Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Hey I just wanted to ask if someone knows of a compatibility patch between EVE and More Perks Merged Mod?

More Perks adds this perk: 

Chemical Engineer (level 12) (rank 1) (Activate) (ID:D2EE34)
You can turn goo and ash into the same tpye of ammo that left your foe this way
When I took it in my current game I already had the suspicion that it probably wont work since EVE replaces pretty much everything that has to do with Ash, Puddles, Goo and Death Animation with Energy Weapons
Edited by BubosBamba

Does generate bash tags work better than comparing a LOOT report to plugins in Wrye Flash and adding in the bash tags to the plugins missing them through Wrye Flash - does it add extra bash tags that LOOT doesn't take into consideration in its recommendations? 

Does generate bash tags work better than comparing a LOOT report to plugins in Wrye Flash and adding in the bash tags to the plugins missing them through Wrye Flash - does it add extra bash tags that LOOT doesn't take into consideration in its recommendations?

LOOT is done manually. WilliamImm and I probably added half the ones that exist. We had to go record by record to find the proper tags. It isn't perfect and we miss stuff. The script doesn't. It is also much faster.

Taking the tags that are provided by loot and keeping a list of them is good because I can add to the loot list.

Ran the script this morning.  Took about 2 hours.  No issues except for this: It detected bad tags "Deflist", "Delev" on 1nivVSLArmors.esp and removed them.

I still have the tags checked in Wyre Flash but I wondering if I should remove them manually?

BTW: Thanks for the awesome guide EssArrBee!

Edited by LordKain73

Don't remove Deflst from any mod that has it. The generate tag doesn't recognize that tag and leaves it to the user to add. I'm guessing that Delev should be removed though since it would correctly ID if that was incorrect.

Random question about Windows 10. Has anyone downloaded Win 10 and encountered a problem with the guide? I have Win 8.1 currently and all is working fine I just want to make sure that upgrading the OS won't destroy everything I have worked on, lol.

• +1 2

Don't remove Deflst from any mod that has it. The generate tag doesn't recognize that tag and leaves it to the user to add. I'm guessing that Delev should be removed though since it would correctly ID if that was incorrect.

I'm a little confused with how this bash tagging works.  I've been running the script on all my plugins.  I finally got to 1nivVSLArmors.esp.  The script said it removed delev and deflst, but it added other tags.  So I then went into Wrye Flash to add deflst back in.  Here's what confuses me: 1nivVSLArmors.esp was listed in Wrye Flash as having both delev and deflst bash tags, even though I just had the script remove them (and saved the plugin).  Why is Wrye Flash ignoring the plugin bash tag data and adding those removed bash tags back again?  I hope it didn't remove added tags to ones that the script added too.  Especially since I spent a while doing this and am 2/3 of the way done.  Got any ideas?

I'm a little confused with how this bash tagging works.  I've been running the script on all my plugins.  I finally got to 1nivVSLArmors.esp.  The script said it removed delev and deflst, but it added other tags.  So I then went into Wrye Flash to add deflst back in.  Here's what confuses me: 1nivVSLArmors.esp was listed in Wrye Flash as having both delev and deflst bash tags, even though I just had the script remove them (and saved the plugin).  Why is Wrye Flash ignoring the plugin bash tag data and adding those removed bash tags back again?  I hope it didn't remove added tags to ones that the script added too.  Especially since I spent a while doing this and am 2/3 of the way done.  Got any ideas?

did you by any chance re-run LOOT cos i think Loot will add Missing tags back in unless i am wrong

Question I just installed Windows 10 and now when I try and run FNV with 4GB it brings me to the steam loading and not like before where it brought me to the game.  Is this something to do with windows 10 or maybe 4GB loader.

Edit 1: so i ran using NVSE and it starts up so I am guessing its 4Gb and I did see a post on its nexus page, so I will keep an eye on it there.  ENB also isn't showing so maybe an issue there.  There is is an issue in MO saying something about hooking not sure but I will copy and paste it here and maybe someone can give me a heads up what it means.

Edit 2: Ok tried 10 more times and it started normally with 4gb 5 out of 10 times.  Each time it failed to start normally that error message came along with it.

Edited by Tirencia
  • +1 1

INFO (03:51:12.0434): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll" (770f853f). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const wchar_t *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)
INFO (03:51:12.0440): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll" (770f8541). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const wchar_t *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)
INFO (03:51:12.0447): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll" (770f8547). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const wchar_t *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)
INFO (03:51:12.0453): Windows Exception (c0000005). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const wchar_t *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

ERROR (03:51:12.0453): This is a critical error, the application will probably crash now.
-------------------------------
INFO (03:51:12.0485): Windows 6.2 (workstation)
INFO (03:51:12.0485): hook.dll v2.7.5
INFO (03:51:12.0485): Code page: 1252
INFO (03:51:12.0485): injecting to C:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNVLauncher.exe

There's probably a dump file created with that crash, you will need to send it to @Tannin via email to:

sherb at gmx.net

On another matter, another user has posted here that he can't even get MO to start, could you provide any ideas about MO and Win10?