Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

So im getting errors when trying to buy from the Vendortron Five Billion outside the Gun Runners where all the weapons and weapon mods it sells are have an error as shown in the screenshot. When I equip the guns I get a red error mark. Is there any way to fix this or trouble shoot why it is happening?

https://i.imgur.com/DqpAKSn.jpg

Yooo, that happened to me yesterday. Its probably your merged files that you made during the guide. My problem was that I didn't copy over any of the general assets during the merging process. Make sure, when you are going through the merging process, that you have the "copy general assets" ticked. You basically have all the mods merged into that file but didn't copy over any of the texture and sound files, etc.

That's what worked for me at least and I was getting the same thing in my game.

Yooo, that happened to me yesterday. Its probably your merged files that you made during the guide. My problem was that I didn't copy over any of the general assets during the merging process. Make sure, when you are going through the merging process, that you have the "copy general assets" ticked. You basically have all the mods merged into that file but didn't copy over any of the texture and sound files, etc.

That's what worked for me at least and I was getting the same thing in my game.

Thanks dude, your advice helped me fix it!

On another note does anyone know if there are any other quest mods compatible with F&L?

Any other reccomended mods that arent in the guide but work with F&L?

Is there a reason JSawyer and Vicious Wastes were not included in F&L?

Great community and guide btw!

Sorry, this is from the previous page but I just wanted  to make sure someone saw it-

Hopefully this will be my last question since I feel like what I am asking is common sense to most people butttt since my merged files did not copy over any of the assets, can I simply go into MO's left pane, delete all the merged files I made during the guide, re-enable the mods that will be merged, boot up FNVEdit and create a merged file all over again. Once that is created, just place it back in the place where the old merged file use to be. Would that affect my game save at all?

The reason I am asking is last night I discovered I hadn't ticked 'copy general assets' in the mod script 1.9 first-time tutorial so I literally had the mods merged but they didn't include textures, sounds or anything. I was literally shooting an invisible, completely silent, beretta yesterday and just clicking and creating bullet holes in the wall, lol. Once I remade the merged file, while I didn't do the no cheat clean up, all the guns appeared (for Millena's extra weapons) in Doc Mitchell's house.

I guess bottom line is If I still have the mods in my left pane of MO, can I uninstall and remove merged mods, without disrupting my game at all? Also, I am guessing if this is done, I would need to create a brand new bashed file too?

Thanks all, I really appreciate the patience you have with me haha.

Thanks dude, your advice helped me fix it!

On another note does anyone know if there are any other quest mods compatible with F&L?

Any other reccomended mods that arent in the guide but work with F&L?

Is there a reason JSawyer and Vicious Wastes were not included in F&L?

Great community and guide btw!

Probably due to plugin count.

I'm planning on making a guide based on F&L using Gun Behavior Mod Merge /JSawyer/Vicious Wastes since the latter mod patches and makes Project Nevada and Jsawyer play nice together, as well as Cirosan's Follower Tweaks module and some others like Spice of Life.  I love the high adrenaline combat this combo offers.

However, it would require leaving out a number of mods in the F&L guide currently due to plugin limit.  I'm currently at 139 plugins including FNVLODGEN, which I am planning on keeping it at since I hate running at or over the 140 plugin limit. It would also require having to create a FNVEdit conflict resolution patch in order to have everything work as intended (Vicious Wastes' consumable changes, JSawyer's weapon and NPC karma tweaks, etc.)

• +1 1

Probably due to plugin count.

I'm planning on making a guide based on F&L using Gun Behavior Mod Merge /JSawyer/Vicious Wastes since the latter mod patches and makes Project Nevada and Jsawyer play nice together, as well as Cirosan's Follower Tweaks module and some others like Spice of Life.  I love the high adrenaline combat this combo offers.

However, it would require leaving out a number of mods in the F&L guide currently due to plugin limit.  I'm currently at 139 plugins including FNVLODGEN, which I am planning on keeping it at since I hate running at or over the 140 plugin limit. It would also require having to create a FNVEdit conflict resolution patch in order to have everything work as intended (Vicious Wastes' consumable changes, JSawyer's weapon and NPC karma tweaks, etc.)

With those combat changes, I would remove Beyond Boulder Dome and DEIMOS since those are fairly combat intensive. Even with a load of RadAway, Doctors Bags and (Super) Stimpak, while on level 28, I had a very hard time against the Death Squad members.

Having all the tags in LOOT is only going to help if WB can actually read them. 

I didn't know that WB didn't automatically use the ones listed in LOOT.  I always assumed that it did, since I don't think this topic was ever mentioned in the STEP guide or F&L.  Told you I didn't really know how bash tags worked all that well... :)

Quick question, when i'm doing the optimized textures for the vanilla textures, where do I drag them in the left pane after I activate them?

https://i.imgur.com/AWSsFOI.png

And what about the mod optimized textures? I feel the guide is kinda not easy to understand when it just says "Install each archive as if it was the original mod and make sure it is located in the correct order in the left pane of MO." Does this mean they go after  the original mods wherever they are located in the left pane? I'm a realy idiot at this stuff and when stuff isnt writeen out really obvious I get really confused and scared to do a miss-step.

Sorry, this is from the previous page but I just wanted  to make sure someone saw it-

Hopefully this will be my last question since I feel like what I am asking is common sense to most people butttt since my merged files did not copy over any of the assets, can I simply go into MO's left pane, delete all the merged files I made during the guide, re-enable the mods that will be merged, boot up FNVEdit and create a merged file all over again. Once that is created, just place it back in the place where the old merged file use to be. Would that affect my game save at all?

The reason I am asking is last night I discovered I hadn't ticked 'copy general assets' in the mod script 1.9 first-time tutorial so I literally had the mods merged but they didn't include textures, sounds or anything. I was literally shooting an invisible, completely silent, beretta yesterday and just clicking and creating bullet holes in the wall, lol. Once I remade the merged file, while I didn't do the no cheat clean up, all the guns appeared (for Millena's extra weapons) in Doc Mitchell's house.

I guess bottom line is If I still have the mods in my left pane of MO, can I uninstall and remove merged mods, without disrupting my game at all? Also, I am guessing if this is done, I would need to create a brand new bashed file too?

Thanks all, I really appreciate the patience you have with me haha.

The basic answer is yes, you can redo the merge without it having any major effect on the game. It is possible that you may lose weapons from your inventory and storage through doing it, but ultimately it will not break your game. As for a new bashed patch, it is always recommended to re-create your bashed patch when you make any changes to mods at all, just to ensure that everything runs smoothly.

I know this might seem redundant to some more experienced modders, but would it be possible to see a screenshot of the entire left pane after the STEP guide is complete? I'm scared I might have missed something and it would be quicker to troubleshoot with a correct MO list than going through the whole list again. (it might also help future users of the guide to know what their MO should look like at the very end in case they missed something.)

EDIT: on second thought, that was a terrible idea. Would be such a pain I imagine to make a complete screenshot of each time a mod was added or removed.

Edited by carlothan