Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

After some testing , i ve discovered that the plugin that is causing the disapearing text is the merged plugin of  Millenias additional weapons section weirdly enough  .

Redo it. Sometimes the script messes up. Get the latest version of the merge script and xEdit.

Suggestions for bashed tags for IMPACT? Trying to get this to work but there still seems to be huge amounts of incompatibilities/edits from mods being overwritten.

Graphics, Names, Stats to start. Haven't looked at in a while.

For those using the inventory sorter from Project Nevada, is there a way to add items that aren't sorted by it?

I think that is a GECK thing actually. It has to do with the item category. 

Everyone might check out this page for YUP patches: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58470

Should "Import Relations" be checked in Wrye Flash?

Bzqb.png

Yes, if it has plugins on the right, then check them and check the category on the left.

This looks cool too, people should check it out: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58447/?

Definitely going to check out that logbook mod. Really been waiting for something like that Skyrim mod that lets you make notes of important locations and stuff.

And regarding that YUP patch, what kind of stuff does it fix? Anything major?

Edited by Jax765

I'm guessing that IMPACT is going to go official in FNL eventually? It seems to becoming more of a default mod when it comes to installs. That YUP patch seems like a great fit too.

Other things I can suggest are Bottle That Water + the PN patch, Russell and The Inheritence from Someguy2000, Tuneable radios by Yuki, Dynamic Quantity Prompt (adds shift click and ctrl click to inventory menus, insanely useful), FOV Slider, Weapon Mod Vending Machine + the extra locations patch, and Ammo Crafting Schematics by Antistar (awesome overhaul of the crafting system).

Inheritance should be added, great mod. Haven't tried Russell, but heard a lot about how buggy it is.

Also, what bash tags should be used for the YUP compatibility patch? I notice that stuff's being overwritten, and it also has conflicts with ADAM.

P7qb.pngQ7qb.pngS7qb.pngR7qb.png

EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements had an Update recently.  The mod "EVE No GRA v1point16dot1 Update" description says to install separately.  Quote: "This update replaces the corrupted EVE No GRA file from v1.16. (do a regular install, not an Upgrade)"

I don't know how to go about adding it into the STEP:F&L or if I even should.  

It adds: "EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp" Original is: "EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp"

What I was thinking is saying: Download both files.  Install the 1st. Then the 2nd.  uno...like the other mods are layed out in the STEP.  

But like many, I have the Ult. Edition.  So I have the GunRunners Arsenal and the Packs.

I'm not installing the update and I don't want to add another plugin to our Ceiling(140max).  

But still felt compelled to bother you guys :teehee:  Any thoughts?

The Fear & Loathing STEP looks Great so far  :thumbsup:  Glad to not have to install FOMM this time around  ::):

I'm guessing that IMPACT is going to go official in FNL eventually? It seems to becoming more of a default mod when it comes to installs. That YUP patch seems like a great fit too.

Other things I can suggest are Bottle That Water + the PN patch, Russell and The Inheritence from Someguy2000, Tuneable radios by Yuki, Dynamic Quantity Prompt (adds shift click and ctrl click to inventory menus, insanely useful), FOV Slider, Weapon Mod Vending Machine + the extra locations patch, and Ammo Crafting Schematics by Antistar (awesome overhaul of the crafting system).

Yeah, it will be in the guide after I return to FNV along with Realistic Wasteland Lighting. Russell may not be buggy on it's own or with other someguy mods, but it is buggy with F&L when I played it. THere are three major bugs that are known and I experienced all three. Have not gotten to the inheritance yet, will on next playthrough. There's a weapon mod vending machine at Old Lady Gibson's with The Right to Bear Arms. CaliberX adds most ammo types to the crafting menu.

I think EssArrBee tried Russell and had issues with it.

I did actually, all three of the major ones that are known issues. I will not be adding the mod unless there is an update.

Inheritance should be added, great mod. Haven't tried Russell, but heard a lot about how buggy it is.

Also, what bash tags should be used for the YUP compatibility patch? I notice that stuff's being overwritten, and it also has conflicts with ADAM.

P7qb.pngQ7qb.pngS7qb.pngR7qb.png

Looking at those screens I'm now weary of recommending those YUP patches. I can see errors in them already.

SRB's not really been spending much time with FNV lately - his first priority has been Skyrim STEP stuff and probably will be until STEP 2.2.9.1 is out.

No, but I'm starting to update some stuff. Did about half the plugin merging instructions for the new merge script. Also, dropped three mods in favor of Audley's combined texture pack.

EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements had an Update recently.  The mod "EVE No GRA v1point16dot1 Update" description says to install separately.  Quote: "This update replaces the corrupted EVE No GRA file from v1.16. (do a regular install, not an Upgrade)"

I don't know how to go about adding it into the STEP:F&L or if I even should.  

It adds: "EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp" Original is: "EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp"

What I was thinking is saying: Download both files.  Install the 1st. Then the 2nd.  uno...like the other mods are layed out in the STEP.  

But like many, I have the Ult. Edition.  So I have the GunRunners Arsenal and the Packs.

I'm not installing the update and I don't want to add another plugin to our Ceiling(140max).  

But still felt compelled to bother you guys :teehee:  Any thoughts?

The Fear & Loathing STEP looks Great so far  :thumbsup:  Glad to not have to install FOMM this time around  ::):

That patch is exclusively for people without GRA. EVE directions in the guide are up-to-date.

Ah. Thank you EssArrBee.  On another note: Weapons Mods Expanded - WMX adds: "WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged".  

In step "EVE" we remove the "EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp".  In turn throws a flag up in MO that its missing the master. (EVE FNV-All DLC.esp)

Shall I put the master back in?  Or add to the wiki: WMX optional tab section: "WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged" with the already thrown out "WMX-POPMerged.esp"?

Direction from the guide:

• Move "EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp" and "EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp" to the "Optional ESPs" box.

You are looking at the wrong plugin.