STEP Patches

Nearox

Will, are you planning to stop supporting DLC for EBQO and Disease Descriptions as separate plugins anytime soon?

Last night I did a test plugin and found that I could get 17 plugins merged into the Extended Patch, and if we go with the non-spell version of Dead Body Collision, 18 plugins total. The compatibility patch would no longer be that though, it would be the 'STEP Core/Extended Compilation'.

Here's what I could merge on top of what has already been added from previous patches:

Plugins

Dragon Shout with Voice can be fully merged                                                       1

More Salt Please and DB addon can be fully merged                                               2

Moon Size Tweaks both plugins can be fully merged                                              2

Realistic Ragdoll Force can be fully merged                                                           1

No Spinning Death Animation can be fully merged*                                               1

Dungeon Quest Awareness can be fully merged                                                    1

Disease Descriptions and both DLC plugins can be fully merged                               3

EBQO and dlc plugins can be fully merged                                                            3

WaterBreathing Breathless Emerged is redundant after forwarding USKP fixes*           1

Distant Detail can be fully merged                                                                      1

No spell version of Dead Body Collsions can be fully merged                                   1

Blessings Altar Descriptions can be fully merged                                                   1

*Core mod                                                                                                   17/18

We'd probably need permission for a few of those mods.

Couple of questions/observations:

1) Mod Organizer & TES5Edit flags "STEP SoS-WL Patch.esp" as missing master ClimatesOfTamriel.esm? Is this intended or unintended?

2) The readme refers to this file as the "STEP WL-SoS Patch" should this be changed to the "STEP SoS-WL Patch" to match the name of the .esp?

I'm pretty sure that I didn't have CoT as a master, but the masters may be out of order. WL-SoS vs SoS-WL doesn't matter. Those three patches are standalone so use them as you will. I'll check them out for imcompatibilities and fix them if CoT is somehow a master. Should take me about an hour or so. I'm not totally sober at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't have CoT as a master' date=' but the masters may be out of order. WL-SoS vs SoS-WL doesn't matter. Those three patches are standalone so use them as you will. I'll check them out for imcompatibilities and fix them if CoT is somehow a master. Should take me about an hour or so. I'm not totally sober at the moment.

:lol: Ahahahaha! You don't know how many times I've been on the forums and working on stuff for STEP that I was completely buzzed off wine.

Thanks SRB. I will be testing out once I get all of my mods configured for use with MO and updated. May not be for another week or two though.

Do you think that the releases are ready for upload to Nexus?

I can add you as an admin (or perhaps we can get Tech in here to see if he has any ideas about how we do this)

All we need to do is dress it up with some instructions and a slot within the STEP guide, complete with its own Mod page and notes.

Yes they are ready for release, the readme is updated, and some have already started using them and asking questions. The guide will have to be updated to reflect that we have merged a few patches into this to save plugin slots. Also, to only use one patch at a time either Core or Extended.

As we discussed earlier about merging even more mods into this patch to make it a mod compilation or sorts, that would be the next phase I guess. That would consist of asking permission to merge certain mods into our compilation patch, like Dragon Voice with Shout, Blessings, Disease Descriptions.... Others will just get added as we see fit like Moon Size Tweaks, I can just make a version of it manually without having to ask permission, just a simple edit. We can just keep a list of the mods that are used in the compilation and encourage people to give an endorsement or something.

I've been monitoring. I think it would be best to provide them via Nexus. That way we can provide something else for users to download and endorse us there. This can be added to list of Release Procedures; to update the patches and upload the new files to Nexus. Potentially, this would also mean we could finally do away with the PDF.

We do need a detailed outline of what patches ARE still needed and thus not covered by the STEP Patches. This will be the first question anyone will be asking and it's information that will have to be added to the Guide along will the patches. "Patches not required if using the STEP Patch" added to the relevant mod pages should suffice for the individual mods. For the patches, I'd add them to the Guide just below the mod tables or create a new table at the bottom of the tables called "Patches". Either would work.

There are no patches still needed, I added any patch that was only patching two mods. The readme lists all of them in the installation instructions pretty clearly. It also covers all five patches, but do not upload the three extra patches on the nexus. It will only confuse people, so I will amend that part of the readme.

We can always stick the pdf in the archive with the patches or just make the readme more for using STEP to direct people to us.

Thanks Will, I think for a compilation process we should maybe do that as part of 2.2.8. It would be better than updating the site to add in a couple changes every time we get permission to add a new mod.