General Feedback

Hey Kelmych, hope you are doing well.

Got a a new gaming laptop and need to get my fix on oldies but goodies.  Is this mod guide going to live on somewhere after the STEP upgrade?  Just trying to gauge if I need to jump on getting this mod built built or not to worry.

Thx

• 3 weeks later...

We have this issue open in LOOT's fallout3 masterlist repository, it's for adding the userlist of Clear & Present Danger to our masterlist. I'd like to work on this, so question is, has someone already used LOOT 0.14.5 with C&PD (and it's Groups feature, which superseeded Priorities)? If yes, I might be interested in that person's userlist aswell.

In any case, some findings regarding the actual guide. The link for DarNified UI doesn't work anymore. And Fallout Character Overhaul - NPC Edits GOTY got removed from Nexus, so this url is entirely dead.

Edited by pStyl3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On Windows 10 LTSC (1809, RS5 on normal Win10 terms), I experienced occasional freezes on indoor areas. I narrowed it down to the problem being uncapped FPS, with vertical sync off (iPresentInterval=0 in Fallout.ini). Enabling Vsync and that capping FPS to 60 (not sure if that will work on higher refresh rates monitors) solves the freezing but that's not optimal as it introduces very noticeable and annoying input lag. The solution that I also use on FNV and FO4, to avoid crazy lockpicking speed, is to cap FPS to 60 with Afterburner and RivaTuner

A question, I remember moving the UI borders (check the quick save tooltip on top left)

https://imgbox.com/jQRqFytT

How did I change that to revert it? I don't remember how I did it :P

The solution for this old post is to revert these settings to default 15 in Fallout.ini:

iSafeZoneX=15
iSafeZoneXWide=15
iSafeZoneY=15
iSafeZoneYWide=15
Edited by Hackerpcs

As mentioned in posts before, the number of plugins that players can successfully use seems to vary. It might even depend on load order. I haven't had a problem with this in my FO3 game(s) but others have reported this issue. Since we don't understand it we don't have any recommendations on how to improve or fix it.

• 1 month later...

3rd time using this guide since way back when...

So, I don't wanna be the ungrateful and disrespectful guy, because Kelmych, you have helped me and probably countless other people, but the guide is in serious need of rewriting/revision to be brief yet comprehensive, it goes on and on when it could/should just tell the reader DO THIS and DO THAT, DONE!

Guess we all resort to guides because megamod setups are a pain, having to read/understand lenghty documentation or threads or watch videos should be avoided unless the user has issues or another aim in mind. Besides, being overwhelmed with information often tends to leave people lost/confused.

During the Darn UI setup:

Installation: To install this mod with MO click [Manual], then [Okay] during the installation or the default installer will skip a very important file.

I wasn't presented to this "okay" and I'm now wondering what this important file was (apparently the file is important and secretive too, or the guide could tell filename and at which folder to place), the installer asked if I wanted to have my .ini edited to include the fonts, I said yes, neither the .ini in document/my games nor the profile at MO2 got edited for fonts, I did include those by hand. Dunno if that was necessary but guess I'll find out soon.

Currently trying to make the merged patch for detect traps, but the explanation box seems to be all out of order, it says Open the Merges tab and right click " Detect Traps Merged" and goto "Plugins" when it hasn't even told me how to create the merge yet.

I hope to get things right and that the guide stops requiring me to be intuitive as I go, or there will be mistakes aplenty ^^

If you ever need some help to make the guide a bit cleaner, I currently have the time, but you would also need some time to revise my changes and to edit as you see fit before placing it (send a PM if you have interest).

But nonetheless, a big thanks!! I(we) would be much worse without such a guide! =)

Edited by Himself

• 6 months later...

Just a heads up that xedit version 4.0.3, all versions can cause dlcs to not render properly after cleaning.  As far as I know this is FO3 specific.  I talked to the guys on the Xedit discord and there is a workaround, but i would recommendt people stick to 4.0.2 for now just for simplicity's sake.

• 10 months later...