General Feedback

I have found another broken link in the guide.

Creating a Bashed Patch - "... discussed in more detail in the Load Order section..."

This takes you to a site that Microsoft and Kaspersky flagged as unsafe and appears to be a lapsed domain that has been taken over for phishing purposes.

I have found another broken link in the guide.

Creating a Bashed Patch - "... discussed in more detail in the Load Order section..."

This takes you to a site that Microsoft and Kaspersky flagged as unsafe and appears to be a lapsed domain that has been taken over for phishing purposes.

Fixed that now. Wryemusings.com was the original site setup by the Bash author many years ago, now that all development has moved to GitHub they have also shifted all their documentation to GitHub's excellent docs site.

Another broken link at the end of In Game Settings...

"options generated by Ghostwise that provides a little less challenging option selections is available here." goes to an empty page on the STEP wiki.

===

EDIT : I have a suggestion for an Addendum to the guide to explain that the FWE Configuration and Triage settings will not be accessible until you either exit Vault 101 or the Alternate Start shack.

The reason this is important is that by the time I had finished the Vault 101 section, I had taken significant limb damage, nearly had a crippled head and had found that it was not possible to Heal from the water fountains. I had to rely entirely on the few Stimpaks that were provided in the Vault and they did not heal location damage when applied to the head. I must have looked an alarming sight as I staggered into the daylight!

I would suggest that the best place for this comment would be the "In Game Settings" block.

"FWE and Triage Configuration - please be aware that you will not be able to access the Configuration screens for these mods until you either exit Vault 101 or the Alternate Start shack. You will have to take care to avoid excessive limb damage until you do so."

Edited by DanielCoffey

This alignment fix for RH Ironsights might be a worth-while addition to the guide. It affects four of the pistols (Browning High Power, the M1911, Sig Sauer, and Beretta 92c):

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21794/?

The Blackened RH Ironsights - FWE - EVE mod seems to include a fix for these.

There's also a detailed re-texture for the Armored Vault 101 Suit you get from Moira, but it doesn't affect the other Vault Suits so it might look out of place in comparison:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21887/?

Added to the guide

Mod Overlap - FWE and Brahmin Dairy Products.

There is a slight overlap between FWE and Brahmin Dairy Products in that both mods add Brahmin Cheese.

- The FWE Brahmin Cheese entry is a fairly large meal that restores 20 health and removes 60 rads over time.

- The BDP Brahmin Cheese entry restores 20 health and removes 20 rads.

All the Brahmin Dairy entries in Brahmin Dairy Products are not compliant with the FWE Needs module and would have to be adapted. Rather than culling the mod entirely however, it may be worth just removing the Brahmin Cheese entry from the mod and its levelled lists and updating the remaining milk, smoothie and cheesecake entries to be FWE-compliant. There is a real need for some mod to keep Brahmin Milk in the game to play off all the empty milk bottles lying over the place.

I am happy to create a new ESP for the mod if folks consider it worthwhile.

I am working on it.

So far I have the BDP mod cleaned up, cheese deleted (in favour of FWE), levelled lists checked and BASH tags added to header. I then added proper OBND for all remaining objects, proper eating/drinking noises and modified weights. Then came FWE condition checks for satiation, hunger and thirst as well as "burpiness" of the drinks (yes, FWE checks for gassiness of drinks and segregates them into pure water, other drink and gassy drink). Brahmin milk deposits an Empty Bottle into inventory exactly as other drinks. I have tweaked the rads restored for the drinks given that FWE ups the rads and also makes Brahmin Cheese very good for getting rid of them.

Once I have managed to check a cheesecake and a smoothie, I'll post the ESP for review. We can then discuss how to distribute it.

The original author of BDP is not modding but is still active on the Nexus as a Fallout 4 player so we may be able to persuade him to add the ESP as an Optional file. Failing that, it can be put in a DropBox somewhere.

**EDIT**

After recent issues getting FOSE and ENB working together nicely, as mentioned in another post of mine, the below solution no longer works.  Whether it working before and my FOSE/ENB issues were related I have no idea, but since fixing the FOSE/ENB issue, this no longer does.  So I think it's probably worth leaving this out of the guide until a better solution is or isn't found.

Hi Folks,

Just going through a clean install following the guide and I have found the following worked for me regarding running fINIp3 under Windows 10.

Right click on the fINIp.exe and select 'Properties'.

Click on the Compatibility tab, tick 'Compatibility Mode' and from the drop down menu choose 'Windows 7'.  

Tick 'Run this program as an Administrator' and then click 'Apply' and click 'Ok'.

After doing this and running fINIp, it recreated both INI files and ran the Launcher fine with no errors.  Thought this might be worth a mentioning in the guide.

Regards,

Malek

Edited by MalekBrood

Not sure if the edit to my previous post re: fINIp will be seen so thought I would just mention it here too.  

Please disregard the fINIp guide update regarding the compatibility settings.  Since fixing a possibly unrelated issue this solution no longer works for me, I get the error message regardless of which settings I try and have to start the launcher manually as already mentioned in the guide.

Ok, modding going quite nicely now and I am up to Big Town Overhaul and I would just like a bit of clarification if possible?

Where BTO is listed as Optional because of the noted issues with it, does that apply to the 'Optional - Gang Store' file that is listed in the installation instructions too?  Or is it just for the main mod only?

Thanks in advance.

The entire mod is optional because it has several issues, at least if you are using some other mods in the guide. It's hard finding good "location" mods for FO3 since many of them are old and not as free from issues as the more recent mods tend to be.

With regards to FO3 Pack in the guide, there is a new version out now on it's own FO3 Nexus page.  It has some patches there for some of the other mods in the guide too, namely Better Booze, Fallout Food Retexture Compilation and Precision Clutter.  The link to the page is

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/21946/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout3%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D21946&pUp=1