General Feedback

An update for the guide... T3TForFWE overwrites the RH_Ironsights settings in Zealotee's MP5 Pack and requires a manual edit to regain this functionality.

MP5ForFWE.esp is the one that overwrites records in ZL-MP5.esp

xx000ea7 MP5A4 SMG - DNAM - Flags1 - remove the Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations

xx000ea9 MP5K SMG - DNAM - Grip Animation - change back to Handgrip1 instead of DEFAULT

xx000eaa MP5SD5 SMG - DNAM - Flags1 - remove the Don't Use 1st Person IS Animations

If these changes are made then we get to keep T3TForFWE's balance changes but retain Zealotree's RH-Ironsights settings.

There are two weapons in 20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn Cut Weapons.esp that need removing from that plugin as they are duplicates of weapons that already exist in 20th Century Weapons. Their stats are slightly different and if you get one of each you can't use them to repair each other.

VEPR-12 Molot Drum

VEPR-12 Molot Mag

In the Cut Weapons ESP they need deleting from the list of weapons, the Repair list, the Condition and Ammo list, the supermutant levelled list and the AutoShotgun levelled list.

This is more an FYI to those who are trying to maintain their own Compatibility Patch rather than a change to the guide.

===

EDIT : It appears that the Cut Weapons mod restores some 20th Century Weapons that were modified, renamed and re-calibred by the 20th Century Weapons -plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp

There are some duplicates such as the VEPR-12 but it looks like the original 20th Century Weapons omitted the originals from levelled lists like the SuperMutantWeapons list so the Cut Weapons does add functionality.

The Cut Weapons mod may need some scrutinising as there are quite a lot of tangled edits between the 20th Century Weapons and the Reborn patch.

Edited by DanielCoffey

Is it just me or the Fallout Food Package Retexture Compilation messes up the 2 ingestibles it is replacing? They loose their effects because of wrye flash. It seems this mod should be loaded before Blackened at least. If so, is this a suggestion for the loot masterlist of the guide?

Edited by icetbr

A number of the ingestibles require a manual patch loading after the bashed patch because there is no bash tag for Effects records. I haven't looked at this particular load order to see which is the proper order. Eventually we will have some automated patching that properly handles this - Mator Smash looks quite promising.

Well, ok. Same thing with Chems and Meds Re-Texture Pack. I haven't done much testing yet, but putting them before my Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty.esp helped. If I find out fur sure I will confirm it here. Of course there is other effects from other plugins that are still lost I think.

I have spotted an oddity in the INI Tweaks section of the Guide on the separate INI Tweaks page.

We are told to make the change in the [RenderedTerminal] section to use Darn_Sui_Generis_Otl_13.fnt for sFontFile_5 but this is a proportional width font. When you do this, the text in the Terminals is squashed up to the left. Is this a leftover form a removed mod called "Higher Resolution In-Game Rendered Terminal Text'' or something?

Apologies  - I meant the terminal hacking mini-game. It appears to be a known issue...

There is a problem with hacking where the words are shown a bit 'screwed up', to remedy that it was suggested to put font 5 back to default.
Sadly font 5 is used in other screens as well, so changing it back to default can create problems with those other screens.
Personally I can live with the 'screwed up' hacking terminal screens as it still works and I don't use hacking that much so I left font 5 alone.

and

Unfortunately, there's a rather large problem with the terminal fonts - the character positions for the unlocking minigame appear to be fixed in the game, meaning that they'd require an extreme amount of playing around to fit in and look half decent, or make the game near-unplayable otherwise.

**EDIT**

After recent issues getting FOSE and ENB working together nicely, as mentioned in another post of mine, the below solution no longer works.  Whether it working before and my FOSE/ENB issues were related I have no idea, but since fixing the FOSE/ENB issue, this no longer does.  So I think it's probably worth leaving this out of the guide until a better solution is or isn't found.

Hi Folks,

Just going through a clean install following the guide and I have found the following worked for me regarding running fINIp3 under Windows 10.

Right click on the fINIp.exe and select 'Properties'.

Click on the Compatibility tab, tick 'Compatibility Mode' and from the drop down menu choose 'Windows 7'.  

Tick 'Run this program as an Administrator' and then click 'Apply' and click 'Ok'.

After doing this and running fINIp, it recreated both INI files and ran the Launcher fine with no errors.  Thought this might be worth a mentioning in the guide.

Regards,

Malek

I have more to add to this Windows 10 issue of running fINIp 3 installer. When following the instructions, following the warning that it will overwrite the .ini files, the windows not compatible error appears AND an error message that fails the installation.  As reported by Malek in the quoted text, the suggestion in the quotes text does not work as well.  But, I believe I have the Windows 10 solution.  These are the instructions prior to performing the installation steps:

For Windows 10 users, go to  %USERPROFILE%\(My )Documents\My games\Fallout3 folder and right click on FalloutLauncher.exe and select properties. Select the compatibility tab and select "run the program as administrator", click apply and ok. 

I did this to the Fallout3.exe as well, but it likely wasn't required for this step.  Selecting compatibility mode "run this program in..." was not required.

I hope this is helpful and perhaps could be included in the pre-installation checklist in lieu of the existing text:

"Several Windows 10 users have reported problems initially starting Fallout 3 GOTY from the Fallout Launcher. DanielCoffey reported "Windows 10 complained that FO3 was not a supported application the first time it was executed (to generate the .inis). The game started just fine however."

Edited by mcshame

Watching Clear and Present Danger while modding. Why? 'Cus it's a great movie and reading the title of this mod made me want to watch it. What a great name for the mod package, the kids today need to watch that movie, a classic (1994)! And no, it's in colour! Sorry, a bit off topic ;)

Edit: reading all the quote in each section put me over the edge to watch it!

Good quote for the Gore Section:

"It's a bad one...I think you better send over the video camera..." - U.S. coast guard

Edited by mcshame
  • +1 1