Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I realise now that I might have forgotten to enable archive invalidation. Could this be the cause of the issue?

I've just checked, automatic archive invalidation is enabled for the profile, about to try turning off blocks of plugins now unless there is some faster troubleshooting method.

EDIT: I've just gone through slowly disabling all plugins (aside from the base game ESMs) with no improvements, what else could be wrong? Some mess up with an ini somewhere?

Edited by VenomIreland

Well have another issue to report : I don't know why but when I active the SRB's additional weapons part or the DDS optimized version of NMC's texture pack, the font on the main menu dont appear, and it freeze; the cursor is also stuck ...

Any idea ? I'm searching for a while but no idea ... -_-

I have been watching this thread over the past couple of days and have seen a lot of you having a lot of issues. However, I have not had the time to post anything. I would like to help but this has turned into a bit of a mess. I hate to be "that guy," but could everyone having issues please make their own topic in the "F&LNV - Support" area combining all of their current issues into one post? I have lost track of who is having what issues - but I would like to do what I can to help. Thanks. ::):

• +1 2

I have been watching this thread over the past couple of days and have seen a lot of you having a lot of issues. However, I have not had the time to post anything. I would like to help but this has turned into a bit of a mess. I hate to be "that guy," but could everyone having issues please make their own topic in the "F&LNV - Support" area combining all of their current issues into one post? I have lost track of who is having what issues - but I would like to do what I can to help. Thanks. ::):

Done, the link to my own thread is: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/8161-new-vegas-hangs-on-a-black-screen-at-launch-then-goes-into-not-responding-state-and-has-to-be-closed/

I'm also thinking a lot about what plugins to dump. I think Mojave Nights is a good one. The only thing the plugin does is adjust the size of the moon, the rest of the mod is texture replacers. I think it'd be good to just leave the plugin out of it if possible by changing the installer options. Like for moon size choose default.

To be honest, I think this is a great idea, particularly if it is getting in the way of adding mods that you would like to add to the guide, but are unable to because of the plugin limit. Not to mention if someone wanted a different version of Mojave Nights, adding instructions on how to change which version of this kind of mod wouldn't exactly be rocket science... "Instead of copying this file, copy this file."

• +1 2

The ESPs for Misc Item Icons and WRP are marked as "NoMerge" in Wrye Flash, so they're not assimilated into the bashed patch, even though its recommended to disable them when making the patch. Should we remove the tag, or is there a particular reason why its used in the first place?

Edited by Jax765
  • +1 1

I've already got some stuff I'm working on for F&L right after 2.2.9.1 is dropped. Mostly housekeeping stuff, but also a couple extra goodies to hold people over till I get to some new mods and whatnot. 

Next week for sure.

Okay so STEP is updated, finally. I'll be back to some fallout in a day or two. I've got a few short term plans that I'll take care out before revamping some parts of the guide in major (and much needed) way. I've also got to do that additional armor section pronto.

Has anyone else been playing that Fallout Shelter mobile game that came out? Why are those types of games so addicting? 

I'm planning on Coming back to New Vegas after 2 and half years (only ever played on console but now got it on PC) was planning on following this guide is it worth waiting a few days for the major updates to the guide to happoen before getting stuck in?

Edited by Darth_mathias

No major updates in the next week. I'm going to be doing housekeeping stuff like getting it up to date with current mod releases and adding a couple mods that were removed when an author left the nexus for a little while. Major changes will come later after I've had time to test thoroughly.