Skyrim - Enhanced Camera (by LogicDragon)

dstansberry

I find most if the wobble it creates to be distracting sometimes, mainly because of playing in first-person. When in first-person, you're seeing out of the character's eyes and that isn't how human vision works. Our brains compensate for the wobble in our walking so the we don't recognize it. Putting this wobble into a game that players game in first person doesn't make sense so it catches my eye and is distracting.

Tech - are you referring to the wobble when standing in place, or the one you can enable for walking?  If it's the latter, I actually prefer it on as it's far more mellow than I was expecting.  Vanilla gliding in 1st just feels wrong to me.  If you're referring to the wobble while idling in 1st person, I couldn't agree more.  It's even worse if you've got a blade or bow in hand.

That said, I'll be keeping it solely because of horseback riding.

I'd probably say the same about playing as a werewolf, but haven't actually tried that in my current run-through with Enhanced Cameras in my LO.  I do like seeing my own shadow, too.

+1 with Tech, though I wouldn't get rid of it for two reasons :

1) Werewolf

2) Horseback

Enough said :[emoji14]:

What nomad said about the werewolf. Shouldn't have any wobble or bob there either. Your brain would compensate. I haven't tried a horse yet.

However with the walking wobble disabled (didn't know you could disable it) and rarely using a horse, this mod had little benefit or interest for me, besides the seating animation. So for me and my play-style, it has little use. That is why I said, I wouldn't miss this mod.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to quickly drop the question if anyone has ever experienced something like below while using Skyrim Enhanced Camera...

[Video] body is present during the entire intro scene while the camera is misplaced 

I assume it interfers with some other mod but I don't know which mods could possibly alter the intro scene. And I don't know how to find out. The problem first occured after having finished the STEP installation and beginning with installing REGS. The strange thing: the first things that get installed with REGS are JK's Cities (I'm using the Lite version and Helgen shouldn't be affected at all) and Understone Keep (which should only affect Markarth) so... wtf?!  :O_o:

/edit

Wanna have a good laugh? This is what happened the time before last time I've checked the intro scene. Love his/my hair!  :woot:

2015-12-03_000028gj5r.jpg

The last time thought, everything was fine. So the bug seems to be somewhat random:

2015-12-03_00007gxkgd.jpg

I've also checked the console ID of the fake body. Unfortunately it seems to be vanilla as TES5Edit only refers to MQ101PrisonerRef and Skyrim.esm, the ID is 000654fb...

/edit

I kinda got the solution!

I am using Alternate Start - Live another Life (which probably isn't connected to the bug, just saying). When I start a new game and directly choose the vanilla start from the Mara statue without doing the MCM settings of my mods before, I now always get the creepy head bug. However, when I DO set up my mods using the MCM menu before starting the vanilla ride, the bug is gone. Repeatably. Now I just need to find out which exact setting it is...

Edited by elwaps

• 8 months later...
Just wanted to quickly drop the question if anyone has ever experienced something like below while using Skyrim Enhanced Camera...

Old topic, but I couldn't find any other solutions posted on the internet so I figured I'd share mine:

open SKSE_EnhancedCamera.ini in your Enhanced Camera folder, and activate bForceFirstPersonSitting like so:

bForceFirstPersonSitting=1

You won't be able to see your own body during the scripted sequence, but I'd rather that than seeing a deformed head/torso.

Fear not, your body will reappear once you take control.

Edited by Vlain
  • +1 1

• 5 months later...

Recommend adding a note to this mod on the guide, by default it overrides fNearDistance, I was quite confused why z-fighting was back on my mountains until I opened up SKSE_EnhancedCamera.ini and made the necessary changes.

I just want to second this recommendation. I have been fiddling over z-fighting issues for a few days only to realize that this mod was overriding fNearDistance! It doesn't say that it does this on the mod page, either.

Personally, I would like to see this mod dropped and have said as much on every occasion I'm afforded. It has too many issues with other mods and miscellaneous issues as with the fNearDistance and Z-fighting. I see no reason this mod should even be touching those values, the animated "wobble" and "creature mode" movement is not realistic except for perhaps on horseback, and the player shadow is terrible and inconsistent with the rest of the game. The only thing I kind of like from the mod is the sitting animation, but that is not enough reason to save it from being dropped, imo. All-in-all, I simply don't think it's STEP material.

I would like to call a vote on this from the staff and community. Drop or keep. Post your reasons, please.

I must say I absolutely love the mod. Yes I know it's a forbidden word, but I find it really helps me immerse myself in the world. I've always hated the camera-on-wheels (with hands) feeling of playing these games... and to look down and not see my own chest or feet is extremely weird to me. I also really like the knockdowns, despite the fact that the camera can clip.

That being said - I agree that some of its functionality is not quite at the same level of polish as typical STEP standards... and there is a good argument that it doesn't belong here.

For me, I will always use these mods, in every Beth game they're available for, as I think the issues are fairly minor and the benefits outweigh them.

As a final note I will say that I was having trouble with z-fighting in Oldrim a while back and tried everything I could to reduce it, to no effect at all... something tells me I've found the reason.

Community members keep in mind that they can use this on top of STEP, if they desire. This mod is not integrated into the STEP Patches or anything like that so it being dropped will have no affect on its independent use. I'm only questioning if this mod is right for inclusion in "STEP" based upon our Mandate.

I already dropped it from my own load order bc the terrible PC shadow ruined any potential immersion benefit. Personally, I don't think that it fits with the "...qualitative consistency of all in-game behaviors and assets" (from the STEP Extended description) because of this.