Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

It's likely that Internet Explorer is set as the default xml editor; it usually is. It isn't as easy to use it for editing xml files as it is with other xml editors. I find it's a lot easier to use Notepad++ for editing xml files, as well as any text INI files in the game. When I install Notepad++ I choose the option to have it included in the context menu (the menu that shows up when you right click a file) so it's easier to get to it.

When installing optional files, unless the guide says otherwise, you want select the optional file and click the MO Install icon, but once the installation menu window is seen use the same mod folder name in MO as you did when installing the main file. When you click "OK" a new window will pop up that includes the "Merge" and "Replace" choices.

Hey there, love the guide, but I came across a very strange issue when trying to configure the in-game settings for Project Nevada:

https://youtu.be/e4WDvGrB2O0

I'm really not sure what to make of this 0o In case it helps, here's my load order:

https://pastebin.com/KmkTYMxb

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

make sure you follow the guide and move Darn UI to the correct spot on the left hand load order pane.

The thing I'd like to know is: when exactly are you pulling up the menu? The text in the bottom-left, right near the end of the clip, gives me the impression that the game is still loading and/or configuring itself. Sortomatic is running in the background it seems during this clip, so perhaps just wait until the game has completed all background tasks and try again.

The thing I'd like to know is: when exactly are you pulling up the menu? The text in the bottom-left, right near the end of the clip, gives me the impression that the game is still loading and/or configuring itself. Sortomatic is running in the background it seems during this clip, so perhaps just wait until the game has completed all background tasks and try again.

Gave it a good 10 - 15 minutes after reading this and am still running in to the same issue. I doubt the game would take that long to load all the background scripts, right?

Gave it a good 10 - 15 minutes after reading this and am still running in to the same issue. I doubt the game would take that long to load all the background scripts, right?

Yeah, plenty of time.

This is very odd, the positioning of DUI and PN shouldn't matter too much as UIO will create an unified set of menu files on load, as it is after these mods.

Have you tried removing all the PN mods and re-installing them? Perhaps there was an error in installation or a corrupted download that is not giving you all the menu files?

Yeah, plenty of time.

This is very odd, the positioning of DUI and PN shouldn't matter too much as UIO will create an unified set of menu files on load, as it is after these mods.

Have you tried removing all the PN mods and re-installing them? Perhaps there was an error in installation or a corrupted download that is not giving you all the menu files?

Aha! This comment made me thing that there might have been something wrong with one of the Uncapper mods I had installed; removing the "Vew Vegas Uncapped" merged plugin soled the problem entirely. Thank you!

EDIT: specifically, the merged plugin tried to merge "Project Nevada - Rebalance Uncapped Max Level", "Kobu - Primary Attributes Uncapper", "Epic Skills", "Pickpocket Chance Uncapper", and "Kobu - Free Wild Wasteland Trait" into one. I'll try re-enabling them one by one and see if they give problems when added by themselves.

Edited by ClockwiseGear

With Roy's new 4GB patcher the entire startup is now super quick. Suggest switching over to this as soon as possible.

No issues with any 3rd party plugins like ReShade or ENBs and the game is just launched via the original game's EXE name so any mod manager will just work.

I installed it as soon as it was released and it is brilliant.

With Roy's new 4GB patcher the entire startup is now super quick. Suggest switching over to this as soon as possible.

No issues with any 3rd party plugins like ReShade or ENBs and the game is just launched via the original game's EXE name so any mod manager will just work.

I installed it as soon as it was released and it is brilliant.

Feel free to edit the guide. I'm a bit swamped as I recently joined the Frontier team. 

There's also my super secret Wasteland Edition, that was intended to be fleshed out more with Audley. We're both a bit busy right now though, so I don't know where that stands. It lacks some things like a new description and so on, but I also made a few updates.

Edited by MonoAccipiter
  • +1 1

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't popped in this topic as often as I used to be. I lost interest for FNV for the last few months. This guide is still the best guide on the net for FNV modding. I have yet to finish Dead Money and Lonesome Road, but will get to them at some point. I will keep full F&LNV installation until that time.

Thanks again.

From Mid 2015 through Mid 2016 - I got to play FNV, Skyrim, and Witcher 3. I would consider a very good gaming year.

Edited by darkside