Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Can't say I'm noticing a huge difference. I'll probably just stick with driver AF, like most games.

Also, Edge AA doesn't seem to have any effect. Nor does enabling AA in the INI or driver. Right now I'm just downsampling instead. Is there something I might be doing wrong that could result in AA not working properly?

Another thing, has anyone tried this mod? Are there any mods in the current guide that achieve something similar?

Finally, I've noticed that quite a few ENBs use this mod instead of Nevada Skies as a baseline. What are the chances that it could receive some kind of compatibility patch with Nevada Skies? Zero?

Edited by Jax765

Finally, I've noticed that quite a few ENBs use this mod instead of Nevada Skies as a baseline. What are the chances that it could receive some kind of compatibility patch with Nevada Skies? Zero?

There is no patch in the traditional sense.  The ENBs make adjustments assuming you already have a given weather mod.  They'll work, they just won't be the exact lighting settings that the author intended.  You can mix and match as you like, it just may not be the same as in others screenshots.

Can't say I'm noticing a huge difference. I'll probably just stick with driver AF, like most games.

Also, Edge AA doesn't seem to have any effect. Nor does enabling AA in the INI or driver. Right now I'm just downsampling instead. Is there something I might be doing wrong that could result in AA not working properly?

Another thing, has anyone tried this mod? Are there any mods in the current guide that achieve something similar?

If you are trying to use enblocal.ini or driver AA, you might want to disable AA in the game ini - otherwise it's overkill and will likely be sapping some FPS.  What I like to use for AA is something called "SMAA".  You can install it the same way as for Skyrim, so you can find instructions for installing it in the STEP ENB Guides.  For SMAA, you would list it as a "proxy" in enblocal.ini.

Caliber?

EssArrBee has been testing FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting and may replace Nevada Skies with it when he gets back to FNV modding again - he's been focusing on Skyrim recently.

I will be going with Realistic Wasteland Lighting. I like the minimalist approach and may just do a thing where you pick one of three weather mods depending on what you like. It could easily be integrated into the guide since all three of the big ones don't mess up other mods.

Caliber gets rid of hitscan weapons? And I tried disabling all AA except for the one in ENBLocal, but that didn't have any effect.

Apart from the weather variations (e.g. sandstorms, rain, etc) is there anything that we'd be missing if we switched from Nevada Skies to RWL?

Also, I'm thinking I might remove ILO from my load order. Framerate in interiors tends to fluctuate a lot (sometimes goes as low as 30), and disabling the mod lets me keep things at 60 for the most part.

RWL has like half a dozen weathers and nevada Skies has like 300 or so. Other than that, the color palette is a little less vibrant.

ILO never really affected my FPS, it was more NV Interiors Project since lots of items are added to places.

I'm playing through DEIMOS right now, and quite a few sections that have severe frame drops, run much more smoothly with ILO disabled. What are your specs, and what resolution are you running the game at? I'm running at 1080P with a GTX 770 2GB and i7 4770K. Outdoors, it generally runs at 60 unless there's a bunch of NPCs on screen, or effects going on.

I turned my gaming rig into a workstation, so I just use a laptop with a core i5/GT650M 2GB to do everything. I get 60 outdoors and most interiors, but any towns or the Freeside/Strip areas just hammer my FPS.

DEIMOS was made by a modder, so it's usually not made with performance in mind. They tend to worry about what they want the game to look and play like.

Yeah, performance is generally similar for me. Steady 60 except for areas like the Strip and Freeside/Westside.

I'll test a few vanilla interiors when I get the chance, but I get the feeling that it'll have the same result, because a few of those areas have similar FPS drops to the areas in the mod.

BTW, I notice that a few mods were removed, like ragdoll overhaul and collision mesh overhaul (the mod author said he deleted them in a brief fit of rage). Would it allowed to upload them from a site like mediafire, or is that against the rules? Because I still have them in my load order (as well as the downloaded rar files), would be a shame to keep them off the guide.

Also, are there any mods out there that fix the shotgun animation glitch where if you reload while moving in third person, your character will briefly spazz out before you get control again? Happens during VATS, which can be a giant pain in the ass.

Edited by Jax765

Figured out how to get the Edge AA working. You need to actually enable ENB with shift+F12, while the guide says to turn it off. Made a few tweaks, and now the colour palette looks much better to me, with less of those ugly yellow-tinted skins. Is there a way to lower the sharpness? Currently it's a bit too sharp, which makes the aliasing stand out more.

lvpb.pngmvpb.pngnvpb.pngovpb.pngpvpb.pngqvpb.pngrvpb.pngsvpb.png

EssArrBee - if you are going to swap to RWL, would you be able to offer some advice for ENB users on what version or parts of RWL to install? I see form the mod's page that it has ENB variants with some ESPs to ignore.

Install the main file, RWL - FULL, then install the ENB FULL optional file. I'm pretty sure you will select merge when installing it and it will replace the ESP from the main file.