Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

If I find time to get back to this. I will merge some of the changes from my fork into the main guide, it was never important to me to have a fork anyhow, and when the person that suggested it kinda disappeared, I see no point in continuing with the split. My apologies for any confusion it caused.

I had thought about redoing the guide as a framework that allows other pages to call sections with a simple function. We use that with the main STEP Guide where you just call small sections of the other guides so everything stays consistent throughout the wiki.

It was just another thing I never got too. My list of unfinished stuff is probably as long as the finished stuff.

I had thought about redoing the guide as a framework that allows other pages to call sections with a simple function. 

Hello.  Ive been wondering about this sort of thing.  Are you talking about a function such as the "detailed instructions" links beside most mods in the Skyrim STEP 2.2.9.2 guide?  Or do you mean another page being able to link directly to a specific section of the guide?

The guide can already link to other pages, or can it?  That function could be very useful.  But in the Skyrim guide, it seems like you can 'link out', but not back to the guide (from the sub- module- page).  This limitation is a mildly confusing aspect of that format: if you can go one way, a link back would be thoughtful. 

Small question regarding LODGen

After "Running FNVLODGen" (https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#Running_FNVLODGen), I have three entries for LOD-Gen

- FNVLODGen Resources

- LOD additions and improvements

- Fear and Loathing LOD (the generated LOD-files)

I'm not really sure, where to put them in the main (left) pane.

Right now FNVLODGen Resources are way up top, between the main FNV files (Prio-No. 1-9) and above JIP NVSE (Prio-No. 11).

The other two are at the end of my complete list. I didn't run bashed / merged patch yet.

What's the correct order for these?

Small question regarding LODGen

After "Running FNVLODGen" (https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#Running_FNVLODGen), I have three entries for LOD-Gen

- FNVLODGen Resources

- LOD additions and improvements

- Fear and Loathing LOD (the generated LOD-files)

I'm not really sure, where to put them in the main (left) pane.

Right now FNVLODGen Resources are way up top, between the main FNV files (Prio-No. 1-9) and above JIP NVSE (Prio-No. 11).

The other two are at the end of my complete list. I didn't run bashed / merged patch yet.

What's the correct order for these?

The Resources is fine where it is. You can put the others right before the Bashed patch in the left panel. LOOT will take care of the right panel.

Didn't there used to be a part of the guide that told you to move Darnified UI lower down the list for it to work properly? I was having issues with it not working properly with Project Nevada. Couldn't for the life of me figure it out until I remembered that was a part of the guide. Moved it right above UIO and suddenly they are working together.

• +1 1

Didn't there used to be a part of the guide that told you to move Darnified UI lower down the list for it to work properly? ...Moved it right above UIO and suddenly they are working together.

Is that so?  The guide can be a little tight-lipped about load order, I've noticed.  But thats because its hard to be definitive on this subject.  There is a lot a variety between different people's working load orders, I think.  So it would be easy to add instructions which arent necessary.  

But if this could be confirmed, as with any load order issue, it should be added.  I havent noticed any DarnUI - PN problems myself, though.  If you get a chance, a screenshot would be helpful.

You don't need to move DarnUI anymore because UIO solved the problem. 

Not sure why it wasn't working on my end then. To get it to work I either had to move DarnUI to just above UIO in Mod Organizer OR I installed all my UI mods manually.

To explain the problem in more detail, I'd have the DarnUI fonts working but nothing would scale down. Everything just remained at vanilla size and there wouldn't be a DarnUI logo on my title screen indicating it's running at all.

This is about the guide.

Under "One HUD - oHUD", the line we need to delete or comment out, I was wondering if you could add the line itself, so we can just Ctrl-F for it . I don't have any xml openers and the only thing that worked was notepad, it just didn't number each line for me, unless I had to enable it. I still don't have NP+++ yet, which is a staple, sorry I'm a noob with my newly built PC and I'm excited and lazy. I also noticed the same exact line is in another part of the file, so I would also note it's under the "Radiation" section.

Edited by FuzzRocket9

I tried looking on the forums and cannot find an answer. In the guide when setting up MO, the point where you need to add a a argument for LOOT. The guide says to add the argument: --game=FalloutNV (two dashes) is this correct or should it be -game=FalloutNV (one dash)

And for the FNVLODGen portion: -o:C:\FNVLODGenOutput or should it be -o: C:\FNVLODGenOutput (space after the -o:). Lastly, the next step says Merge Plugin Standalone has one extra instruction to setup in the Executables menu select Merge Plugins Standalone. When i go into configure executables, it is not listed.

Thanks

Edited by D1Z4STR

I tried looking on the forums and cannot find an answer. In the guide when setting up MO, the point where you need to add a a argument for LOOT. The guide says to add the argument: --game=FalloutNV (two dashes) is this correct or should it be -game=FalloutNV (one dash)

And for the FNVLODGen portion: -o:C:\FNVLODGenOutput or should it be -o: C:\FNVLODGenOutput (space after the -o:). Lastly, the next step says Merge Plugin Standalone has one extra instruction to setup in the Executables menu select Merge Plugins Standalone. When i go into configure executables, it is not listed.

Thanks

LOOT:

--game=FalloutNV     /// with two dashes is correct

FNVLOD:

-o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput"    //// no space; and dont forget the quotations

Merge Plugins Standalone:

If there's no entry in the exec-list, than you have to add it:

- Make sure, you don't anything selected in the list (click on a empty room in the window)

- For Title -> Merge Plugins Standalone

- Binrary -> Klick on the [...] button next to the field -> Browse for your MergePlugins.exe (for me it's in Fallout New Vegas\Merge Plugins Standalone\)

- Add the following Argument: -profile FNV

- Click on [Add]

- Done

@Gogan,

FNVLOD:

-o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput"    //// no space; and dont forget the quotations (I thought the quotations were supposed to be removed?)

Merge Plugins:

Next to the Arguments test field, type "-profile FalloutNVProfile", without quotations (What does this do exactly?)