Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

@Gogan,

FNVLOD:

-o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput"    //// no space; and dont forget the quotations (I thought the quotations were supposed to be removed?)

Merge Plugins:

Next to the Arguments test field, type "-profile FalloutNVProfile", without quotations (What does this do exactly?)

1.)

[...] type " -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput" ", without quotations. [...]

That's a little bit missleading written in the guide. Only the quotations on the outside should be removed.

This is the correct Arguments-field:     -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput"

2.)

Please use     -profile FNV    for the Merge Plugins Arguments Field.

The one in Monos F&L fork is false.

This just saves you the "Select your game / profile" of the Merge Plugin tool.

You can start it right up and select your plugins.

Regarding the 4GB patch, in the guide it does not mention when to run it. I have went into MO and added it as a executable already. (The guide makes it seem like it should be in MO automatically after being installed) I have not yet started FNV for a in-game test run, when should I do so? To run the game do I use the 4GB loader through MO first? Do i always need to boot the game with the 4GB loader?

Lastly, I have got down to the Merging Fixes section and it says:

To reduce the number of plugins the Merge Plugins Standalone is very useful. It can merge a number of mods, even some extremely complex mods. Since the goal of the fixes are all related, it is a good idea to merge them into one plugin.

1. Open Merge Plugins Standalone through MO and click [OK].
  2. Hold ctrl and click every plugin listed below:
    20px-Info-Logo.png      Notice:If the plugins are contiguous hold shift and click the first then the last.
    • Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix.esp
    • Reload Speed Game Start Fix.esp.esp
    • Game Tweaks.esp
  3. Right click one of the highlighted plugins and goto "Add to merge", then select "<New Merge>". I cannot do this without selecting the FalloutNV.esm in the plugin selection screen to get the screen where i can merge, do I need to select the FalloutNV.esm to continue but when doing the merger for the 3 files above i leave the FalloutNV.esm un-selected right?
Edited by D1Z4STR

Regarding the 4GB patch, in the guide it does not mention when to run it. I have went into MO and added it as a executable already. (The guide makes it seem like it should be in MO automatically after being installed) I have not yet started FNV for a in-game test run, when should I do so? To run the game do I use the 4GB loader through MO first? Do i always need to boot the game with the 4GB loader?

The 4GB loader method in Mono's fork is obselete and this part of the guide hasn't been updated yet. You can see, that the original guide now uses the new 4GB Patcher by Roy.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552/?

Use this one. It's so much easier than the old methond. Just put it in your New Vegas main directory (where your original FNV.exe rests), run the FalloutNVpatch.exe, a CMD window will open and gives you some feedback.

Now your FNV.exe is patched. No need for using any other loader. It automatically loads NVSE.

No need for renaming .exe-files or any other shenanigans.

I cannot do this without selecting the FalloutNV.esm in the plugin selection screen to get the screen where i can merge, do I need to select the FalloutNV.esm to continue but when doing the merger for the 3 files above i leave the FalloutNV.esm un-selected right?

If I unterstand you correct, I think you interpreted the guide a little bit wrong.

- Select "Merge Plugins Standalone" in your MO-Tools List

- Click [Run]

- The "Plugin Selection" window pops up. Here you don't have to select / deselect anything. These are just all your current plugins. Just click on [OK]

- Now the main window of "Merge Plugins" opens up.

- And right here you'll select your plugins, you want to merge. Holding shift or ctrl, like F&L guide says.

@Gogan,

I cannot do this without selecting the FalloutNV.esm in the plugin selection screen to get the screen where i can merge, do I need to select the FalloutNV.esm to continue but when doing the merger for the 3 files above i leave the FalloutNV.esm un-selected right?

If I unterstand you correct, I think you interpreted the guide a little bit wrong.

- Select "Merge Plugins Standalone" in your MO-Tools List

- Click [Run]

- The "Plugin Selection" window pops up. Here you don't have to select / deselect anything. These are just all your current plugins. Just click on [OK]

- Now the main window of "Merge Plugins" opens up.

- And right here you'll select your plugins, you want to merge. Holding shift or ctrl, like F&L guide says.

I am just now attempting to do this when I select nothing from the main screen and hit ok no plugins show up on the next screen. You said to select your plugins i want to merge. How can i do that?

Edit - I am just going to select the 3 esp's and the FalloutNV.esm on the main screen. On the next screen i will only select the 3 tweaks and not FalloutNV.esm (it is blacklisted). Seemed to work no problem.

Lastly, step 9 of merging fixes. Untick all the mods that were merged from the list above. (does that mean i can delete those 3 from my left panel of MO? If I made a merged .esp that will be used why would I need to keep the old 3 if there going to be unchecked anyway? Thanks.

Edited by D1Z4STR

Merging Fixes Step 10.

Bash tags need to be added for the plugin. It is a good idea to do it now by starting FNVEdit and following these instructions:

1. From the list of plugins double click "Tweaks and Fixes.esp"   (Do i deselect FalloutNV.esm?) when I ran FNVEdit it was selected by default along with Tweaks and Fixes.esp. Selecting or de-selecting FalloutNV.esm doesnt matter on the next screen it still shows up either way. I just want to make sure on what to select before i apply the script.

Finally done with the fixes section of the guide and finished with BethINI. I want to test run in-game for the first time. In MO do I launch with NVSE or New Vegas or New Vegas Launcher? (note I have already applied the 4GB patch) Thanks.

New Vegas

NVSE will be loaded, if you applied the new 4GB patcher.

Is this the correct topic for guide suggestions? I would like to point out that Nexus now hosts a Merged Version of FNV Uncut: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61121

I think that might be listed in the next update of F&LNV for those that prefer not to create a Merged plugin themselves.

Also, has anyone tested FNV Uncut 8? I was looking for a mod that replaces the vanilla low-res, low-quality intro and was wondering if this mod has conflicts with anything in the F&LNV.

Lastly, any thoughts on Sortomatic Faction Safehouses? Sortomatic is already on the guide's list, but this mod strangely enough isn't. Are there any bugs/conflicts caused by it?

link: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41238/

All right! I've been through the UI section and everithing works well together (for now)! Thanks, EssArrBee, for the fantastic guide!

I found no comments on Sortomatic Safehouses, so I decided to give it a shot. I could not gather info on weather it is compatible with latest version of Sortomatic, but I guess I'll figure it out once I get a safehouse. Didn't like the total number of plugins it creates, though (7 in total). No info on Nexus either.

I only hope I can delete if it doesn't work correctly. Any ideas on that?

I will also go for the FNV Uncut but only after I get to the weather mods. Thus I can uninstall it if it causes trouble. I will provide feedback on Uncut 8/RWLE compatibility.

Edited by Majorman