Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Sadly, I'm crashing in the (I think) Middle of NVBII's story. Right inside the Lvl2 Shadow Company Bunker.  And it looks like I won't be able to continue till next Playthrough.  So I won't be able to test NVBIII for a while.  On the + side, NVBII has a Great Story :)  Also, I didn't receive any errors/bugs with NVBI.

To late to EDIT! It seems I spoke too soon.  Went back through the guide and Updated the NVSE.ini arguments (Memory Tweaks) and now I am Continuing the Shadow Company Bunker. lol Sorry guys.  I'll test NVBIII (God willing) after I am done with NVBII.  Though I am still in the Bunker.  BUT it makes sense that I was running out of memory.

Edited by AyleidRuin

TL;DR: Mod Bounties II: CTD in 3rd lvl Cavern on #12 Bounty. =Is Not FNV Companion Friendly.  Willow worked w/ just her. Was able to finish Quest w/ Just Willow.

Hi guys!  Ran into another CTD.  Bounties II: #12: Jacob Powers.  While going into the 3rd Level of Ultram Caverns, the place the Quest takes you, my game would CTD like I reported before on Shadow Company Bunker.  Tried running it a few times.  Though this time I have the NVSE memory tweaks  :innocent:BUT, I had official companions with me.  Boon, Veronica, Arcade, Raoul and Willow.  CTD after 4 seconds of going through the 3rd level door in the Cavern.  I suspect because there was A Lot of Enemies (Ghouls/Militant Ghouls).  So, Reloaded Save from b4 getting the Bounty Poster.  Went through the quest/dungeon again with Just Willow... And Everything's fine  ::D:(minus the lag while down there).  Could also be that right now, my FNV don't allow more than 20 attacking enemies... according to Wrye Bash.  Also, after googling, others have reported the same thing on this #12 Bounty.  See Post #728.

What I was wondering... Should we put a Note on the Wiki, under Bounties II, that certain quests may Not be Companion Friendly?  Or say; Certain Quests will crash your game with official companions?  Idn.  I'm not good at wording things :P  Only suggesting bc the Big DLCs give warnings to this.  Bounties have no such warnings in-game.  I'm sure the Mod Page warns about it, though.  TBH, This was the 1st time I brought those companions with.  I Usually just roll with Willow.  But thought best to report it here.  Sorry for the long read :/  Take care STEP :)

EDIT: Here is a Bug fix made Aug 2014 by a different modder that claims to fix a few issues with Bounties II.  One issue claimed to fix was pertaining to the above bounty, #12. Said to add a Quest Marker to him.  But I didn't have a problem with a quest marker while finishing it.

Edited by AyleidRuin

@EssArrBee Ah man. I just re-read your last post.  This #12 was the same quest you mentioned. *facepalm* Do you happen to remember bringing any companions along while Battling the Ghoul Army?

That's the one. I'm pretty sure I would have had Veronica and Willow and her dog with me. That's my usual testing posse. 

Well there we go.  Don't bring friends :P I still think we should add a note to the Wiki.  Any suggestions? Or am I overstepping?  Most will find these posts so we may not have to... Another problem is when you "Capture the Bounty".  Most will run(Real-Time) right to the Jail (1 Bounty Got Stuck running back).  While some just stand there.  So you're forced to: console-> "Move to Player" while you're at the Boulder City Jail.  OR just Kill them for a ¼ of the Reward.  It's happened twice now.  Just recent w/ #15-Reznik.  Granted, this is minor.  But may cause hiccups for some.  TYFYT

Edited by AyleidRuin

Finished up a fear and loathing install about a week ago and things are going very well. No major bugs or errors so far knock on wood and I'm about 10 levels into the game. I just wanted to say thank you for all the people who spend their free time updating the guide and responding to questions. You are very much appreciated. 

I tried this guide about a year ago and the installation was a mess but that's probably because I ended up adding some mods on my own and probably also screwed up a few things during the regular installation of the vanilla stuff. There were a few small hiccups this go around but I was generally able to google around for some solutions on here or on a few other forums. 

• +1 3

Lutana plugin now requires a manual installation because drama. Users should be informed that they need to create the correct directory "NVSE\Plugins" and that the dll should go there. I figured it out on my own but newer modders might not. Honestly I'm not sure why the mods description doesn't even have this information.

Lutana plugin now requires a manual installation because drama. Users should be informed that they need to create the correct directory "NVSE\Plugins" and that the dll should go there. I figured it out on my own but newer modders might not. Honestly I'm not sure why the mods description doesn't even have this information.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you for pointing that out LilWhyWhy :) Yea. The latest Lutana 19.0b5.zip just has the .dll file with No folder structure.  How should we go about Wording the Instructions?  Create the folders while using the MO install Manual tools?  Unzip it -> Create 2 folders for \NVSE\Plugins -> Zip it up and install it in MO? Or just have them install it manually?  I don't like my 3rd option :/

Thank you for pointing that out LilWhyWhy :) Yea. The latest Lutana 19.0b5.zip just has the .dll file with No folder structure.  How should we go about Wording the Instructions?  Create the folders while using the MO install Manual tools?  Unzip it -> Create 2 folders for \NVSE\Plugins -> Zip it up and install it in MO? Or just have them install it manually?  I don't like my 3rd option :/

You can create the folders in MO. Just right click <data>, select create directory and input 'Plugins'. Repeat and input 'NVSE'. Drag the DLL into Plugins and Plugins into NVSE, then click OK. Fin!

I'll finish the new instructions in the guide in a bit, but I have completely forgotten my own formatting it's been so long.  :facepalm: