Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Ah, I see. Nice work fixing it then.

Also it's funny seeing a resurgence in mod attention for 3/New Vegas on sites like Neogaf. Someone posted a link to the F&L guide, a couple people complained that it's too wordy, and on that same page you have one guy posting an image and bitching about mods, where LOOT says that his Fallout3.esm is deactivated lol.

"Too Wordy" ? I am not sure what they are expecting. A guide to mod an entire game to the plugin limit is bound to be a bit "wordy." lol :\

I see so many people having issues, and just refer them to this guide. Usually they appreciate it, sometimes they complain about it being too much lol. It really is invaluable though, because it let me finally play through the story and DLC without tons of crashes (apart from New Vegas Bounties II and some of its buggy interiors).

Oh, it wasn't "too wordy", it was "too comprehensive".  :lol:

Edited by Jax765

Hey guys, are there any updated instructions for ADAM? When I download the ADAM All-in-one v4.1.1.7z from the Copy website and then run the install all options are grayed out. But the instructions say to check things as you're going through.

Thanks.

--Edit Nevermind. Just now saw the last page in which someone has linked to a fix. Not sure why that didn't come up when I searched the forum for 'ADAM'.

Edited by Vaportrails

I am having a slight issue with ADAM. The textures for the "Nemesis" chest armor do not appear to be the ones advertised on ADAM's image tab. In fact, the Nemesis armor in my game is using the "Main" texture from ADAM, the one used for NCR Ranger Combat Armor. The helmet is displaying properly (blue glow instead of red, etc). I tried downloading ADAM from the Nexus and overwrote the texture files thinking it might just be a texture mishap when the installer for F&L was assembled, but that didn't fix it. I am not an expert at FNVEdit, but when I look under the ADAM -> Armor, everything looks good, it is pointing towards a texture called Nemesis whatever, and when I go to ADAM -> Texture Sets, the Nemesis armor texture set appears to be defined with the correct textures. 

Am I missing something in FNVEdit? Is the ADAM - Complete.esp in this installer not including the ADAM - Nemesis.esp that comes with ADAM?

Edit: Nevermind, i found the fix in this thread, page 151. Have to change the biped to combatranger_upper.nif, was set to _f.nif for me. This should be pretty easy to fix in your installer, so that people actually see the correct texture. Most people probably don't even realize it's supposed to look different!

Edited by C37blader

just for clarity .

after using  Merge plugins 1.9  when  i merged plugins with the settings used as in the guide  i noticed  that apart from the merged plugin , my  overwrite folder also included  lots of folders  ( readmes  , textures sound etc )

As an example , here is Millenias additional weapons  merged file  .

naamloos8grm3.png

i put them along with the plugin  for now  , but is this nessecary  or should i simply delete everything save the plugin ?

I no , is there a setting i can toggle so only the plugin get's saved ?

Edited by thorgal

They are simply readmes, you don't need them but if you want to be able to access them through MO in the future you should keep them there. If you have already read the readme or you know you never will, there's not really any point in keeping it around (though unless you actually need those few kb of space I don't see why anyone would put in the effort to delete them). Although, if they are part of the merged patch, even if you do delete them you will still be able to read them later on by double clicking the original mod that was merged.

You could delete that FNVEdit Backups folder too. Everytime you run FNVEdit it makes that stupid folder (and since usually you never save plugins except the one you're creating, the folder is usually empty). Constantly deleting that from my overwrite is annoying as hell, but I do it anyway.

Edited by C37blader

Super Edit: NVM! I just solved it and I definitely need to sleep  :facepalm: 

Hi !

I'm installing the UI mods and I found something weird about the mod "advanced recon trap detection". Following instructions, I installed first the main file, which added 3 plugins:

1) detect traps.esm (ticked)
2) detect traps - perk.esp (ticked)
3) detect traps - traponator 4000.esp (ticked)

Then, I installed the compatibility patch, which added another plugin:

4) advanced recon tech - detect traps.esp (unticked)

Finally, i installed the DLC patch which added the last plugin:

5) Detect traps - DLC.esp (unticked)

4) and 5) are installed by merging them into the main file, as the instructions say. if i tick 4), a flag with "missing masters: advanced recon tech.esm" appears. Nothing happens if i tick 5) I just keep them unticked.

After I've merged the plugins 2), 3) and 5) , I get the following in my list:

1) detect traps.esm (ticked)
2) advanced recon tech - detect traps.esp (unticked)
3) merged plugins (unticked)

2)  is still unticked, but since it isn't merged with other plugins, why do I have to install it, since it's deactivated from start and remains deactivated during the entire install process? Also, I guess I have to tick the merged file, right?

edit: I'm installing all the mods manually, using the "install mods from archive" button, because I keep all the mod files in another HD, and i'm renaming all the mod names in the left pane in order to have a "clean" list...

edit2: just changed a few lines in the post in order to be more clear as possibile :)

Edited by LewsTherin

I've been having some issues lately, and this forum is a lot more active than the Nexus forums. Would anyone know what could cause loading a specific set of cells (The Lucky 38 Presidential Suite) to result in FNV freezing and steadily consuming RAM until I manually kill the process?

Hi there !

Just wanted to start FNV which seems  to be a so cool RPG. I search on the Nexus for mods and I was so lost ... Untiil on a Nexus page, I found a link to your guide ! Thank you very much, it's clear and really well written, really cool of you to do such a work for us. I'm at the UI section, so I don't know if I fail anything, but until now that's good !

Thank you again !