Weapon and Armor Fixes (by kryptopyr)

WilliamImm

Not exactly.

Improved Closefaced Helmets --FULL SET-- V0_9 contains imp_helm.esp, which also has the imperial and guard helmets included.

Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions contains Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp, which contains the main helmets, the Dawnguard and Dragonborn stuff, but does not contain the imperial and guard stuff. The latter are standalone plugins called imp_helm_imp.esp and imp_guard_helm.esp.

So there is the legendary file which cannot overwrite anything, and there are two standalone plugins for stuff not present in the legendary file, BUT which again cannot overwrite anything, because the features are already included in the ICH main file.

MY BRAIN IS FULL OF F*CK!!!

Ok. Here is what I do. I'll go through step by step. I really want you to understand this because I know it's confusing and it took me a while to get it to.

1.) I download and install 'Weapon & Armor Fixes Remade - Complete' as well as the ICH - WAF and CCF Compatibility Versions PATCH

1a.) In the WAF and CFF Compatibility Patch - There are a ton of ESPs. 

2.) I download 'Improved Closefaced Helmets' as well as the 'No Cloth Around Kneck Optional' and the Dragonborn and Dawnguard files.

2a.) I activate the following esps in the various ICH files: imp_helm.esp (main file) | imp_help_dbrn.esp (dragonborn)| imp_helm_dawn.esp (dawnguard) | imp_helm_imp.esp (from the optional no cloth around the neck optional)

3.) I install the ICH: WAF and CFF Patch from step 1 AFTER the main ICH file

3a.) In the patch, I activate the SAME esps as I activated from the ICH file. I do NOT use the legendary.esp. These will overwrite the main ICH esps with the esps from the W&A ICH Patch, see?

I do not use the legendary ESP because I like customization and it's not recognized by BOSS. I also am not near approaching by 250 plugin limit, so I don't really care about having multiple .esps. From what I understand, in the patch, you either activate the SAME esps as I did above, OR you use the Legendary.esp ONLY. I felt it was easier just to overwrite the same ones, that way I knew exactly which esps were being overwritten with the patch.

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me, but Octopuss, does that make sense?

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

We should probably expand the description of installing this mod on the wiki page to make it a little clearer [Done].

Install the 4 ICH mod files mentioned on the wiki page for this mod (the meshes from these mods are needed).

From the Weapon and Armor Fixes mod  install the Improved Closefaced Helmets -- WAF and CCF Compatible Versions (if you didn't so so already) and use only this plugin:

• Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp

Having done this you can hide all 4 plugins (esp)  from the 4 ICH mods in the STEP guide that you installed. The ICH legendary plugin from WAF includes modified versions of the records in the 4 esp plugins in ICH.

If you also want to use the 2 non-STEP ICH additions the SR:LE guide has instructions on how to install these files.

Yes, if you want BOSS to recognize the legendary plugin you'll need to use BUM (details on this are in the SR:LE guide) or just move the plugin manually to the correct place as mentioned in the detailed instructions. Eventually this won't be needed.

EDITED: STEP uses 4 of the ICH files, and the legendary patch covers all 4

Reading the Nexus page, I get the impression that elven and orcish weapon should have different damage, right? And yet, I looted two of those swords, and both are identical. And by identical I mean all 3 stats. 22 damage, 13 weight, and 235 value. That doesn't seem right :O_o: