Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Sorry but CPU's are deterministic meaning that the result is always the same if starting conditions match, this rule applies to xEdit and it's scripts too. If you get different results, this means that the plugin itself or load order has changed.

What he means is that the result is inconsistent, which is probably down to something along the lines of what Grant has suggested with plugins being in a different order (though I would suspect this is the order used when merging as you don't need to load up several mods for tagging).

Sorry for stuff being a bit quiet from my end. I went on a trip to London and forgot how many paywalls they have on "free" WIFI over there.  ::P:

I would say shred them both. I strongly dislike Xpadder. Mainly because the author implies it's freeware and doesn't tell you that you need to pay for it until you already gave him your email address. Use a freeware alternative such as AntiMicro

Thanks Audley. Umm silly question. How do you install AntiMicro? There's no executable and googling it just turned up user instructions. Also, can you assign a different function when you hold a key? Hoping to get this sorted so I can start playing :) With the default controller settings there is no 3rd person view. Many thanks.

@SRB. BTW the xpadder F&L profile link is broken. Cheers

Thanks Audley. Umm silly question. How do you install AntiMicro? There's no executable and googling it just turned up user instructions. Also, can you assign a different function when you hold a key? Hoping to get this sorted so I can start playing :) With the default controller settings there is no 3rd person view. Many thanks.

@SRB. BTW the xpadder F&L profile link is broken. Cheers

At the top of the GitHub page there ar eseries of links, choose the "Releases" one and then select the Windows specific version for your system. A download will occur where you will need to extract it and follow any instructions it contains.

Be sure NOT to follow the link in their readme as it goes to a broken page. The previous owner of the repo worked only on Linux boxes and the current owner has expanded to ALL systems.

PS. I do not use this tool, just following my GitHub instincts.

Thanks Grant. However I'm still drawing a bit of a blank. I downloaded the entire file and in the windows sub-folder there is a file AntiMicro_64.wxs. Problem is my computer can't recognise a .wxs file extension. https://imgur.com/lb9cU9y

I'm wondering if this should be dropped into the xbox 360 controller folder, wherever that may be hiding in my computer? Trouble is I can't find any instructions anywhere. My Google Fu is waning. What surprises me is that normally this sort of information - Games, controllers, PC's should have a plethora of instructions on the net. Perhaps Audley and I are the only ones using controller!

Why isn't there an executable in the main folder in the download? I'm clearly missing something. :)

Thanks Grant. You are a champion! Shame I couldn't convince you to travel to Sydney to do my F&L installation. Although there is only so much beer we could drink before the install would have exploded into a fiery mess!

@darkside. I'll be happy to share my results. I think SRB's controller layout is ideal and closely mimics Skyrim. I just hope I can set up AntiMicro the same way. I'll let you know. Cheers.

Edit* Found this link which will be helpful in setting up AntiMicro. It can recognise when keys are held, walk zones can be set on the joystick and profiles saved and shared. Plus it's free and open source. It's looking like a winner! Thanks Audley for the recommend.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=575872286

Edited by Teabag86
  • +1 1

I would check out stuff, but whenever I go back to FNV I feel obliged to continue my work on my weapons pack and a lot of the weapons in C&S pack are in need of some serious nerfing (they seem to do the same thing Millenia does a lot, which is balance automatic weapons with semi-auto damage rates, so they end up incredibly overpowered in terms of dps).  :confused:

Could anyone clarify where can I find these in xEdit?

1. After xEdit loads, click record 00134094, then drag line BMDT - Biped Data from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column, to the right, Cut Content Merged.esp column.
  2. Now do the same for line DATA - Data and DNAM -.
  3. Now expand Dialog Topic->0010E028.
  4. Click record 001205A6, and then drag line Responses->Response->NAM1 - Response Text from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column to the Cut Content Merged.esp column.
  5. Repeat the exact same operation for record 001547A4.

Specifically, record 00134094 and the dialog topic. I can't seem to find them.

Could anyone clarify where can I find these in xEdit?

1. After xEdit loads, click record 00134094, then drag line BMDT - Biped Data from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column, to the right, Cut Content Merged.esp column.
  2. Now do the same for line DATA - Data and DNAM -.
  3. Now expand Dialog Topic->0010E028.
  4. Click record 001205A6, and then drag line Responses->Response->NAM1 - Response Text from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column to the Cut Content Merged.esp column.
  5. Repeat the exact same operation for record 001547A4.

Specifically, record 00134094 and the dialog topic. I can't seem to find them.

My Cut Content Merged.esp has been subject to some extra tweaking, so ignore the things I've crossed out, but this should hopefully cover what you're asking for:

5kiSWTp.jpg9e7eaXW.jpg

• +1 1