Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I think this mod might be a good suggestion for the guide (NSFW) - https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51630/?

Adds sweaty skin for Type 3 and Roberts, along with Women of the Wasteland if you have that installed. Look pretty good in-game, especially if using ENB. Comes with compressed versions for those with lower spec systems. Only issue is that New Vegas Redesigned 3 assigns custom normals to certain NPCs, so you'd have to replace those textures manually, which might screw up the designs.

Edited by Jax765

Quick question: NMC's textures are in a state of 'flux' for the Medium pack. Looks like he's removed the Patch 2- Ceiling black holes fix and Clock retexture. and Red_Wood_And_Burnt_Fence_Clash_Fix optional files and is repackaging them into all-in-one patches. He's already finished the update patch for the Large pack but has not quite released the Medium pack update patch.

I've installed the Medium pack but obviously haven't been able to install the Patch 2- Ceiling black holes fix and Clock retexture. and Red_Wood_And_Burnt_Fence_Clash_Fix optional files . If I just skip over that part and then come back later after he's released the medium patches, will that screw up anything? For instance, is there anything in those 2 files that is getting overwritten by Poco Bueno, or any other subsequent texture packs?

I asked NMC about the texture seams in the game, and he linked me to a mod called Operation Fixed Terrain, which apparently evolved into Mission Mojave. Has anyone here used it, and is it recommended?

Also, does anyone else use the Diversified Mojave Wasteland mod? Been using it in my playthrough, quite like how it varies up npc outfits along with Spice of Life.

Edited by Jax765

Here's the initial IMPACT/WMX/CaliberX/WotNM/YUP patch. https://copy.com/qkNMo0trYKQXRZ0z

I just made it really quick in like five minutes. I still need to load up all of F&L and see if there is anything else that needs patching.

EDIT: Oh, don't forget to tag it Graphics, Names, Stats, Weapon Mods with Wrye Flash.

Okay so I thought I'd try and get IMPACT working with my FNL install. Do I need just this patch and IMPACT? I notice the patch doesn't mention PN, POPMerged (dunno if I need this?), WMX-ModernWeapons, or WMX-POPMerged (additional question, why is there an instruction to disable this in the FNL guide?). IMPACT is a real mess to get working that is for sure.

Okay so I thought I'd try and get IMPACT working with my FNL install. Do I need just this patch and IMPACT? I notice the patch doesn't mention PN, POPMerged (dunno if I need this?), WMX-ModernWeapons, or WMX-POPMerged (additional question, why is there an instruction to disable this in the FNL guide?). IMPACT is a real mess to get working that is for sure.

You shouldn't need POP-Merged with F&L, but maybe the IMPACT-WMX requires it. I think my patch covers all of WMX though. I made it for F&L with my entire F&L profile loaded up in FNVEdit, so Modern Weapons would have been there.

Haven't tested this extensively, but waiting for 96 hours in The Sink and then saving into a new slot seemed to resolve some issues I was getting with CTDs during fast travel and loading outdoor saves in OWB. Just a tip for anyone experiencing similar issues.

Edited by Jax765

You shouldn't need POP-Merged with F&L, but maybe the IMPACT-WMX requires it. I think my patch covers all of WMX though. I made it for F&L with my entire F&L profile loaded up in FNVEdit, so Modern Weapons would have been there.

So basically IMPACT + your patch is all that is needed for a FNL install? If so that's pretty great. I noticed that your patch is mergeable into the bashed patch too.

So basically IMPACT + your patch is all that is needed for a FNL install? If so that's pretty great. I noticed that your patch is mergeable into the bashed patch too.

Not 100% sure, but I think that's how it should be, been a while since I did that patch. If you install the patch and see a red triangle then it's because you'll need to add a plugin back in.

Is it possible to get rid of memory leaks, or are they just inevitable because of the engine? Using the 4GB loader, and I noticed today after a few hours that some undemanding interior cells in OWB were dropping my framerate to around 40. Restarted the game and it was back to 60.

Thanks, I'll try that next time it happens.

Also, do you know how to adjust glow intensity within ENB? I noticed that light sources glow a lot less than without ENB. I'd like to try and get a middle ground, not as overdone as vanilla, but not as flat as in ENB.

arqb.pngbrqb.pngcrqb.pngdrqb.png

Thanks, I'll try that next time it happens.

Also, do you know how to adjust glow intensity within ENB? I noticed that light sources glow a lot less than without ENB. I'd like to try and get a middle ground, not as overdone as vanilla, but not as flat as in ENB.

arqb.pngbrqb.pngcrqb.pngdrqb.png

What ENB profile are you using?