Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

i was wondering do we not need to add bash tags to the created ILO Merged Plugin that we create? i am using the latest version 6.9 of ILO

You can save this link as Generate Bash Tags.pas and put in your Edit Scripts folder in your FNVEdit folder. You may have to copy paste the contents to Notepad++ and save it as a .pas (Pascal) file first.

Then open the plugin in FNVEdit and right click on it then apply script and find the Generate Bash Tags script. Click yes to save the tags to the header and let it run. Save and close.

This will let Wrye Bash read the plugin for the proper tags and can be used for any plugin.

You can save this link as Generate Bash Tags.pas and put in your Edit Scripts folder in your FNVEdit folder. You may have to copy paste the contents to Notepad++ and save it as a .pas (Pascal) file first.

Then open the plugin in FNVEdit and right click on it then apply script and find the Generate Bash Tags script. Click yes to save the tags to the header and let it run. Save and close.

This will let Wrye Bash read the plugin for the proper tags and can be used for any plugin.

Should we use it on every plugin we have installed, or will some plugins get messed up by it (in other words - given inappropriate tags)?  Is this something that has been thoroughly tested and will/should be in the guide, or is it still in the testing phase?  One thing I never delved into is the manipulation of the edits of mods though bash tags.  So far I've let others figure it out and tell me what should be what.  :)  I understand the end results when I view them in xEdit, I just don't understand the bash tag "commands" very well. 

I've noticed some mods that place objects or stuff around the world or in cells will sometimes get tagged with C.light/Climate/etc, or mods that don't alter stats as Stats.

In the end, I think the best thing to do is to run that script on your mods, then be prepared to open up your bashed patch and mod list in FNVedit to fix any remaining issues.

A large amount of conflicts can be fixed by using LOOT rules, however.  Here is my userlist.yaml which has helped with a majority of conflicts in my load order - 

https://pastebin.com/Ru1Jm9uC

I still use a "Conflict Patch" at the end of my load order, though.  Bashed Patch isn't perfect.

I still use a "Conflict Patch" at the end of my load order, though.  Bashed Patch isn't perfect.

That's what I've done with my Skyrim installation, since I went beyond STEP Extended and put in many extra mods.  I didn't really want to delve into doing it for FNV also (though in this case I stuck pretty tight to the F&L guide), since it's a lot of work and oftentimes I question my judgment when trying to determine which edit should win when reviewing certain types of conflicts.

Not exactly sure but I have a feeling it has to do with all the added weapons in the guide. Does anyone know a fix for this? it first appeared on an enemy who i killed and when I equip it, it does the same. 

photos are in imgur link. https://imgur.com/a/k5LKG/all

Please help me out!

I should mention that this was when I was equipped with the beretta

Edited by TomtinBreeX

That's what I've done with my Skyrim installation, since I went beyond STEP Extended and put in many extra mods.  I didn't really want to delve into doing it for FNV also (though in this case I stuck pretty tight to the F&L guide), since it's a lot of work and oftentimes I question my judgment when trying to determine which edit should win when reviewing certain types of conflicts.

I want to add it to the guide, but I'm not sure on the easiest way to install it.

Not exactly sure but I have a feeling it has to do with all the added weapons in the guide. Does anyone know a fix for this? it first appeared on an enemy who i killed and when I equip it, it does the same. 

photos are in imgur link. https://imgur.com/a/k5LKG/all

Please help me out!

I should mention that this was when I was equipped with the beretta

It's probably the assets that didn't copy over to the merged version of the Millenia's Additional Weapons. Just make sure the textures, meshes, sounds... folders all got moved into the merged mod.

I want to add it to the guide, but I'm not sure on the easiest way to install it.

It's probably the assets that didn't copy over to the merged version of the Millenia's Additional Weapons. Just make sure the textures, meshes, sounds... folders all got moved into the merged mod.

Yea, im starting to think none of my merged mods did that. God damnit..

Yea, I didn't have copy general assets ticked when you merge mods

Edited by TomtinBreeX

Do you mean a F&L conflict patch or the Generate Bash Tags script, or both?  I imagine that a F&L conflict patch would rely on the Generate Bash Tags script having been properly run.  Another alternative to having the Generate Bash Tags script be a requirement for all mods (or many mods) - couldn't someone in the LOOT team be given a list of proper bash tags for all the mods in the guide?  Then they could mark all the mods appropriately through LOOT and LOOT will set the correct tags for Wrye Bash.  Then the "Generate Bash Tags script" could be a recommendation for just the merged patches or for mods custom placed in an otherwise F&L guide mod setup.  I don't know if part of what I just stated is an incorrect assumption, like maybe how LOOT works, but just some ideas.

Having all the tags in LOOT is only going to help if WB can actually read them. 

I guess I could add the script to the guide. It's pretty easy to obtain it. I don't think everything needs to be run through it, but some of the more complex ones would definitely be more compatible.

You just have to remember to ignore any of the additional Cell tags. A couple of them are for the beta WB.

Having all the tags in LOOT is only going to help if WB can actually read them. 

I guess I could add the script to the guide. It's pretty easy to obtain it. I don't think everything needs to be run through it, but some of the more complex ones would definitely be more compatible.

You just have to remember to ignore any of the additional Cell tags. A couple of them are for the beta WB.

Personally I just ran both WF and LOOT at the same time and manually set all missing bash tags.

Hopefully this will be my last question since I feel like what I am asking is common sense to most people butttt since my merged files did not copy over any of the assets, can I simply go into MO's left pane, delete all the merged files I made during the guide, re-enable the mods that will be merged, boot up FNVEdit and create a merged file all over again. Once that is created, just place it back in the place where the old merged file use to be. Would that affect my game save at all?

The reason I am asking is last night I discovered I hadn't ticked 'copy general assets' in the mod script 1.9 first-time tutorial so I literally had the mods merged but they didn't include textures, sounds or anything. I was literally shooting an invisible, completely silent, beretta yesterday and just clicking and creating bullet holes in the wall, lol. Once I remade the merged file, while I didn't do the no cheat clean up, all the guns appeared (for Millena's extra weapons) in Doc Mitchell's house.

I guess bottom line is If I still have the mods in my left pane of MO, can I uninstall and remove merged mods, without disrupting my game at all? Also, I am guessing if this is done, I would need to create a brand new bashed file too?

Thanks all, I really appreciate the patience you have with me haha.