Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I´ve used the new Caliberx version, and  used the weapons.of.the.new.Millennia.store.LITE.esp and WotNM-CalXVer5-Patch.esp from the patches new file.

So far so good and it all looks like its working.

I was in doubt if should use the leveled lists esp also, but since the last version didn't have one, I skipped it. Are there any benefits in using it under the F&L guide?

I´ve used the new Caliberx version, and  used the weapons.of.the.new.Millennia.store.LITE.esp and WotNM-CalXVer5-Patch.esp from the patches new file.

So far so good and it all looks like its working.

I was in doubt if should use the leveled lists esp also, but since the last version didn't have one, I skipped it. Are there any benefits in using it under the F&L guide?

You can use the leveled list ESP and then the Bashed Patch should merge it in, so it won't be active and take up a plugin slot.

That was a very fast reply, tks!

And BTW, I take this chance to thnk you for this wonderfull guide! I've been following it for the past two/three years, mainly during my vacations every year ( i keep doing a full F&L install every year, after a full extended skyrim install (done) , but never have the time to do a complete gameplay hehehe) and what keeps me coming is this always updated guide. Even with F4, I always have the urge to return to FNV.

Again, thank you step team for step and essarrbee for F&L!

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm have a problem adding bash tags to the Merged Cut Content Mods - Record 00134094. Once i do a search for record for FormID 00134094 in FNVEdit, I see the following.

https://imgur.com/a/j5Wt2

However, I do not see the cut content mods.esp column which i believe, should be to the right of [06] YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm. Please see attached screen shots. I believe i completed all steps prior to opening FNVEdit for the Bash tags. Any help that can point me in the direction of a resolution, is greatly appreciated =).

thank you

shadowwynnd

Hi, I've come back to FNV after nearly two years and made a fresh start with the latest guide. It has changed a lot since last time I followed it (it was very new). I have played for nearly 8 hours and all looks great except... No zoom from scopes! I'm guessing this in not correct. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong will be greatly appreciated.

F&L is a great guide, especially If I can follow it! 

Thanks

Hi, I've come back to FNV after nearly two years and made a fresh start with the latest guide. It has changed a lot since last time I followed it (it was very new). I have played for nearly 8 hours and all looks great except... No zoom from scopes! I'm guessing this in not correct. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong will be greatly appreciated.

F&L is a great guide, especially If I can follow it! 

Thanks

You may need to toggle something in the menu from Powered Power Armor. I haven't played in a while, so I forget how to access the menu, but I think it's in your inventory as an item you equip. There is something there about scopes you need to toggle off.

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm have a problem adding bash tags to the Merged Cut Content Mods - Record 00134094. Once i do a search for record for FormID 00134094 in FNVEdit, I see the following.

https://imgur.com/a/j5Wt2

However, I do not see the cut content mods.esp column which i believe, should be to the right of [06] YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm. Please see attached screen shots. I believe i completed all steps prior to opening FNVEdit for the Bash tags. Any help that can point me in the direction of a resolution, is greatly appreciated =).

thank you

shadowwynnd

Looks like it wasn't active when you loaded FNVEdit or that mod wasn't merged when you did the merge.

Thanks EssArrBee,

I found the PPA scope settings and modified, all working well.

I have also used CaliberX 5 with the same esp selections as Yougurt (post #4308). It seems to be working well.

Thanks for your efforts in pulling together this guide. Its an excellent piece of work and makes heavy modding approachable for the computer illiterate like myself. Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

I have got some big plans for the guide (Ess check your messages sometime later today). Won't talk about it too much, but the reason I wasn't on top of this a week or two ago was because our internet (BIG surprise) was borked up for nearly two weeks. We had to wait a WEEK for CenturyLink to come and fix the issue, which took less than a half hour. Anyways, my goal is to start writing an outline and a mod list for the updates I have planned by this Friday. 

• +1 2

• 2 months later...

I searched through the topics on this issue (and maybe I missed it), but I'm having difficulty opening an xml file in the following Fear and Loathing step: 

After installation, open up "\menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml" and navigate to line 713.

Either comment out the line or delete it

I can open the file through either the right panel going through the data folder of MO or through opening the mod on the left panel of MO. However, every attempt made to open leads me to a blank Internet Explorer page. Do I need a certain type of xml reader to edit the file?

I have a second question as well, but I do not believe it is as crucial as the previous (I might be wrong though). Many of the instructions have had parts where they ask me to "select [Merge] not [Replace]." I understand the difference and why it is necessary to do so, but I have never actually had the option to do so. My files in the left tab are usually organized so the later file (bugfix or whatever) will overwrite. Am I correct in doing so?

Example:

During main file install, expand "New_Bison_Steve_V107_Master", then right click "Data" and select "Set data directory" and click [OK].

During optional file install, expand "New Bison Steve Hotel - Sortomatic->ESM version", then right click "Data" and select "Set data directory" and click [OK], select [Merge] not [Replace]."

I apologize if I am repeating a question, I checked the faq and did a keyword search of xml in the search bar. Thank you S.T.E.P Staff and EssArrBee for your guide. Its nice to get a clearer grasp of what I can do with FNVEdit and other tools.