means some other modder will have to come along and make something better!
That would be nice even if the existing one are already really good. I used Empowered Magic, Mighty Magic, The Third Race Overhaul, Better Magic and Balanced Magic (yeah pretty much tried them all :) ), my favourite are TTRO, Mighty Magic and Empowered Magic.

Apocalypse has the problem, I can confirm it sadly.

Apocalypse has the problem, I can confirm it sadly.

Did you use the "Cloak of souls" spell from the mod?
Yes with the spell that auto cast spells at the beginning of a fight. But I actually capture no souls during that time.
Ok, I guess that's the issue then cause I got Apocalypse and SPERG installed, I trapped souls in the last couple of days, but only via the Mace of Molag Bal not via spells, and according to my papyrus logs I don't have the issue...

The new one looks safe to me - it no longer relies on newly added properties, which means other mods that edit the soul trap effect won't cause it to stop working. A new safety check has also been integrated into the code which should now make the infinite loop impossible. However, it's probably not a bad idea to wait until it's at least out of beta as I'm sure the USKP team has a few other coders looking at it too.