Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Hello!

Trying to follow the steps for F&L and just installed ILO. When I merge the different ILO plug-ins (this section):

"blah, blah, blah, blah...... BLAH!" (lol - just playing - qohansoloqo)

I also end up with a BSA file with some meshes and textures in my Overwrite folder. I assume since the S.T.E.P. instructions don't mention it, that I don't need it. But the version I installed was 6.9 instead of 6.8.1, which is the version number F&L references. And reading the change log certainly makes it seem like the author added some textures/meshes in this most recent update.

My questions are: do I need the BSA file? If so, can I just drag and drop it from Overwrite into ILO? Or how should I install those? Or should I uninstall 6.9 and use 6.8.1 instead?

Finally, if I'm going to try to use TTW and planning on using chucksteel's TTW Interiors mod, should I install the ILO NV Interiors plug-in? Checking the box using the installer gave me an error, I assume because it doesn't recognize NV Interiors as being installed as part of TTW Interiors.

The guide hasn't been fully updated recently to the newest versions of all the mods in it, so you're going to want to be careful with your installation of any of the mods with version higher than what's in the guide.

Is there a reason that there are so few quest mods in the guide? Is it due to lack of space on the plugin limit?

I wouldn't say that there are few quest mods... The mods that are in the guide are substantial mods of really high quality and well made (for example I think they are all voice acted). But yes, the plugin limit would definitely not help with trying to add more quest mods.

The other contributing factor is that not all the quest mods would necessarily play nice with other mods in the guide. The ones that are in F&L have had patches made to specifically make them compatible for other mods such as ILO

So... sorry for the 21 questions and all, but I have come across my first issue. I suspect its due to the amount of mods installed on the game. So I can boot up the game via MO and it goes through all the loading screens like Obsidians, please wait, etc. At the title screen where you can either click continue, new, load, etc. I get nothing...Its just the picture of the guy with the gun and the music plays. it doesn't seem to end. Is the game just loading everything or is something wrong? I am at the 'Poosh' bit of the mod guide, if that helps. I'd appreciate any and all help!

Thanks

My specs:

i7-4770k (stock)

gtx MSI 780ti (stock)

z97 MSI mobo

8GB Ram

So I finished the guide (for some reason) and its still continuing to do this. I switched back to an earlier 'working' copy that i made of the game and it did the same thing but it said it was missing a master? Also, i don't know if this matters but my invalidation.bsa is greyed out and i can't move it. Its supposed to go up at the top of the top bsaes right?

Edited by TomtinBreeX

The laser pistol texture seems to be missing.
There also some other bugs...
In the game start you starts stand up, not something that is really a problem but is a little anoying.

When you run you keep making weird moviments.

Every time that someone logs on steam all the textures break until that notification window go away.

Hum... seems just it for now, but my main probem it's the laser pistol, when i equip it it's just appaer a red block with a exclamation, what can i do? My char uses energy weapons.

The guide hasn't been fully updated recently to the newest versions of all the mods in it, so you're going to want to be careful with your installation of any of the mods with version higher than what's in the guide.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I wanted to ask. I guess I'll play it safe and uninstall 6.9, and instead install the 6.8.1 version, but will keep an eye on the guide to see if that piece gets updated.

So I followed the guide and did the MCM settings that were reccomended, but my guns and armor take a really long time to break down.-It can't be the intended durability. Is there perhaps a mod or a setting I messed up on that would affect this? I feel as the game is too easy without having to worry about maintenance or guns and armor. 

Also I followed the guide for the Weapons of the New Millenia mod but the texture arent loading and I get the red markers. If I have completed the STEP guide and go back and reinstall Weapons of the New Millenia and then make a new bashed patch and then loot, will my game/load order/or save suffer?

Hello!

Trying to follow the steps for F&L and just installed ILO. When I merge the different ILO plug-ins (this section):

I also end up with a BSA file with some meshes and textures in my Overwrite folder. I assume since the S.T.E.P. instructions don't mention it, that I don't need it. But the version I installed was 6.9 instead of 6.8.1, which is the version number F&L references. And reading the change log certainly makes it seem like the author added some textures/meshes in this most recent update.

My questions are: do I need the BSA file? If so, can I just drag and drop it from Overwrite into ILO? Or how should I install those? Or should I uninstall 6.9 and use 6.8.1 instead?

Finally, if I'm going to try to use TTW and planning on using chucksteel's TTW Interiors mod, should I install the ILO NV Interiors plug-in? Checking the box using the installer gave me an error, I assume because it doesn't recognize NV Interiors as being installed as part of TTW Interiors.

The answer to your question is no, ILO NV Interiors is only for NVINteriors.  ILO - TTWInteriors will have its own release next month.

That said, you really can't do TTW with the guide. It is currently out of the scope of whats its trying to do.   Among mods that need completely different versions or pathes: YUP, PoweredPowerArmor, PN, Flashlight NVSE, Nevada Skies, Lauren's Bathroom Poetry, Willow, FCO, Distributed Necklaces and Chains, WoTNM,CaliberX,EVE,WMX,OJO-Bueno NukaCola Machine,Courier's Stach Integration, Faction Armor Usage Enhancement(maybe),More Perks, More Perks Merged, Roleplayers Alt Start,Craft and Cook at BBQ, Improved Transponder - Old World Blues, Removeable Pip-Boy Glove (maybe), custom weapons sections (for distribution)

So I followed the guide and did the MCM settings that were reccomended, but my guns and armor take a really long time to break down.-It can't be the intended durability. Is there perhaps a mod or a setting I messed up on that would affect this? I feel as the game is too easy without having to worry about maintenance or guns and armor. 

You'd have to find a mod that changes that, there isn't anything I can think of that changes the weapon durability.

Also I followed the guide for the Weapons of the New Millenia mod but the texture arent loading and I get the red markers. If I have completed the STEP guide and go back and reinstall Weapons of the New Millenia and then make a new bashed patch and then loot, will my game/load order/or save suffer?

No you can redo all that stuff, but you may loose some stuff from your inventory like guns and ammo. Try making sure that the assets (textures, meshes, sounds, animations) made it from the millenia's weapons to the merged version. You will be able to tell by double clicking the merged version, then go to the filetree tab and see if all the textures, meshes... are in there. If not then that's why there are red triangles and you'll need to redo it.

Has anyone tried out the newest ENB/ENBoost? It changes ENBoost, so I want to see if it's any better since it can be hit or miss for most people.

So, tried to rebash de game but the laser pistol texture it's still missing... I don't have ideia what is the mod that is doing this, since i don't know what are the mods that change the laser pistol texture.

Ok, the only mod that change lase rpistol meshes it's WMX, will firther look on it.
I will need to start a clean save?

edit: reinstalling the WMX, relooting, rebashing... Then i will try again

edit2: seems that EVE was broken

Edited by draxdeveloper

Has anyone tried out the newest ENB/ENBoost? It changes ENBoost, so I want to see if it's any better since it can be hit or miss for most people.

Nice - I'll have to download this and fire it up.  I'll let you know, since I was one of those people it missed the mark for (I'm currently using the Unsafememoryhack).

The answer to your question is no, ILO NV Interiors is only for NVINteriors.  ILO - TTWInteriors will have its own release next month.

That said, you really can't do TTW with the guide. It is currently out of the scope of whats its trying to do.   Among mods that need completely different versions or pathes: YUP, PoweredPowerArmor, PN, Flashlight NVSE, Nevada Skies, Lauren's Bathroom Poetry, Willow, FCO, Distributed Necklaces and Chains, WoTNM,CaliberX,EVE,WMX,OJO-Bueno NukaCola Machine,Courier's Stach Integration, Faction Armor Usage Enhancement(maybe),More Perks, More Perks Merged, Roleplayers Alt Start,Craft and Cook at BBQ, Improved Transponder - Old World Blues, Removeable Pip-Boy Glove (maybe), custom weapons sections (for distribution)

Okay, thanks for the info and heads up. I did keep ILO NV Interiors uninstalled, but it's good to have the information confirmed.

And thanks for sharing that list. I initially was following Fear & Loathing and Clear and Present Danger as I was getting started in mod organizer (while using Gopher and GamerPoet videos as tutorials). But once I started going down the TTW path, I created a different mod organizer profile and been mostly using resources from the TTW site and your Worlds of Tomorrow pack, while occasionally going back to F&L since it is a little more detailed in directions (like with the Interior Lighting). I know I'm probably breaking things, but I'm still learning/exploring and willing to blow things up if I need to start from scratch.

I think I've avoided adding most of those mods you listed from the F&L pack and have picked the TTW equivalent for things like YUP, PN, Nevada Skies when available. Didn't know Flashlight NVSE was an issue though, so will uninstall that plugin.

And you mentioned FCO, which is good because that was a piece that confused me, but will take my question to the TTW Guide thread since it doesn't really belong here.

Thanks again!

No you can redo all that stuff, but you may loose some stuff from your inventory like guns and ammo. Try making sure that the assets (textures, meshes, sounds, animations) made it from the millenia's weapons to the merged version. You will be able to tell by double clicking the merged version, then go to the filetree tab and see if all the textures, meshes... are in there. If not then that's why there are red triangles and you'll need to redo it.

I haven't tried reinstalling it yet, but I checked the file tree and all the meshes and textures are there in the "Premade Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia" folder. I just don't understand why im getting the error if all the textures are there.