Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Mmh I have a doubt so I ask there (I searched in the forum but I didn't find any info so ...) :

For your additionnal weapon guide (Millenia's, at this page https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas_MilleniasAdditionalWeapons) for "Merging plugin no cheat" yo suggest the use of "Merge plugins v1.75" instead of v1.9. Is it an error ? If not, I don't have that version in FNVEdit, did I missed something ?

Thank you in advance (for whoever will respond :3)

It's an outdated indication.

Thank you very much ! :*

Edit : it also says to tick "Renumber FormIDs" that means in the option ? Because from the beggining I had "Renumber conflicting FomrIDs" checked, is that enough ?

thank you again ... :s

Edited by Pandore

Once again, outdated info. If you set up 1.9 from the start to renumber conflicting ID's you're fine. 

Thank you :) I'm now at the SRB's Additional Weapons and I think there is an outdated think here too, in Merging plugins no cheat :

1. Expand SRB's Additional Weapons.esp->Cell->Block 1
  2. Right click on Sub-Block 4 and select "Remove"
  3. Right click on Block 9 and select "Remove"
  4. Expand Worldspace->000DA726->Block 0, -1
  5. Right click on Sub-Block 0, -2 and select "Remove"

On the Worldspace thing, I just have a Sub-Block -3. 0, have to remove it ? Thank you again :/

Edit : maybe I answered myself; I didn't install Crossbow and Tesla Rifles mods, maybe that's it ^^

Edited by Pandore
  • +1 1

Me again ! (sorry)

Thought I opened a topic on the game choice on DDSopt for FNV but maybe that was deleted or ... I don't know why :( I was just asking what game do we have to choose in DDSopt to optimize FNV ? I think it's Skyrim, but just to be sure I didn't miss anything ...

Sorry if I say something stupid lol. TY :/

Thank you guy, I'll follow your word so :)

Don't worry about asking too many questions here on the forums - that is what they are for. A lot of us are here and happy to help. :) I remember when I first joined the STEP forums and started following Fear and Loathing. I think I drove EssArrBee bananas with all my questions. :P

• +1 1

Quick question : which of the 3  texture optimazations do you prefer to use  ?

1. using the DDSopt GUI to manually select groups of textures to be optimized in one or more runs of DDSopt;
  2. using the 2_Fallout_Pre-optimization_NoSort_2.8.bat batch file which copies all the files that should be optimized to a Vanilla Optimizable folder, and then using the DDSopt GUI to optimize textures (this option is typically used with powerful computers where it is sufficient to perform a single optimization run optimizing all the textures); or
  3. using the 2_Fallout_Pre-optimization_2.8.bat batch file generated for this guide that supports selective optimization of the textures, with different DDSopt processing parameters used with different texture categories. Selective optimization provides better optimization but adds complexity. Both batch files and subsequent DDSOpt steps can be used with the full set of vanilla textures or, if desired, with the textures from a subset of the vanilla BSAs.

Don't worry about asking too many questions here on the forums - that is what they are for. A lot of us are here and happy to help. :) I remember when I first joined the STEP forums and started following Fear and Loathing. I think I drove EssArrBee bananas with all my questions. :P

Same here.  I just got promoted to part of the staff recently and I still probably drive EssArrBee nuts sometimes.  :)

Quick question : which of the 3  texture optimazations do you prefer to use  ?

1. using the DDSopt GUI to manually select groups of textures to be optimized in one or more runs of DDSopt;
  2. using the 2_Fallout_Pre-optimization_NoSort_2.8.bat batch file which copies all the files that should be optimized to a Vanilla Optimizable folder, and then using the DDSopt GUI to optimize textures (this option is typically used with powerful computers where it is sufficient to perform a single optimization run optimizing all the textures); or
  3. using the 2_Fallout_Pre-optimization_2.8.bat batch file generated for this guide that supports selective optimization of the textures, with different DDSopt processing parameters used with different texture categories. Selective optimization provides better optimization but adds complexity. Both batch files and subsequent DDSOpt steps can be used with the full set of vanilla textures or, if desired, with the textures from a subset of the vanilla BSAs.

I personally use option 3, because I prefer to make my Exterior Normal Maps 1K versus 2K, which I use for everything else.  That is based off of my own assessment of how much memory load I feel my graphics card should handle, which is based off of its VRAM and the speed at which it can process and transfer the VRAM.  Your needs may be different.