General Feedback

Sadly ChuckSteel has removed all his mods from Nexus due to the present mod stealing controversy :(

This mean that:

• Baileys Crossing Metro Opened
  • DCInteriors Project
  • DCInteriors A Room With A View

are currently not available.

If I continue my install, would I have to do something different, now that these are gone (for the moment) ?
Edited by JUNKdeLUXE

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly ChuckSteel has removed all his mods from Nexus due to the present mod stealing controversy :(

This mean that:

• Baileys Crossing Metro Opened
  • DCInteriors Project
  • DCInteriors A Room With A View

are currently not available.

If I continue my install, would I have to do something different, now that these are gone (for the moment) ?

These mods are now back on the Nexus.

Hmm... I'm just starting another install of this, largely to see where @JUNKdeLUXE was having so many issues, and I've just seen this myself. The link is to the file directly but considering Gamefront is now shut down we're going to have to source this file elsewhere. Starting my search now.

EDIT: The alternate link in the guide seems to be the only other source at the moment, just go with that.

Some people have had problems with 20th century weapons, so you might want to leave it out. Perhaps Deadmano can make another patch like his largest patch that includes Impact, but without 20th century weapons.

It will be interesting to see if you have problems in the game similar to those that @JUNKdeLUXE reports. If so it will likely be a Windows 10 problem; I'm not quite sure what to do if it causes problems in the game itself in addition to the installation issues.

Not really a big fan of the DLC Retexture files as they are hosted on Mediafire, I site that I don't rate very highly. I'm curious to know where you first found out about them and whether there might be an alternate site to store them.

So those DLC retextures are hosted on two Russian sites, which link to yandisk or mediafire. They use alot of NMC's textures as a base and so won't ever be allowed on the nexus due to the fact that they were taken without permission. That said, I've had a long discussion with Neil and he's given his blessing to linking to them for the guide as there are no other public DLC retextures. Neil has in fact retextured FO3 DLC but hasn't and most likely won't release them (DO NOT bug him for them). In my opinion then, they could be hosted any site desired for the guide. I can ask MagnesiumFire if you'd like over on their site.

On a separate note I've gone and fixed a couple of broken links.

There currently isn't any advice as to which version of the Enhanced Blood Textures merged plugin to choose. At the moment the instructions simply state:

• Installation: Get the merged plugin version (currently version 1.2) of Enhanced Blood Textures from the Paradox Ignition page. This version has a single merged plugin which merges all the plugins. Install the main file, setting the data directory to the desired option in the 'More Gore FWE" folder. Note that the merged version includes at least some of the optional gore-related plugins; if a little more limited gore is desired the original mod can be used at the cost of more plugins.

Sadly this will cause errors as the folder "More Gore FWE" contains these sub-folders:

More Gore + DLCs + FWE
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + Full Screen Blood Instant Remove
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + Less Screen Blood Time
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + No Screen Blood
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + Reduced Dismember Force
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + Reduced Ragdoll Force
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + Screen Blood Vanilla
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + Smaller Spatters Default
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + Smaller Spatters Realistic
More Gore + DLCs + FWE + Smaller Wounds

Which are variations on the main plugin and provide blood/gore/splatter detail levels as described. There isn't much information as to what the results are like ingame as far as I can see and it would be nice to have a little suggestion here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.  Thanks for this great guide, Kelmych, it's a huge help and seems to be very well done.  I'm sorry if these questions have been answered already but 57 pages is a lot to go through...

I'm finally going to try FO3 and am about midway through the install and was hoping someone could help me out.  First, FWE says it should have a configuration menu but I'm not getting it to show ( pressing and holding enter key ).  I've only gone into the game as far as the birthday party just to see how it looks and to test the load so I'm not sure if that's the problem.  I was debating the VATS options when installing FWE but saw "bullet time" as an option and thought that might be good, especially after watching a couple vids online.  However, I can't figure out how to get the menu to configure it ( and I realize I can't test it yet, just curious about the menu ).  I have played FO3 on the PS3 a few years ago, though I didn't make it too far, and thought VATS slowed the game down to much for my taste so I'd prefer an alternative.  How can I config and is bullet time the way to go or is VATS halftime or realtime a better choice?

Also, I was looking to add an ENB and was wondering which everyone recommends to match the lighting and weather mods recommended by this guide.  I want something dark and gringy so Midhrastic or Lone Wanderer looked good ( or Hope of Eli, though it's FNV so I'm not sure how it would look ), but Midh adds an esp so I wasn't sure if that would work ( I'm open to any other suggestions, those are just a few that showed up in google searches ).  The older version seems like it would be good but it uses a much older version of ENB so I'm not sure what I'd be missing.  I've been doing Skyrim for a while but the ENB series for FO doesn't seem as sophisticated so am I really losing that much if I use version .118 or .161 versus finding an ENB that relies on a more recent version?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

As mentioned in the description of the FWE mod in the guide:

"The FWE mod provides most of the settings menus for FO3. However, as DanielCoffey notes, these menus are not available until after exiting Vault101 or the Alternative Start shack. The menus for repairing limb damage aren't available until then; be careful with limb damage until then."

I personally use the standard VATS, but some users prefer the other options.

The FO3 ENBs aren't as sophisticated as the ones for Skyrim. There have been some ENB recommendations in this forum thread; perhaps those using an ENB could provide some comments.