Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Okay so STEP is updated, finally. I'll be back to some fallout in a day or two. I've got a few short term plans that I'll take care out before revamping some parts of the guide in major (and much needed) way. I've also got to do that additional armor section pronto.

Has anyone else been playing that Fallout Shelter mobile game that came out? Why are those types of games so addicting? 

I've been playing Shelter. I honestly think the reason they are so addictive, is because things are CONSTANTLY happening. So you get to a point where you're ready to put the game down, but then you gotta collect resources, and then zomg, 2m30s until my radio station brings in another dweller, so I'd better wait until that happens, oh but then you assign him, you have more resources to collect, but wait... my dwellers have levelled up... you get the idea.

By the by, I was wondering what happened to IMPACT, as I don't see it in the guide. I'd kinda decided to take a break from FNV in order to kick over some games I've been meaning to finish for a while, and before I took that break, IMPACT was being talked about, and I assumed it would make it in. I've tried reading through the forums, but there's a lot of reading there...

The NPC version looks good in FNVEdit. The only thing is adding some bash tags.

I was hoping that one day Wrye Flash would read the LOOT masterlist for tags, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. I'm going to have to start adding a suggested bash tag section to mods that require you to add them manually. I'll probably add it at the bashed patch section so you can do all of them at once, but compiling that list is going to be a headache. It's also going to be annoying for the end user, but will make compatibility much better. I'd bet there are over 30 tags missing since we switched from BOSS to LOOT.

I've been playing Shelter. I honestly think the reason they are so addictive, is because things are CONSTANTLY happening. So you get to a point where you're ready to put the game down, but then you gotta collect resources, and then zomg, 2m30s until my radio station brings in another dweller, so I'd better wait until that happens, oh but then you assign him, you have more resources to collect, but wait... my dwellers have levelled up... you get the idea.

By the by, I was wondering what happened to IMPACT, as I don't see it in the guide. I'd kinda decided to take a break from FNV in order to kick over some games I've been meaning to finish for a while, and before I took that break, IMPACT was being talked about, and I assumed it would make it in. I've tried reading through the forums, but there's a lot of reading there...

I was working on IMPACT right before I took a break. I'll get back to it after some general maintenance type stuff getting everything up to date from the time I left. 

I was working on IMPACT right before I took a break. I'll get back to it after some general maintenance type stuff getting everything up to date from the time I left. 

Thank you sir! I'm looking forward to getting stuck back into FNV in preparation for the new baby. ;)

• +1 2

Hey Ess, I really think that NVR3 be removed from the guide. I know that you have a lot of hope in the bashed patch, but I really think that no amount of tags is going to make it work nicely. Don't get me wrong, I love NVR3 and think it is an awesome mod. But the amount of issues it has is outstanding. I tried for several days to get it working properly. But in the end I had to ditch it. It conflicts with mods you wouldn't even think about such as ILO and Spice of Life. And regardless of what the mod author says it is not 100% compatible with body mods. I think you should stick with just using FCO until someone can make some compatibility patches. I am only saying this because I keep seeing people having issues with this mod. I don't mean to intrude on your guide. I just would like to express my concerns that NVR3 is well.... a bit of a mess sadly. :\

• +1 1

Hey Ess, I really think that NVR3 be removed from the guide. I know that you have a lot of hope in the bashed patch, but I really think that no amount of tags is going to make it work nicely. Don't get me wrong, I love NVR3 and think it is an awesome mod. But the amount of issues it has is outstanding. I tried for several days to get it working properly. But in the end I had to ditch it. It conflicts with mods you wouldn't even think about such as ILO and Spice of Life. And regardless of what the mod author says it is not 100% compatible with body mods. I think you should stick with just using FCO until someone can make some compatibility patches. I am only saying this because I keep seeing people having issues with this mod. I don't mean to intrude on your guide. I just would like to express my concerns that NVR3 is well.... a bit of a mess sadly. :\

I know it's a mess. I've been thinking about it for a while too. I've always said that the reports of problems were always worth it in the end because the mod is so good, but maybe it isn't. I'll try to figure something out when I go deeper into the guide. 

Ess have you ever thought about some sort of conflict resloution patch Simlair to what Neo does with SR:LE. This many not be possible with fallout most of my modding knowledge comes from Skyrim.

I've actually said I was going to do that like 10 times by now, but I always get distracted by other stuff right when I'm going to start. One day it'll happen.

Anyone wanna test the new NV Uncut 6? The bug that kept the old one out of the guide was that even if you dismissed Betsy, she still prevented you from entering the DLC areas. I need it verified that she can be hired, dismissed, and then be able to enter Dead Money, Honest Hearts, OWB, or Lonesome Road.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59265/?

Anyone wanna test the new NV Uncut 6? The bug that kept the old one out of the guide was that even if you dismissed Betsy, she still prevented you from entering the DLC areas. I need it verified that she can be hired, dismissed, and then be able to enter Dead Money, Honest Hearts, OWB, or Lonesome Road.

Do you know if it has been an issue with just the NVU mods active? Or is it an issue being caused by one of F&LNV's bazillion other mods? If it is an issue just within the mod itself, I should be able to take a look at that later today. About to turn in to sleep right now though.

Do you know if it has been an issue with just the NVU mods active? Or is it an issue being caused by one of F&LNV's bazillion other mods? If it is an issue just within the mod itself, I should be able to take a look at that later today. About to turn in to sleep right now though.

No, the bug is from the original mod by Moburma. Someone else made an updated version that I linked which is supposed to fix that issue. It can be tested with F&L or vanilla just to see if that bug is gone. 

I made a post last year where i found a way to fix it in game with the console:

After looking at some scripts in FNVEdit it would seem that the Betsy follower script does not change the number of critter followers when you dismiss her (at least it didn't in my playthrough). If you happen into this problem, dismiss all of your followers, dismiss betsy, open the console and type: set "b16d0".bCritterInParty to 0

I made a post last year where i found a way to fix it in game with the console:

The console is good, but I don't like that solution since most people would have to open a browser and find the code while in game. There were other minor bugs that the new mod took care of as well. 

So far I know about:
  1. PNEO - Done
  2. Uncut Wasteland - Not done
  3. Lutana NVSE Plugin - Done
  4. RHINO Gauss Revoler - Not done
  5. Tutorial Killer - Don't know if this was TTW only update, so I'll have to look into it
  6. FNVLODGen stuff - I know it's added, but it should probably be after the bashed patch stuff
  7. RWL - Not done, I have plans for the weather/exteriors mods
  8. WFO cleaning - I think FNVEdit cleans the UDRs properly now
  9. NVInteriors Room With a View - Not done
  10. NV Uncut 6 - Not done
  11. Merging Instructions out of date - Not done
  12. In think that's all. Let me know if there is more housekeeping type stuff I need to do.

Just a heads up, I believe PN:EO has another update incoming to improve performance of some of the scripts along with a couple other performance enhancements/fixes in the next month or so.

• +1 2

Don't agree. I'd sooner have NVR3 than FCO. I have no issues running NVR3 as it's suggested, by just installing FCO and disabling the plugins. Then installing NVR3. None of the eye issues, nothing at all. Of course this way you do lose the FCO extra races etc, but I can live with that.

Edited by Nozzer66
  • +1 1

I know about the PNEO update, I've been following the threads for it lately. I just updated the install instructions to do away with cleaning the Rebalance plugin and got rid of the two separate fixes.

One of the big problems I have with NVR3 is the amount of errors in the plugin. Dracomies needs to do something about that. It's got thousands of errors to clean. I could probably live a lot of the stuff and patch it myself, but damn, clean the plugin before release.