Skill Interface (by Tko007)

stoppingby4now

Thanks for your insight. Since I don't need the BCFs I first unchecked the box next to BCF.dat, right clicked on BCF-Missing and chose "set data directory" and it didn't get rid of the red warning.

Then I tried the opposite: unchecked the box next to BCR-Missing and its subsidiary file wizard.txt and set BCF.dat as the data directory and still the red script "No game data on top level" was looking at me.

Finally, I tried unchecking all the boxes and set the top line as the data directory. I wasn't surprised that this didn't work either but don't yet know enough about abject futility to not try it.

I'm obviously in a cul-de-sac as a result of a wrong turn but can't see where I went wrong.

EDIT: Perhaps I missed your meaning entirely. Do you mean that since I don't need the BCFs that I shouldn't have downloaded these two files in the first place since I'm using Mod Organizer? Perhaps the only file I need is the first one: Skill Interface Re-Texture which installed immediately?

This. You can delete the BCF files. They are of no use to you. The only file you need is the mod itself that you should have downloaded from Nexus like all the other mods. Installing that file from Nexus will give you the "wizard" that allows you to install the recommended options.

Outstanding. Thank you very much

This. You can delete the BCF files. They are of no use to you. The only file you need is the mod itself that you should have downloaded from Nexus like all the other mods. Installing that file from Nexus will give you the "wizard" that allows you to install the recommended options.

Outstanding.  Kudos for taking the time to help me.

• 3 months later...

It looks like he deleted the entire mod. It's not even hidden. That's weird as hell - I was checking the comments like 2 days ago.

He recently came back and promised brand new reworked version with the optionals merged together. I think the release date was set to something like july 14/18 or so. Let's hope he will just release it as a new mod then.

Ack! Very disappointing. I decided to come back to Skyrim on my glorious new laptop and getting CORE set up with ENB (optimus problem) working took me all ding-dang day yesterday.

So am I doing this right?

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches#Recommendations

1. YES (I own Skyrim + Dawnguard + Hearthfires) go to...

2. NO (I am NOT installing all of STEP CORE because one of the mods is now unavailable) go to

4. YES (I own Dragonborn) go to...

5. YES I own Hearthfires...

so I use the STEP Combined PluginHF?

Actually if skill interface is the only mod you leave out then you can use the core patch. It is not part of the Step core patch. I just didn't read over your post that well. If you install all of extended then you can switch to the extended patch.