Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Is anyone else having issues with mis-matching skin on the tribals in Honest Hearts? I don't recall it being this bad in the vanilla game. Also, does anyone else have a glitch where one of Graham's dialogue options doesn't display properly? It says "NVDLC02JoshuaAboutZion".

oxpb.pngpxpb.pngqxpb.pngrxpb.png

I asked the mod author for Roberts, and they said it's a known issue with the current version, probably going to take a while to fix.

I replaced the NCR heavy gunner armor mesh in the NCR Trooper Overhaul mod with the salvaged power armor mesh from the Drags Ten armor pack, also available on the Nexus. Looks way better IMO, especially considering the original is just the bounty hunter outfit with body armor thrown on top. Is Dragbody busy with that Haven mod (I can't recall the name)? Would explain why NCR Overhaul is still unfinished in some areas, like with female compatibility.

God another question. Is it possible to adjust the intensity of certain effects in ENB? Muzzle flashes and explosions appear a lot less heavy than without ENB atm.

e1pb.png
f1pb.pngg1pb.pngh1pb.pngi1pb.png21pb.png31pb.png41pb.png61pb.png

Edited by Jax765

I finally figured out my ENB problem. I can finally get it to work properly without trying to come up with hack on my own. I don't even need the Injector.exe version.

I'll be redoing the ENB/ENBoost section soon enough. I will probably put it on a separate page. I never liked that section anyways, so it will be better if I link to it.

I've ran into a cosmetic issue and failed at fixing it myself, hopefully you guys can help me out.

the custom eyes are broken during character creation, only the vanilla ones work. they look doubled, as if the char has two iris' in each eye like an alien. I found this is a known problem when using mods like FCO and redesigned together.

after downloading this patch https://www.mediafire.com/download/q5w66f55gghxq20/FCO_EYE_FIX_-_23.9.2014_.rar, the problem seemed to have disappeared. but then I encountered an NPC in New Vegas, who always stared to his right side. his iris resided constantly in the right eye corner, no matter what he was doing. other NPCs seemed fine, but there is a high chance I'll encounter more of this during my playthrough, right?

does anyone know where the conflict might be?

btw. a new version of the merge plugin was released (3.0 I believe) and it's supposedly more advanced than the previous one. had no problems with it so far.

This was effecting me like ALOT... The only way I was able to fix it was by uninstalling NVR3 anyone have any ideas about how to get it to work?

• +1 1

Played DEIMOS, thought it was incredibly disappointing. Buggy NPCs, linear fetch quests, barely any dialogue options. Was expecting a lot more.

Project Brazil seems promising, but it ends abruptly and the second part still isn't out yet. Also they really should've separated the Atrium into smaller chunks. Right now it's a huge performance hog, brings me down from 60 to 26-30 FPS. Gets even worse after the prologue.

• +1 1

Added a bit more to the Fallout guide, if anyone cares. I'm just looking for a couple of opinions on layout and formatting. It should stay within the F&L and C&PD framework for the style, but give more general info and game specific info where needed.

Do you mind if I fiddle around with any aspects of it?

Off the top I would question your recommendation to install MO where you have. I'd point the user to anywhere away from your Steam install.

Personally I have a folder called C:\Games\ that houses most of my tools.

Edited by GrantSP

After you're done with STEP 2.2.9.1, d'you reckon you could add an extra section for mergable armors like you've done with weapons? There's a bunch of great individual armors out there like Modern Gunslinger and Geonox's Restored Riot Armor.

• +1 1

I don't know if many people have the same "issue" as I have, but I have a problem with the house mods in the guide.
They are great, mainly with Sort-o-matic. Never knew there was an unified system.
But with the several houses in this guide (Willow's Bungalow, Afterschool, Tales Of Burning Sands, ..) and let's not forget the almighty Sink, I have a difficulty deciding in which house I would like to have a permanent base.
I know I can't really give critique because EssArrBee does a great job to give a wide choice of your homeplace.
But I don't want to haul all of my stuff everywhere, neither leaving all my stuff behind at Goodsprings while I'm in my Penthouse.
So, could we make some kind of chart or having a discussion of what house provide what benefits or cons?
Or, if EssArrBee is up for it, a section with several house mods you can choose from?
Sure, this also depends on your playthrough / roleplay but I think it would be interesting, nonetheless.

I mainly chooses the Schoolhouse because you do have to work for it, it's easily accesable, has much room (Feng Shui and 6+ companions anyone?), and it has every crafting system + a garden included.
However, if you don't add any mods and play without Fast Travel, it can be a chore to travel to it.
The Sink also provides more benefits (spoilers) and a teleport beacon to it.
Willow Bungalow let's Willow cook some items for you and has some automatic "quest" item displays.
A Room With A View has .. a view.

If anyone think I'm rambling, then ignore my opinion :p
EssArrBee, thanks again for the great quide and I wait with anticipation for every update ::D:

I've mainly been using the schoolhouse for my playthrough, but I recently downloaded the Mobile Truck Base mod, and I think I'm gonna use it as my main home from now on. Small but comfortable space, sortomatic function, very cool fast travel alternative, and incredibly good for immersion purposes (adds another dimension to NVB II for me, with the travelling to areas, then going from there to the target location). Only issue is that it could do with some more lockers for armor, and companions can sometimes get in the way, but otherwise, great mod that should be added to the guide.

• +1 1

I've mainly been using the schoolhouse for my playthrough, but I recently downloaded the Mobile Truck Base mod, and I think I'm gonna use it as my main home from now on. Small but comfortable space, sortomatic function, very cool fast travel alternative, and incredibly good for immersion purposes (adds another dimension to NVB II for me, with the travelling to areas, then going from there to the target location). Only issue is that it could do with some more lockers for armor, and companions can sometimes get in the way, but otherwise, great mod that should be added to the guide.

Yeah, I saw Gopher using it too and I'm questioning about installing it too.

But like you said about the companions and storage area, that's my problem too.

Sure, it's a truck and it shouldn't be used as a base :p

But with Willow and other companions and their location based quests, it's hard to drag them all along.

I wished there was a mod where you could tell your companions all about your adventures and getting their quest triggers.

Edit: If anyone is wondering what Jax765 is talking about, Mobile Truck Base is a "driveable" (cutscene / fast travel) truck with storage containers (Sort-o-matic version included).

Edited by TDarkShadow