General Feedback

That's for the update on the bashed batch, going to try it out with the additions right now.  BTW, in LOOT, PB - Broken Steel and PB - Point Lookout definitely are tagged disable and do not merge and well as schemitics as do not merge.

PB Broken Steel and Point Lookout are part of the combined PB plugin, so they don't get merged into the bashed patch since these plugins aren't used. schematics2.esp is marked no merge; I was apparently lookig at the original version.

For the users who play the vault start (and not using the alternate one) I found one thing that is somewhat immersion breaking after the player exits the vault. In the gas station at springvale there is "cheat chest" with powerful weapons, added by the RH_Ironsights mod (for testing purposes I suppose).

So, for those who don't want/use this, they can easily remove it by deleting the worldspace record in the RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm plugin.

It would be helpful if there was a note/suggestion in the guide.

I don't see this container in the RH_Ironsights.esm from Paradox Ignition. Are you using the 'RH_Ironsights - EVE Bridge.esp" plugin? It does include a test container and the guide previously had instructions to remove it, but if one of the recommended Blackened patches that include RH_Ironsights and EVE is used this container isn't present.

No, I haven't installed the 'RH_Ironsights - EVE Bridge.esp" plugin. As for the Blackened patch I've installed the "Blackened RH + FWE + EVE.esp" one (also using EVE) and the latest version (1.1) of the RH_Ironsights.esm from Paradox Ignition. Open RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm in xEdit and check the Container and Worldspace formIDs. The latter one has a placed object with name aaaPLNewItems "Point Lookout - New Items".

IIRC from the search that I did, there are two such "cheat/test containers" in that spot. One is that to which I am referring and the other is the EVE one you are referring to but I haven't had this in my game.

I have another mod suggestion to make.

With the Megaton Lighting Overhaul there is a glitch with the ground turning dark/black whenever the player moves and looks at different angles. For me this was very noticeable and immersion breaking and fortunately there is an alternative mod here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21363/?. Read the description at its nexus page for more. It also comes in various versions too. I think that it would be nice to be included in the guide as an alternative lighting mod.

Edited by nameerf

• 2 weeks later...

Just because I'm never a hundred percent on this, when it comes to updating a mod mentioned in the Guide (be it DoubleYou's fINIp3 or the UUFO3Patch) when if ever is there a need to be concerned about additional ... tweaks to ensure everything's still set correctly?  For example, are there cases where when you've updated fINIp3 or UUFO3 patch that you would need to redo LOOT or the Bashed Patch, or anything like that?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone!

In STEP guide mentioned that MMM RC62 merged mod already contains following plugins and they should be set optional:

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.espMart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.espMart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp

But, according to Readme from Paradox Ignition MMM merged it is claimed that only following plugins are merged:

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp

So, where is the truth? I've tried to look inside esp's and found no data from Zones respawn inside merged MMM plugin. Maybe users still need three ESPs from top of my post not in 'Optional ESPs'?

Another question. I'm doing Wrye install using this guide and actually all files claimed to be hidden in MO I moved to the separate parts of BAIN packages and not installed them (equivalent to deleting). Is it a problem generally?

Edited by EvilMax

A similar question was asked recently in the Support forum for the guide, so I provided an answer to your question in this thread

Generally the Feedback thread is for questions about the contents of the guide such as mistakes and possible additions or changes while questions about particular mods is best done in the Support forum threads. These are usually shorter, and it is easier to find answers about particular mods by browsing the support threads.