Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Just updated FNVEdit and the Merge Plugins script, when I checked to make sure the script works fine, it showed me this window. Are the options and directories correct, or should I change them?

Also, the Legacy Support script being obsolete was left out of the changelog of the guide, didn't realise until I noticed that it wasn't anywhere on the page.

WXpb.png

Edited by Jax765

Just updated FNVEdit and the Merge Plugins script, when I checked to make sure the script works fine, it showed me this window. Are the options and directories correct, or should I change them?

Also, the Legacy Support script being obsolete was left out of the changelog of the guide, didn't realise until I noticed that it wasn't anywhere on the page.

WXpb.png

By ticking "copy general assets" it will automatically copy all the assets and change names for sound folders automatically and place it into one neat pile for you (overwrite folder). I recommend ticking for *most* merges as it will only make things easier. 

Do you have to give the binary a particular name or does it matter? Do you know if there is a TES5LODGen argument?

I just use the name 'xEdit.exe' and when you parse the commandline switch it does exactly the same thing as renaming the executable.

So:

xEdit.exe -fnv -edit

is exactly the same as:

FNVEdit.exe

The folder I have contains the one executable and the four *.dat files like:

FalloutNV.Hardcoded.keep.this.with.the.exe.and.otherwise.ignore.it.I.really.mean.it.dat

I haven't seen any issues with @Mator's Merge script, though I haven't used it lately with all his copy assets code and batch files, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work this way.

Not sure about the TES5LODGen. I haven't seen a switch mentioned anywhere.

... just tried it and it doesn't work that way. Only the editor interface accepts the gamename switches.

By ticking "copy general assets" it will automatically copy all the assets and change names for sound folders automatically and place it into one neat pile for you (overwrite folder). I recommend ticking for *most* merges as it will only make things easier. 

What assets would these be? Generally, the only result I get from merging plugins is the merged ESP.

What assets would these be? Generally, the only result I get from merging plugins is the merged ESP.

Some mods have sound files that come in folders named after the plugin. You have to rename the folder to the name of the new merged plugin. v1.9 takes care of that for you.

It will actually move ALL assets for you. So you could potentially merge (which I have) 40 small mods together and the plugin will take meshes, sounds, textures, etc. and merge them all into one convenient package. The one thing you need to remember though is that it will not move .esm's over. You will need to do that manually. 

I'm using the normal ENB binary, just with a few tweaks to make the game look less ****. Edge AA does a good job, the problem is the ENB itself seems to sharpen the image a little too much. None of the ini files seem to have anything related to it.

Also, my game just crashed and I got this error log in MO.

INFO (02:15:55.0948): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "unknown" (0). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)
INFO (02:15:56.0048): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "unknown" (35cffa32). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)
INFO (02:15:56.0048): Windows Exception (80000001). Origin: "F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV4GB.exe" (40198a). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)
INFO (02:15:56.0048): Windows Exception (80000001). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

ERROR (02:15:56.0048): Windows Exception (80000001). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)
DEBUG (02:16:01.0645): hooks removed
----------- LOG END -----------

Edited by Jax765

Ok, New Vegas Bounties II is causing some serious issues for me. I'm doing the quest where you take out the Ghoul militant leader in the caverns, and for some reason, whenever I load a save from that area, I get a CTD. Also, my most recent save is from a storage shed in the place. That one loads, but whenever I exit, I get a runtime error. I've got a bunch of saves from before entering the caverns thanks to CASM, and they still work perfectly fine.

Edited by Jax765

Yeah, something's wrong with the storage shed in Ulam Cavern. I tested it, loaded up a non-crashing save from before entering the caverns, and when I got to the storage shed, when I tried to exit, it crashed again, just like before. Also messed up my save from right before entering the shed, it crashes my game whenever I try to load it. Posted my load order below. For reference, the quest is called Revanche.

https://pastebin.com/hFLJRsPQ

Also a minor thing, whenever I open and close the pipboy with a modded weapon equipped, I get a corner notification saying "added". This doesn't occur when my gun is holstered. I'm using the pipboy 2500.

Edited by Jax765

I'm using the normal ENB binary, just with a few tweaks to make the game look less ****. Edge AA does a good job, the problem is the ENB itself seems to sharpen the image a little too much. None of the ini files seem to have anything related to it.

Also, my game just crashed and I got this error log in MO.

INFO (02:15:55.0948): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "unknown" (0). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

INFO (02:15:56.0048): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "unknown" (35cffa32). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

INFO (02:15:56.0048): Windows Exception (80000001). Origin: "F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV4GB.exe" (40198a). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

INFO (02:15:56.0048): Windows Exception (80000001). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

ERROR (02:15:56.0048): Windows Exception (80000001). Last hooked call: void *__stdcall CreateFileW_rep(const unsigned short *,unsigned long,unsigned long,struct _SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES *,unsigned long,unsigned long,void *)

DEBUG (02:16:01.0645): hooks removed

----------- LOG END -----------

No clue what this is. Sorry, I don't really understand that stuff, it's best to send the dump files to Tannin.

Ok, New Vegas Bounties II is causing some serious issues for me. I'm doing the quest where you take out the Ghoul militant leader in the caverns, and for some reason, whenever I load a save from that area, I get a CTD. Also, my most recent save is from a storage shed in the place. That one loads, but whenever I exit, I get a runtime error. I've got a bunch of saves from before entering the caverns thanks to CASM, and they still work perfectly fine.

That's the only part of the mod I could ever get to break. Because of that I added then since it's overall good enough to play with just that part being in error.

Yeah, something's wrong with the storage shed in Ulam Cavern. I tested it, loaded up a non-crashing save from before entering the caverns, and when I got to the storage shed, when I tried to exit, it crashed again, just like before. Also messed up my save from right before entering the shed, it crashes my game whenever I try to load it. Posted my load order below. For reference, the quest is called Revanche.

https://pastebin.com/hFLJRsPQ

Also a minor thing, whenever I open and close the pipboy with a modded weapon equipped, I get a corner notification saying "added". This doesn't occur when my gun is holstered. I'm using the pipboy 2500.

If you know it's the shed and can reproduce it then mention it to someguy. He is pretty active on the NVB threads over on the bethsoft forums. Pipboy replacer mods always have quirks associated with them. You might to need to look through that mod's nexus pages/threads for any incompatibilities.

@Everyone, I added a little section to the general fallout guide to add xEdit using the arguments and onlly having one installation. Tell me if it looks okay. https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Fallout#Setting_Up_Mod_Organizer

Yeah, I'll message Someguy about it. I managed to get around it by going to the target first, then going back to the shed. Stopped crashing when I did it that way. Pretty bizarre glitch, especially considering how it affects other saves.

Edited by Jax765
  • +1 1