Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Hi, Shad73. 

These old games have pretty horrible aliasing. Can you verify that you don't get the aliasing issues without having ENBoost installed (e.g. rename the d3d9.dll to d3d9.dll.bak temporarily) and that ENBs AA features don't help. Feel free to open up a topic in the support subforum.

I'm fairly certain ENBoost for FNV still, incorrectly, forces deferred rendering unlike Skyrim's, meaning that the regular AA and AF won't work even with effects turned off. Boris doesn't care enough to fix it since it is an "old and unpopular game."

Edited by Adonis_VII

I'm fairly certain ENBoost for FNV still, incorrectly, forces deferred rendering unlike Skyrim's, meaning that the regular AA and AF won't work even with effects turned off. Boris doesn't care enough to fix it since it is an "old and unpopular game."

Hmm, that's a shame. I feel like I have to choose between a more stable game with ENBoost and weaker AA..or good AA but an unstable game without ENBoost.

Enboost doesnt make NV that much more stable (it causes horrible hitching for me at any rate.) You are probably better off without it, IMO.

Have you tried setting EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks to true? ENBoost gave me terrible stuttering until I changed that.

I've added the optimized textures through MO. Is their order in the left plane important? I currently have it like this:

FalloutNV textures opt

FalloutNV textures2 opt

Update textures opt

DeadMoney textures opt

HonestHearts textures opt

OldWorldBlues textures opt

LonesomeRoad textures opt

GunRunnersArsenal textures opt

ClassicPack textures opt

TribalPack textures opt

MercenaryPack textures opt

CaravanPack textures opt

Also, is there any particular reason why the Uncut Wasteland Uncut Extra Collection optional file is not included in the cut content section of the guide?

Edited by Maugo

Have you tried setting EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks to true? ENBoost gave me terrible stuttering until I changed that.

Katophill, after trying that, I've noticed an improvement as well. But in the long term, did you experience more CTDs because of that setting?

Edited by Shad73

Katophill, after trying that, I've noticed an improvement as well. But in the long term, did you experience more CTDs because of that setting?

Nope. It shouldn't cause any problems as long as you have Borderless Windowed Mode enabled.

• 3 weeks later...

I've added Mojave Music Radio Extended to the guide. I've recommended the 60 song plugin as that's the one I have been playing with and I really like the "The Lonesome Road" by Gene Austin (which is also really appropriate given the last DLC). WMX's Modern Weapons plugin was removed, I have been intending to do that for a while. 

Now is also a good time to point out that I will be going away for a week and unable to provide support, or changes to the guide when I am abroad. When I come back I intend to add New Vegas Reborn Project to the guide, at least in the form of the "NVR Item Sorter" module and the "NVR Mojave Encounters" module. Undecided on the main module yet as it provides some additional tweaking, but overall does a lot of the same as Project Nevada (which overrides it). I will probably be working on an MCM settings page of my own to provide an alternative to EssArrBee's in lieu of that, with an emphasis on challenging game play.

Cheers. Have a great summer, play some FNV and complain about stuff so that I get new ideas.  :^_^:

EDIT: I've modified the NVR Core plugin to include an MCM option for adding its Armor Repair Kits to appropriate leveled lists. It would potentially make the Armour Repair Kits mod superfluous. I've PMed the author about permission to upload it.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated my setup to latest F&LNV and Mono's equipment pack. Will test your equipment pack, Mono.

I am now testing Loot Menu and Fallout 4 Quickloot. Loot Menu is currently not compatible with FPS Weapon Wheel, but presumably using better/more efficient/less buggy scripting than Fallout 4 Quickloot. It is compatible with immersive pick up sound.

Fallout 4 Quickloot does work with FPS Weapon Wheel, but not immersive pick up sound.

Gopher is using Loot Menu in his FNV playthrough right now. He used Fallout 4 Quickloot for several episodes, then switched to Loot Menu.

Edited by darkside