Transparent and Refracting Icicle and Frost Atronach by Skysan4298

james4832

Altering the meshes to contain transparency and refraction will alter the color of the model as well. My main gripe with this mod is that it looks awesome in certain locations (for example the caves) however horrible in others (Windhelm). In order to get this effect to really shine one would have to manually edit the various meshes with different settings depending on locale. 

Also the texture used needs to be one that complements the effects to begin with. And I am fairly certain that the step choices for ice do not do this atm. Hence why there is an overly blue atronach for example. 

I'm pretty sure you're right Tech. STEP's icicle texture should be coming from HRDLC

Also, idk if it's my ENB or what, but I really like Frost Atronarch HD. Even though it doesn't have refraction and doesn't look transparent, I think it's perfect.

Posted Image

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

If step icicles came from hrdlc then they would look the same as the first photo in each set. I think they come from a mod maybe rwt or real ice.

True that. However, since the icicles don't have a texture path, I can't even load up a texture in NifSkope.

I finally got nifskope to load textures; however, I still don't see any texture paths in the blocks. They need to update their documentation.

EDIT:

Icicles still won't load a texture and I've every snow related mod to the textures folder....

Does MO conflict tab count case? Because this mod's texture is "icicle.DDS" and not icicle.dds"

@SP

Icicles

EDIT:

I changed it...I guess not. There are no conflicts for the icicle texture....so what is STEP using because they are clearly different than vanilla.