Skill Interface (by Tko007)

stoppingby4now

• 1 month later...

There is no need to leave caps lock on.

Supposedly it was deleted by someone that hacked Tko007 Nexus account.

I believe the mod page says if you do not have the archive backed up then ignore it and move on.

No, STEP can not host a download unless Tko007 reuploads it himself and provides a link

If I am wrong somewhere, I am sure someone will correct me if I am...

I don't really see why this is being kept in the guide considering that the Nexus page has been removed, and that there's no indication of another location where it can be downloaded from (not that I'm advocating that without it being something the author has uploaded themself, or authorized by the author).

Seeing as the mod has been missing since July with no indication of it being reuploaded or anything, isn't it about time it was removed?

Edited by Omolong
  • +1 1

I don't really see why this is being kept in the guide considering that the Nexus page has been removed, and that there's no indication of another location where it can be downloaded from (not that I'm advocating that without it being something the author has uploaded themself, or authorized by the author).

Seeing as the mod has been missing since July with no indication of it being reuploaded or anything, isn't it about time it was removed?

It was being kept because one of the staff that had contact with the author stated that the author was planning on reuploading it. That has yet to happen and it seem that it may not.

Any work back from the author? I PM'ed him on the Nexus back in August, and still no response.

It occurs to me now that, since the mod is and has been down for some time now, it is not possible to check the permissions regarding re-distribution or use of the mod. It may be OK if we re-upload with credit to the author.

Can anyone see if the readMe has any distro info? What about info for cases like this in the Nexus TOS?

The permissions on the mod page were strictly not to reupload it if my memory serves me right, because I checked it immediately after it went down using a Google-cached page. Files themselves don't appear to have any mention of permissions. Might have to drop it.

Well, with nothing in existence in writing, I think that we can defer to the Nexus TOS, so if that does not require that we get expressed permission to re-upload, and it bases things on mod permissions and is permissive where nothing is explicitly stated, then I think we can re-upload.

Well, with nothing in existence in writing, I think that we can defer to the Nexus TOS, so if that does not require that we get expressed permission to re-upload, and it bases things on mod permissions and is permissive where nothing is explicitly stated, then I think we can re-upload.

DarkOne has specifically told me that without express permission from the author, it's not allowed; even if the author is MIA and the mod has been dead for some time. This is the very reason I have yet to upload my FOMOD fixed mods to Nexus.

EDIT:

Here's his reply to my uploading of mod fixes:

Unfortunately it is covered under the TOS in the form of: "All files uploaded must have been created by the uploader or used with permission from the original author of the content. Such permission must be indicated in the Readme text attached to the file and/or on the Description page (or in the Description field for images), and must be obtained in advance, before uploading the file. If you cannot provide proof of consent then your file will be removed and your account is likely to be banned." This also means for fixes. While the idea makes total sense, unfortunately quite a few mod authors get bitter about this subject and don't like the idea of their work being touched or reuploaded at all. No questions asked. No ifs, ands or buts. We've worked on this premise for the past 12 years and if we were to change our minds now then it would be a stab in the back to many authors who have used us because of this rule. Frankly it's a real shame some mod authors cannot lighten up and make some exceptions, but this is one of our rules and it isn't going to change any time soon. Robin ScottSite owner

• 2 weeks later...