General Feedback

BatteriesPlus

• Author: Staggeron
  • Version: v1.3
  • Notes: Higher resolution retextures of batteries.
  • Installation: Get the main file and dearchive it using 7zip.

Select the battery model desired for the small energy cell (choose one of files starting with "BatteriesPlus-SmECell-") from the BatteriesPlus folder;

other mods provide a better cell texture for the other two battery types (file types starting with "BatteriesPlus-MFCell-" and "BatteriesPlus-9volt-").

Copy the desired battery fomod files into the MO install directory. Install the fomod files for the selected battery with MO.

I had alot of trouble following this instruction.  I figured out the FOMOD part that it is in fact an archive and I was able to extrac and rebuild it to load into MO.  However, am I suppose to use one of each type;  "BatteriesPlus-SmECell-", "BatteriesPlus-MFCell-" and "BatteriesPlus-9volt-" or am I suppose to only use "BatteriesPlus-SmECell-" and not the other 2 because "other mods provide a better cell texture for the other two battery types"

Other post in the forum seem to say grab one of each but the language here implies otherwise.  I took one of each but please let me know which is correct.

Thx

Edited by mcshame

Neglected Clutter and Other Things - Retex; get the Neglected Clutters main file. Install using the manual option in MO and select only the following to get textures and meshes used in FO3:

textures\clutter\questitems\tenpennyrugs01.dds
textures\clutter\office\folder01.dds
textures\clutter\office\folder01_n.dds
textures\clutter\junk\whetstone.dds
textures\clutter\junk\whetstone_n.dds
textures\clutter\holodisk\passcard01.dds
textures\weapons\1stpersonbottlecapmine.dds
textures\weapons\bottlecapmine.dds

meshes\clutter\office\folder01.nif

The path in the mod is:

textures\weapons\1handminedrop\1stpersonbottlecapmine.dds

textures\weapons\1handminedrop\bottlecapmine.dds

Assumption is to not move the files to the lower directory? I'll fix it in the guide following confirmation. A low risk contribution ;)

Edited by mcshame

Getting close to the end...question on Crowded Cities Redux.

Do I install Crowded Cities v2 then Crowded Cities Redux v1?

Or do I just need Crowded Cities Redux v1.

EDIT: question on version removed, it's the 1.1 redex version number

Edited by mcshame

This mod includes only a plugin. Use only the Crowded Cities Redux v1 mod. The guide was edited to make this clearer.

Firstly, remember I promised you I would post all my questions in the forum and not privately? Hope you don't regret that ;)

Seriously, I really appreciate the support and hope that I'm helping in make the guide a little more for dummies like me!

Actually, you were right about the version, the ZIP file is 1.1.  The part that messed me up was the words "Main", instead of "Optional download" as the redux is in the optional section. That's why I was eyeballing the Main file Crowded Cities V2.

Thanks!

Edited by mcshame

Hi everyone!

I decided to do another playthrough of FO3 and the last days, I've been reinstalling all the mods in the guide.

Since this process takes a lot of time and also I'm kind of a perfectionist, I'd like to take notes for things like "bugs", typos, missing things etc. in the guide, in order to be able to point them out later. However IIRC, the plain user can edit a guide for such trivial things so I decided to do this and save some time for the actual guide authors to deal with more important things like mods, installation instructions etc.

So I made the following edits:

- In ENB series:
        - I added one alternative way to determine the VRAM for the VideoMemorySizeMb field
        - I also added the AutodetectVideoMemorySize field, because in the latest FO3/NV ENB version is there and has a default value of true which must be changed to false in order to set the VRAM manually.
        - I organized the code below a little and also added this link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa243025%28v=vs.60%29.aspx for users who want to change key bindings to other keys if they feel so. I hope that this is OK.

- In the rest of the guide I added the missing installation "note" (Get the main file and install with MO.) in many mods. I know that for most of the mods that have only one main file this is implied but firstly there are multiple mods that have other versions too (older ones, optional files) which may confuse some users and secondly I think it's better having all mods follow a standard format. I also fixed some typos, misplaced code brackets etc. here and there.

And sorry for the multiple submits (I thought I could delete one by undoing..).

Now for some more serious feedback ::P:

- In Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision mod, since the guide now recommends the use of the new "Merge Plugins" mod, the instructions here must be updated. In the description there is a link for the older "Merge Plugins xEdit Script" which as it appears has been removed.

- In Dynamic Weather mod, the author suggests that the lod order of the plugins is as follows (open spoiler) but in the current state of the guide the plugins like rain, sandstorms etc. have a lower priority number from the main Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Main + DLC Merged.esp in MO. Is this OK?

[spoiler=Plugins load order]Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
all other esm's
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
Xepha's Dynamic Weather.esm
other mods/esp's
other Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esp's
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Main + DLC Merged.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Rain.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Night Eye Edition Merged (NEE+OA+Rain).esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Dynamic Sneak Bonus.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Sandstorms + Armor Damage (FOSE).esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Weather Machine ().esp
[merged patch, etc...]

- In Zealotlee Adaptive Combat Rifle Script Bugfix mod, the ZL-ACR plugin has 7 ITM records, do we clean it?

- Ambient Wasteland 2 and Sounds From The Wasteland (aka eerie ambient) mods contain multiple copies of the same file, is that intentional or we can delete the extra copies?

Edit: as it seems from this thread https://forum.step-project.com/topic/6946-sounds-of-the-wasteland-aka-eerie-ambient-ambient-wasteland/ this, the copied files are actually needed, so do not delete.

- GNR Enhanced has both wav and mp3 versions for mono. Can we delete on of the two versions or they are both required?

- In Home brewed sound pack: the "sound\fx\fst\conc_solid\landsneak" must be changed to "sound\fx\fst\conc_solid\sneak", I forgot to edit it.

In the "Game Settings" section, there are no alternative Ghostwise settings in the provided link, just an empty page.

Edit: OK found the correct page which is this https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Ghostwise (must click at User:Ghostwise link at top left) but either way the link must be fixed in the guide.

Finally I have one question (I know this should be in the support thread but.. ::): ):

If I don't want to install the optional 20th Century Weapons, I simply do not install the main mod and the 2 compatibility patches for it, right?

However, when installing "The Wasteland Patch Collection" mod the STEP patch in the end requires it. What is the right course of action here, simply do not install the STEP patch and install the mentioned patches (above) in TWPC when doing this (e.g. Descriptive Icons for Fallout 3) or is there anything else that must be done also?

Next stop is Essarrbee's guide before I dive into FO4 (yeah I can't play a bugged game let alone a vanilla one :;): ).

Thanks

Edited by nameerf

Hi everyone!

I decided to do another playthrough of FO3 and the last days, I've been reinstalling all the mods in the guide.

Since this process takes a lot of time and also I'm kind of a perfectionist, I'd like to take notes for things like "bugs", typos, missing things etc. in the guide, in order to be able to point them out later. However IIRC, the plain user can edit a guide for such trivial things so I decided to do this and save some time for the actual guide authors to deal with more important things like mods, installation instructions etc.

So I made the following edits:

- In ENB series:

- I added one alternative way to determine the VRAM for the VideoMemorySizeMb field

I left the edits but it isn't recommended; the enb tool is preferred since it prevents users from entering incorrect values. The STEP Skyrim guide now shows only the use of the tool to determine memory size.

- I also added the AutodetectVideoMemorySize field, because in the latest FO3/NV ENB version is there and has a default value of true which must be changed to false in order to set the VRAM manually.

- I organized the code below a little and also added this link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa243025%28v=vs.60%29.aspx for users who want to change key bindings to other keys if they feel so. I hope that this is OK.

Thanks

- In the rest of the guide I added the missing installation "note" (Get the main file and install with MO.) in many mods. I know that for most of the mods that have only one main file this is implied but firstly there are multiple mods that have other versions too (older ones, optional files) which may confuse some users and secondly I think it's better having all mods follow a standard format. I also fixed some typos, misplaced code brackets etc. here and there.

And sorry for the multiple submits (I thought I could delete one by undoing..).

Multiple submits are fine; I often do this myself. Thanks for the entries. I also added some more details to the Requirements field on some mods for mods that are needed for their resources vs. providing a master to the plugin

Now for some more serious feedback ::P:

- In Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision mod, since the guide now recommends the use of the new "Merge Plugins" mod, the instructions here must be updated. In the description there is a link for the older "Merge Plugins xEdit Script" which as it appears has been removed.

mcshame's instructions were added to the guide.

- In Dynamic Weather mod, the author suggests that the lod order of the plugins is as follows (open spoiler) but in the current state of the guide the plugins like rain, sandstorms etc. have a lower priority number from the main Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Main + DLC Merged.esp in MO. Is this OK?

[spoiler=Plugins load order]Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

all other esm's

Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm

Xepha's Dynamic Weather.esm

other mods/esp's

other Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esp's

Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Main + DLC Merged.esp

Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Rain.esp

Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Night Eye Edition Merged (NEE+OA+Rain).esp

Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Dynamic Sneak Bonus.esp

Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Sandstorms + Armor Damage (FOSE).esp

Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Weather Machine ().esp

[merged patch, etc...]

If LOOT had found an dependency it would have loaded them in a different order; of course LOOT doesn't catch everything. I will check (or you can in xEdit), and if it looks lile Xepha is right some rules need to be added to the LOOT userlist maintained for the guide.

- In Zealotlee Adaptive Combat Rifle Script Bugfix mod, the ZL-ACR plugin has 7 ITM records, do we clean it?

I expect so. I added a cleaning tag.

- Ambient Wasteland 2 and Sounds From The Wasteland (aka eerie ambient) mods contain multiple copies of the same file, is that intentional or we can delete the extra copies?

You can but of course MO will only provide one to the game engine.

- GNR Enhanced has both wav and mp3 versions for mono. Can we delete on of the two versions or they are both required?

I'm not sure. The Nexus description sounded like it is dependent on the sound hardware used so possibly both are needed.

- In Home brewed sound pack: the "sound\fx\fst\conc_solid\landsneak" must be changed to "sound\fx\fst\conc_solid\sneak", I forgot to edit it.

I fixed this, but it is somewhat moot since this folder is later hidden.

In the "Game Settings" section, there are no alternative Ghostwise settings in the provided link, just an empty page.

Edit: OK found the correct page which is this https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Ghostwise (must click at User:Ghostwise link at top left) but either way the link must be fixed in the guide.

Thanks, the guide was fixed. The new STEP MCM template should be used for noting the recommended menu settings these but it hasn't been added to the guide yet.

Finally I have one question (I know this should be in the support thread but.. ::): ):

If I don't want to install the optional 20th Century Weapons, I simply do not install the main mod and the 2 compatibility patches for it, right?

However, when installing "The Wasteland Patch Collection" mod the STEP patch in the end requires it. What is the right course of action here, simply do not install the STEP patch and install the mentioned patches (above) in TWPC when doing this (e.g. Descriptive Icons for Fallout 3) or is there anything else that must be done also?

It depends on what you want; there aren't any patches that cover all possibilities. There is no obvious best answer. Once Mator adds some revised object protypes to Mator Smash (the current ones are incomplete for a few object types) we can begin using it for creating patches. It will eliminate need for many of the patches that are just compatibility patches (vs. ones that change stats for improved balance) and it is done dynamically vs. being hard coded to a few possibilities.

Next stop is Essarrbee's guide before I dive into FO4 (yeah I can't play a bugged game let alone a vanilla one :;): ).

There has been a lot of activity in the FNV guide lately. I've been using the BABY guide for FO4 by making obvious updates as necessary, but there won't be any really good guides (or updates to BABY) until the new GECK is released for FO4.

Thanks

Thanks for the help

Hi nameerf, I wrote a post with modified instructions for the merge to be used if desired. It used the NV guide format. https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10041-instructions-for-using-merge-plugins-utility/

Added to the guide. Thanks.