Skyrim - Enhanced Camera (by LogicDragon)

dstansberry

OK, I was thinking it was like what SRB was saying.  Now that clears things up.

So this is referring to this bug in the bug list:

"Going into ragdoll mode when weapons are out causes you to be launched into the air."

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Hmmm I did some playing yesterday and I think I had this installed. I think I did. Can't remember if I noticed a difference, which is probably a good thing. I think I'll look again. One issue I had yesterday is my horse died with me on it, and I had to reload my previous save as I was still stuck on the horse. Not sure if that was this mod or just a glitch.

I would really like to see this mod recognized by STEP and placed into the guide if it doesn't cause any issues.  I don't like the report of being launched into the air upon death - it would be nice if this could be figured out first and resolved somehow.  Despite the aggravation of it sometimes, I always find it interesting to watch my character naturally fall upon death as the thrill of it all wanes off and I get ready to reload... It would suck to have some weird supernatural rocket man crap happen during that time (or have something like a skeever cause the player to fly back a few meters from getting fatally munched in the ***/buttocks).  lol

BTW - Techangel, are you testing with the Realistic Ragdolls and Force mod with realistic force option installed?  Wouldn't that mod affect what is happening to the player upon death?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• 3 weeks later...

Missed that you were voting for this mod. Just have to say that this mod causes me to fly not 3-5 meters but more like 50-100 meters upon death. It's probably interfering with something else if this doesn't happen to others but it is annoying and I have uninstalled it.

It's a known issue with the mod and isn't an animation built into it. The degree of how much you're tossed back seems to vary from setup to setup. The mod author stated a while back that he'd look into it; however, there hasn't been a solution. I'm hoping one will come eventually. I think once this is installed we'll see more of how it affects the game and it could end up being dropped again. Time will tell. Right now, the only major bug is the one you mentioned. The other known bugs are minor and we have yet to experience them.

For this mod I'd probably lean toward Core. It doesn't mess up anything with it AFAIK. It might have more issues with a heavily modded setup, but Core usually does just fine since it is mostly textures/meshes/sounds/fixes. The best thing about this mod is that it is just a SKSE plugin, so you can plug and play without any saves getting messed up.