Transparent and Refracting Icicle and Frost Atronach by Skysan4298

james4832

It's nothing to do with that crap NIF format. What do YOU want to see then? What do you think could improve the icicles? Where did X360 graphics go wrong?

Tech -  Haha. Yeah it is my over-complex way of thinking. Good that I did not waste all your time with my crackpot theories.  :lol:

Edited by Guest

It's nothing to do with that crap NIF format. What do YOU want to see then? What do you think could improve the icicles? Where did X360 graphics go wrong?

I enjoyed the "wet" look that Terrain Bump was providing; however, the shiny was too much in the sun. I wouldn't mind seeing this mod's "magic" but with a slightly frosted look. Nothing too white or they'll stand out far too much. You should still be able to see through them or parts of them. Not glass like but a bit cloudy. Similar to this:

Posted Image

This is most likely texture territory rather than meshes.

Okay Tech, if I get around to it, I will probably hi-jack this thread.  :;): I'm good at that. I will see if I can make a 1 pixel flat-colour texture and do it all on the mesh. That will be the challenge! Nah, due to time I will have to smooth vanilla then go from there with your ref. photos. Thanks.

I wouldn't mind seeing this mod's "magic" but with a slightly frosted look. Nothing too white or they'll stand out far too much. You should still be able to see through them or parts of them. Not glass like but a bit cloudy. 

I agree with this 100%.

Good catch on the terrain bump issue, Tech / SP - I've been following this thread , and was wondering why Tech's screens didn't match the mod author's shots.

If we're at the stage for voting, I think it would be still good to do more testing with a torch in hand in more varied lighting / weather situations. I would need to look at that more personally before I would want to vote on STEP inclusion.

Also - has the Frost Atronach part of the mod been ruled out?

I agree with this 100%.

Good catch on the terrain bump issue, Tech / SP - I've been following this thread , and was wondering why Tech's screens didn't match the mod author's shots.

If we're at the stage for voting, I think it would be still good to do more testing with a torch in hand in more varied lighting / weather situations. I would need to look at that more personally before I would want to vote on STEP inclusion.

Also - has the Frost Atronach part of the mod been ruled out?

The fire/torch fire issue isn't something that will go away. Fortunately, it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it.

@Antronach,

Heck no! That atronach rocks with this mod!

I was curious to see some differences between mods myself, and eventually realized there were several different types of frost atronachs which apparently use completely different meshes/textures. Console gave me several results, so I spawned the last one in the list (300e193), and no matter how I flipped mods around it looked the same. After looking at UESPWiki's page I tried 23aa7 and suddenly it worked. Isn't that a bit weird?

I liked the effect on the Atronach without the Atronach texture in STEP I know. I saw that in-game recently. But I haven't tested it with the STEP Atronach or the varying icicles yet. It sounds like Aiyen is making a version of this type of thing as well, so perhaps we should wait until we can compare them?

Hijacking like I said. Well sort of... Been messing around with glacier textures for 45 mins tonight. Please tell me what you think.  It's just two textures, with the shot below taken with vanilla lighting. Been looking at blue ice glaciers and tried to make them fit in with the LOD too. The blending is pretty good. Will start on the icicles when I feel like it and if anyone wants the files please ask. Drive-by done.

Edit: By the way, this is just me prepping for the main task. Just random really.

Posted Image

Edited by Guest