textureslandscapeIcicle_n.dds

textureslandscapeIcicle.dds

-

texturescubemapsGlacierIce_e.dds

-

textureslandscapeIcicleParallax.dds

-

-

Are any of the bottom 3 textures changed or removed in the BSShaderTextureSet block?

Tech try to confirm this by right click on the object in Nifskope > Texture > Edit UV then seeing if the UV web extends over the grey box in the middle vertically.

Edit: Yep that block is where the refraction effect lies. Two _n textures are the giveaway.

Edited by Guest

Make sure you check for meshes as well since any changed mesh will also alter the visuals... probably more then the textures themselves.

Only mesh conflicts are from USKP which was loaded in both the vanilla and STEP shots above.

Tech try to confirm this by right click on the object in Nifskope > Texture > Edit UV then seeing if the UV web extends over the grey box in the middle vertically.

Edit: Yep that block is where the refraction effect lies. Two _n textures are the giveaway.

Posted Image

Okay that may be the refraction one, try doing the same, but clicking on the NiTriShape on both blocks instead of the mesh view. Do the UV's look same on both?

Edited by Guest

I figured out which mod is messing with this one. It's Terrain Bump which has an icicle_n.dds file:

Vanilla >> with Terrain Bump >> with icicle_n.dds hidden

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is what's causing all the undesirable effects. I'm going to redo all the compares with this file hidden in Terrain Bump.

I figured out which mod is messing with this one. It's Terrain Bump which has an icicle_n.dds file:

Vanilla >> with Terrain Bump >> with icicle_n.dds hidden

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is what's causing all the undesirable effects. I'm going to redo all the compares with this file hidden in Terrain Bump.

Dude, if Terrain Bump is only normals then the first and third picture are the same thing. Except for some snowflakes in different spots they are the same. Either way TB is best. I think SP should do some 8k uncompressed normal maps. ::P: