Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Speaking of weapons, that reminds me of a post I made earlier in this thread.

Is there a way to disable certain weapons added by Project Nevada/WMX Modern Weapons? Some of them are made redundant due to the better quality versions provided by Millenia, so all they do is clog up the list of weapons. One particular weapon I recall is the Chinese Pistol added by PN, which is pointless because Millenia made a Mauser C96 that looks way better.

So I'm not sure if it's an issue with my DNS or if it's on the Nexus's end, but my browser will not display any nexus links that are formatted "newvegas.nexusmods.com" until I reformat them to "nexusmods.com/newvegas." I know that the Nexus just did some pretty major work on their forum system, so that might be to blame, but that means that none of the Nexus links in the guide are actually working right now (for me; might just be an isolated case). Thought you should know, just in case it is a Nexus problem that they aren't planning on fixing soon.

Whether it is a minor glitch on Nexus part or not I took the opportunity to do an edit of the links so they are all now of the same style.

All should be good now. Thanks for pointing that out.

I could kinda teach you how to disable them, but it's going to be a bit of work if there are more than a couple weapons you want to disable.

I'm also now done with Millenia's weapons page. No major changes, just added the last three weapons and updated to the latest merge script. Much easier than the others.

Decided to drop Safe ShowRaceMenu. I probably only used it for like one playthrough anyways.

All the merging instructions are up to date with the latest merge scrript except for the NV Uncut Series. I still haven't tested the new NV Uncut 6. I'll try it out sometime tonight I guess.

A couple mods got switched out for their newer versions. The Mason Jar Mine which now has a store I believe and the Necklace Distribution mod since the new one uses JIP NVSE Plugin which also got added.

I can't get NV Uncut 6 to work with the merge script. :/

It looks like a great mod though. Adds a bunch of extras on top of the cut content, new voices, a lantern, a radio, you can sell Betsy, new Brahmin textures, and she can be dismissed correctly. :)

Might just have to for go merging. :(

Hey EssArrBee. :) Migrated here from our posts on the NVAC mod page.  So glad I found this guide! I'm up to the part of installing ILO, and I followed your manual steps for dragging what you said, into the core part, then moved the 2 esps ( MO's left pane ) you mention into the optional ESP's box.  Upon "checking" the ILO mod in the left pane, I end up with 3 active esp's in the right pane. The bottom one has a red triangle to the right of it, and upon mousing the esp, it details, "Missing NVInteriors-Combo.esm and NVInteriors-Core.esm. I realized, after looking at your install page and my load list, that this is due to NVInteriors not being installed yet. However, you might make a small note of that, in the ILO install instructions, so people who may be newer users to MO or just modding in general don't PANIC. Thanks to all, who have been contributing to this, as it makes things for a first time FNV install a LOT less painful. :)

Hello All,

First, the work you have done is unbelievable and I am so thankful for it.  I have installed this pack with very few issues.  The only real problem I am having is with ILO.  I have searched this thread and forum and this is the only thing that sounds close to the issue I am having but I dont understand exactly what he is saying.  It also may be outdated as the ESM Im having a problem with is slightly different.  Finally, I believe that I have installed it per the instructions in the guide but I have this error on my ILO - Merged Patches.esp.

Missing Masters: NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm.  I have looked through the optional ESPs but that one is not available.  I also noticed that in the FOMOD for ILO there is an option for the Combo Edition but we use the other one.

Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks!

It looks like a great mod though. Adds a bunch of extras on top of the cut content, new voices, a lantern, a radio, you can sell Betsy, new Brahmin textures, and she can be dismissed correctly. :)

Yeah, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, had some life stuff come up unexpectedly. :huh:  I did manage to test it yesterday though. It all seems to work fine for me, but I've also been trying to see about the merge script. I'll keep looking at it and see how I go. But at least the new version you can leave Betsy behind with no issues when you go off map for DLCs. For me she just sorta vanished though, rather than walking back to Freeside.

Hello All,

First, the work you have done is unbelievable and I am so thankful for it. I have installed this pack with very few issues. The only real problem I am having is with ILO. I have searched this thread and forum and this is the only thing that sounds close to the issue I am having but I dont understand exactly what he is saying. It also may be outdated as the ESM Im having a problem with is slightly different. Finally, I believe that I have installed it per the instructions in the guide but I have this error on my ILO - Merged Patches.esp.

Missing Masters: NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm. I have looked through the optional ESPs but that one is not available. I also noticed that in the FOMOD for ILO there is an option for the Combo Edition but we use the other one.

Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks!

That plugin is from the next mod in the guide.

What merging issues did you have? I've merged using the merged script and it 'seems' to be ok for me.

Edit: To clarify - the ONLY mods active in my load order for testing this were NVU 1-7 and Darnified UI (because I didn't want to undo all the ini changes). So I double checked by following the Merging New Vegas Uncut instructions (minus 10. The YUP section), and I don't 'think' I have issues.

Edited by daemondai