Weapon and Armor Fixes (by kryptopyr)

WilliamImm

• 1 month later...

WAF was updated and remade on 19 June and the Detailed Installation Guide is no longer valid due the patches no longer being independent or available so that will need to be updated.  I haven't learned how to do all that fancy file compare and looking in esp stuff you smart people do. However, I can read a Read Me and look at a Filetree in MO. The GDO patch is no longer required per the author. The ICF Legendary.esp is now included with WAF Remade download so I'm not sure how to honor the "don't enable until installing ICF" nor can I move it in the Load Order independently (though I'm not sure if that's still even necessary now).

Is this the right place to report this kind of stuff so it can be reviewed and fixed in the guide?

Edited by Makkli

FWIW: my Mod Organizer doesn't show the new WAF overwriting any GDO assets, I believe you (we) should still have GDO followed by WAF in install/load order (although the GDO-WAF patch is no longer needed if the order is correct). Additionally I believe the ICF Legendary esp is no longer needed, although MO doesn't show the Improved Closefaced Helmets meshes being overwritten so those are probably still needed.

WAFs only conflict with GDO is weapon/armor edits in the esp, no mesh or file conflict. If GDO is loaded before WAF then the problem is gone. However, if you also use Immersive Armors (as many do) then it must also be loaded before GDO. What I'm going to do myself I believe is remove the weapon and armor edits from the GDO plugin and thus let WAF have priority regardless of position as they include everything from GDO already. That way I dont have to move a bunch of other mods to remain compatible.

WAFs only conflict with GDO is weapon/armor edits in the esp, no mesh or file conflict. If GDO is loaded before WAF then the problem is gone. However, if you also use Immersive Armors (as many do) then it must also be loaded before GDO. What I'm going to do myself I believe is remove the weapon and armor edits from the GDO plugin and thus let WAF have priority regardless of position as they include everything from GDO already. That way I dont have to move a bunch of other mods to remain compatible.

You should wait for the whole round of updates to WAF, CCF, and CCOR. There are a bunch of keyword changes going on as well and they whole thing will need to be evaluated as one. Probably best to forgo the update until kryp gets through this cycle.

So with Immersive Armors you have to load WAF->IA->GDO?

So with Immersive Armors you have to load WAF->IA->GDO?

If you dont edit any plugins the correct order is:

IA then GDO then WAF

BOSS currently sorts as follows:

WAF then IA then GDO

I do not use LOOT so I can't tell you what it does. If you edit the plugin for GDO to remove the weapon and armor changes the BOSS order is perfectly valid with no issues in functionality.

Oh, BOSS, now I see. You are one of those people.  ::D:

It takes an immense about of time and tedious work to evaluate a big list of mods with LOOT after using BOSS for so long and having all the conflicts based on that order. I did it for both Core and Extended a while back and went a little batty, plus my eyes hurt just thinking about opening TES5Edit ever again. I do not envy you the day you decide to switch.

• 2 weeks later...

The current instructions recommend installing with the True Weapons option for STEP Core. I see this as quite problematic.

That option changes weapon stats and leveled lists significantly. I guess if you are only installing STEP Core and not any mods which add new weapon variants, you might be ok, but if you install any mod which adds variants of the effected weapons (e.g. IW or AMB Content Addon), you would need a patch that adjusts both the stats and any leveled lists. Otherwise you end up with quite unbalanced game.

I do not think that the True Weapons option makes a good foundation in STEP Core to expand upon in other STEP Packs.