Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I really would have liked to try Overgrowth ENB with F&L but I saw no mention of it having nightvision support so I never tested it out. Do you know if it has nightvision support? Or have you not gotten that far yet?

Haven't gone  that far yet .

Also cannot really play the game atm  since my card is in for repair right now .

Playing at 5FPS on an integrated intel 4000 is not fun :p

Edited by thorgal

Been having problems with this hanging immediately on startup, here is my load order for reference: https://pastebin.com/Bz0JdtZM

I have searched through some old posts and discovered that some people were having problems with having too many BSAs, so I have extracted most aside from FlashlightNVSE, Nevada Skies and Interior Lighting Overhaul, unfortunately the issue still exists.

Anything else I can try? Really not looking forward to the possible rebuild of this whole thing!

Yeah, I had that issue a while ago. I recall extracting the BSAs for a few mods, and renaming a few so they were no longer greyed out in MO, then ticking them.

Also, with regards to the plugin limit, do ESMs count towards it or just ESPs? Got 80 active ESPs (15 are inactive due to my Bashed Patch), so I'm wondering if I'd be able to comfortably install TTW and accompanying mods in the future in addition to the ones included in the F&L guide and the few extra mods I added myself.

Edited by Jax765

Been having problems with this hanging immediately on startup, here is my load order for reference: https://pastebin.com/Bz0JdtZM

I have searched through some old posts and discovered that some people were having problems with having too many BSAs, so I have extracted most aside from FlashlightNVSE, Nevada Skies and Interior Lighting Overhaul, unfortunately the issue still exists.

Anything else I can try? Really not looking forward to the possible rebuild of this whole thing!

An easy way to figure out who the culprit is for your crashes  is to disable all your plugins  and then run the game to see if it starts up ,then activate 5 plugins and run it again  , then activate 5 more  etc repeat  till you  crash , then deactivate the plugins one by one each time rerunning the game to check , and once it runs fine the last plugin you deactivated is your culprit .

An easy way to figure out who the culprit is for your crashes  is to disable all your plugins  and then run the game to see if it starts up ,then activate 5 plugins and run it again  , then activate 5 more  etc repeat  till you  crash , then deactivate the plugins one by one each time rerunning the game to check , and once it runs fine the last plugin you deactivated is your culprit .

An instant crash on startup suggests an issue with too many BSAs rather than the plugins.

Yeah, I had that issue a while ago. I recall extracting the BSAs for a few mods, and renaming a few so they were no longer greyed out in MO, then ticking them.

Also, with regards to the plugin limit, do ESMs count towards it or just ESPs? Got 80 active ESPs (15 are inactive due to my Bashed Patch), so I'm wondering if I'd be able to comfortably install TTW and accompanying mods in the future in addition to the ones included in the F&L guide and the few extra mods I added myself.

All plugins count ESM  flavour and ESP flavour.

I'm still using 1.2.18, is it worth upgrading now, or does the new version still have issues?

Hmmm. If 1.2.18 is working fine for you now I am not sure if upgrading is worth it at this point. I am using 1.3.7 right now and for whatever reason AI didn't impliment correctly by itself and I had to do something to get it working properly. I think you will be fine using 1.2.18 yet for a while.

I would use 1.3.7. The issues are minor, such as the AI not listing its BSA correctly, and can be fixed very easily.

But... do so only if you wish to contribute to the debugging process. We ask that those that mention issues stick with it to verify the fixes.

Hmmm. If 1.2.18 is working fine for you now I am not sure if upgrading is worth it at this point. I am using 1.3.7 right now and for whatever reason AI didn't impliment correctly by itself and I had to do something to get it working properly. I think you will be fine using 1.2.18 yet for a while.

I would use 1.3.7. The issues are minor, such as the AI not listing its BSA correctly, and can be fixed very easily.

But... do so only if you wish to contribute to the debugging process. We ask that those that mention issues stick with it to verify the fixes.

What's AI?

You need to set the below in both fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1

Thank you! I've changed the fallout.ini, and now head skin tones are matching the bodies. Although the guide specifically says to change it in falloutprefs.ini (which I did).

And thanks to other posts, I re-checked that AAI is turned on. Somehow it was turned off. That fixed the body textures and light source flickering (at least I didn't notice any yet).

Edited by 13xforever