Unofficial Skyrim Patch (by Unofficial Patch Project Team)

frihyland

• 3 weeks later...

Unofficial patches v2.0 now released. Be sure to update ALL unofficial patches at the same time and run BOSS for proper sorting.

Also...

If you are using the beta, you MUST NOT use a save that is currently using it. Reload one from before you began testing so that all of the retroactive fixes will take effect. Failure to do this will result in some fixes being ignored.

Okay so I guess the fix for soul trapping wasn't completely fixed so here is another update:

USKP Fixes

The new circlet armor-addons created to fix the gaps with male and female Elves were not all using the correct male biped model paths so they would end up not changing the texture displayed on the 3rd person viewpoint. (Bug #14086)

The LOD tree fix for Solitude on Bug #68 proved to be insufficient to address the problem and has been redone. (Bug #68)

The fix for NorTempleEntranceHall01.nif has been removed until we can investigate why exposing this mesh to sunny weather causes the game to crash (no, seriously, it does)

Game Mechanics Fixes

The 3 spells which make use of the soul trap magic effect needed to have their delivery types updated to match the fixed "aimed" effect of the effect.

Item Fixes

Circlets MG04Reward01, MG04Reward02, MG04Reward03, MG04Reward04, MG04Reward05, and MG04Reward06 needed to be templated to the base ClothesCirclet02 record so they would pick up the bugfix for the gaps when worn by male and female Elves. (Bug #14086)

Diadem of the Savant (dunLabyrinthianMazeCircletReward) needed to have the new armor-addon record for the Elf fix added. (Bug #14086)

NIF Mesh and Texture Fixes

The visible soul trap hit effect did not play when a target was struck due to a faulty effect mesh. (meshes\magic\soultraptargeteffects.nif)

I have been using Smart Souls for a while now. No issues in a vanilla game and the mod has an extremely wide scope of compatibility. I have thrown the mod against all sorts of other mods and have come across no issues so long as other mods that do the same thing are not used at the same time (such as aquisitive soul gems)

Yes' date=' it does. I just tested. Looks like it will work on any effect that soul traps, vanilla or DLC/mod added. My legion of undead foxes can attest to that.[/quote']

LOL, good to know. In light of this, I agree "Smart Souls" is the better of the two since it doesn't affect vanilla records.

The latest Unofficial Skyrim Patch 2.0.0a conflicts with Acquisitive Soul Gems, causing the Soul Trap spell to stop working completely. Versions 2.5.1 and 2.1.1 resolve this issue. If you are using the USKP you need to upgrade to them. Without USKP, 2.5.1/2.1.1 are essentially the same as 2.4/2.1, but you can still upgrade if you want. Also, with the latest USKP, Soul Trap is a projectile spell now. The latest versions of this mod won't effect this either way (i.e. with USKP, it's still a projectile spell - without, it still isn't).

Since I've updated the mod, I'm reopening the comments section (see, the mod *is* still being maintained). Keep it on topic.

Author of ASG posted update today.

• 2 months later...

Hmm I added this patch and noticed a CTD when leaving Dragonsreach. Tried putting it at the end of the modlist and it still crashes. If I deactivate USKP it doesn't crash, if activate it crashes. Did anyone find a solution for this one?

/ Edit

I actually found the culprit mod. Lyckily I didn't use so many so I unchecked them one after another and found the one causing it:

TK HitStop (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23681/?) + USKP causes my game to crash upon leaving Dragonsreach every time. 

Here's the link to STEPs HitStop thread: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1945