Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Before you make you Bashed Patch you can activate every single plugin. Then the Bashed Patch will deactivate some, and afterwards you will need to tick the two plugins that are tagged with nomerge, they should have a dot in their check-box in Wrye Flash (before you've ticked them). The NPCs looking bald thing is probably because their hats are ticked as occupying the "hair" slot (just like gloves occupy the "gloves" slot) so that hair won't be clipping through the hats if people have large hairstyles.

Mmmm... I apreciate your support but this is to much for me to  understand. If I tick all the plugins I get like 191 in the the right panel. And after that, Bashed Patch deactivates some, BUT  I get the over 140 plugins fail.

What I did was to untick in the left panel the mods that were merged accoring to  s.t.e.p. instructions ( I noticed in s.t.e.p. there were some merged plugins where it didnt say to untick, and I din't). So after this I got around 135 plugins in the right panel and the game worked flawlessly with the Bashed Patch generated from those plugins. The only thing that's dubious it's that I have some nasty clipping hair/ head at almost all NPCs(and the pre-mentioned hair baldness). Should I suspect the FCO? Maybe I should try the Redesigned.

Edited by salaboy

Finally starting my F&L install. Just a few points that tripped me up a little bit so far during the install.

Merge Plugins Standalone. The MO executables instructions are to add "-profile FalloutNVProfile" to the arguments, however it doesn't mention making this the profile name when installing Merge Plugins. So when MP is run through MO it throws out a bunch of errors and won't work.

After we create the "Fear and Loathing" profile we aren't instructed to switch over to this profile. If left on the default profile then Fallout - Invalidation.bsa file cannot be found and the INI changes would be made in the default profile.

Apologies if I am being a little thick and just missed something in the instructions. I'm very much looking forward to completing the install.

Finally starting my F&L install. Just a few points that tripped me up a little bit so far during the install.

Merge Plugins Standalone. The MO executables instructions are to add "-profile FalloutNVProfile" to the arguments, however it doesn't mention making this the profile name when installing Merge Plugins. So when MP is run through MO it throws out a bunch of errors and won't work.

After we create the "Fear and Loathing" profile we aren't instructed to switch over to this profile. If left on the default profile then Fallout - Invalidation.bsa file cannot be found and the INI changes would be made in the default profile.

Apologies if I am being a little thick and just missed something in the instructions. I'm very much looking forward to completing the install.

Welcome Teabag,

From my understanding - 

After you install Merge Plugins Standalone - You should run it once without Augments.

Merge Plugins Standalone

• Author: matortheeternal
  • Version: v2.1.3
  • Installation: Download the main file. Extract the contents to a folder, i.e. C:\Games\Utilities\Merge Plugins. Start Merge Plugins Standalone from its folder to make sure that the game profiles are identified. If not, then point Merge Plugins to the game's location.

This will create FalloutNVProfile within Merge Plugins Standalone (NOT MO profile). You can add -profile FalloutNVProfile at a later step. It should work fine. Merge Plugins Standalone will use FNV profile by default, not Skyrim.

---------------------------------

Indeed, there is no specific instruction to switch MO profile to newly created "Fear and Loathing" profile . Mono can add this.

Edited by darkside

Thanks darkside for your welcome. I'm pleased to finally join the F&L Club!

I notice Willow has just updated to v1.10. I've installed the latest version but am curious if the PN Rebalance Patch is still functional? I'll have a look inside but being a newbie I'm unsure of the finer detail. Thanks

Edit* Ok, the PN Rebalance Patch only changes ingestible data. All good. Thanks.

Edited by Teabag86
  • +1 1

FYI Runing the bashed tag script for Machienzo Merged Mods.esp it added {{BASH:Actors.Stats,Invent,NpcFaces,Scripts}} as opposed to F&L description of Graphics, Invent, NpcFaces and Scripts. :)

That script is inconsistent sometimes. I got the same result as you.

That script is inconsistent sometimes. I got the same result as you.

Sorry but CPU's are deterministic meaning that the result is always the same if starting conditions match, this rule applies to xEdit and it's scripts too. If you get different results, this means that the plugin itself or load order has changed.

A big shoutout to EssArrBee and the rest of the team for putting together F&L. The instructions were top notch and the install was dead easy. Overall this has saved me a tonne of time. Perhaps I'm not an atypical modder, however when I first modded Skyrim I put at least 20 hours into research before I downloaded my first mod. Then the trial and error of finding and testing mods and sorting out compatibility. Don't get me wrong I actually enjoyed this and like most would spend as much time modding as playing. However I didn't want to go through that process with FNV. So to me F&L is wonderful. All the mods vetted, compatibility sorted, lots of hidden gems included plus detailed instructions on getting everything installed and working with a minimum of fuss. Thank you all very much. I'm off to explore the wasteland! Cheers :) 

• +1 2

Sorry but CPU's are deterministic meaning that the result is always the same if starting conditions match, this rule applies to xEdit and it's scripts too. If you get different results, this means that the plugin itself or load order has changed.

Thanks zilav. What I meant was the result we got now and when the guide was created are different. Somethings must have changed. 

Thanks zilav. What I meant was the result we got now and when the guide was created are different. Somethings must have changed. 

Perhaps this is down to LOOT providing different, yet working, plugin orders that when run through the script provide different results. I too had different initial results to SRB.

Quick question regarding xpadder 5.3. I couldn't find the file to download on the provided sourceforge link. I downloaded a copy from freeware files which is only 435k. I downloaded another from Techspot at 38.5MB. I'm assuming 1 is a virus. How big should the file be? Alternatively if someone could please provide a safe link it would be much appreciated. Many thanks.