Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

So this may not be the place for this question but ... seemed silly to start a whole thread for it.

Is there no conflict resolution .esp necessary for this pack, like there is in SRLE? I see some parts of the guide marked as optional but not others, so I was curious.

So this may not be the place for this question but ... seemed silly to start a whole thread for it.

Is there no conflict resolution .esp necessary for this pack, like there is in SRLE? I see some parts of the guide marked as optional but not others, so I was curious.

F&LNV uses bash tag script and Wrye Flash to create bash patch. The bash patch is the only conflict resolution esp needed in this guide. Optional is well, optional.  

Hey, here's some minor tweaks that I think should be made to the guide:

For the NCR Trooper Overhaul, it tells you to clean "NCR Trooper Overhaul_beta" even though you're not using that plugin. You'll want to move the "Contains dirty edits" notification below "NCR Trooper Overhaul - Distributed."

For Wasteland Flora Overhaul, you should let users of the Dead version know that they'll need to install "Update for the latest Dead version."

For Fallout Character Overhaul, tell users to rename "FCO - Sweat" to "FCO - Sweat.esp" since FCO installs the wrong file.

For Holster - new mesh for Heavensturkey, "Holster.esp" needs to be cleaned since it has ITMs that conflict with YUP.

Pip-Boy Light Colors overwrites Roberts Pipboy Fix if you choose anything other than Vanilla for color.

Feel free to add them.

@Noobsayer, darkside: There is a minor need for one, but it requires some scripts to be rewritten. I have done that for myself, but my mod list isn't exactly the same as F&L's recommended one, hence I can't just share my plugin.

Feel free to add them.

@Noobsayer, darkside: There is a minor need for one, but it requires some scripts to be rewritten. I have done that for myself, but my mod list isn't exactly the same as F&L's recommended one, hence I can't just share my plugin.

I see.

F&LNV uses bash tag script and Wrye Flash to create bash patch. The bash patch is the only conflict resolution esp needed in this guide. Optional is well, optional.  

Thanks a bunch.

Feel free to add them.

@Noobsayer, darkside: There is a minor need for one, but it requires some scripts to be rewritten. I have done that for myself, but my mod list isn't exactly the same as F&L's recommended one, hence I can't just share my plugin.

Well, I was mostly aiming to avoid the new quests/lands etc. and stick to just Project Nevada for gameplay overhaul stuff. I've never played New Vegas so I figure I can stick to the vanilla quests etc. for now, else prolli end up like Skyrim where I've still never finished the main vanilla questline despite sinking hundreds of hours into the game, lol.

Would you be willing to share at least what mods have script conflicts so I know what I'm looking at? :)

I think I actually managed to create a version that should work fine with the guide. Let me know if I am mistaken: Link.

Thanks mate. Should we load this before or after bash patch? Should this be in the guide as well?

Edited by darkside

• 3 weeks later...