Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Windows does something weird to try to protect programs installed in "Program Files" and often those program protection functions end up making life difficult for modders (or pirates, lol).  Look up UAC.

DecorativeLamp - sounds cool.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I think what you guys are seeing is the differences with Wrye Flash and Wrye Bash.

Although I'm not using the very latest versions, downloading those as I type, I've noticed Wyre Flash wont generate a blank patch upon start up and needs to have your previous one active. That means that patch will be updated and not be found in the overwrite.

Sometimes I've read users de-activate their bashed patches in Wrye Bash before re-building and in that case the new file will be in the overwrite but if you do have it active and re-build that patch it will be replaced in the mod that contains it.

• +1 1

Well I'm pretty sure I disabled UAC (I honestly don't know, it sounds like something I would do, my memory is crap.) so maybe that's why didn't have those issues.

Anyway, I renamed the MO's to MO Skyrim and FNV only to quickly change them back because when I opened Skyrim MO after doing that the mod load order went to Hell. So now I have to do STEP all over again, luckly I changed FNV MO back so everything is back to normal. I forgot to copy the mod order on that so...great. Why would a simple name change cause so many problems?

Anyway, I'll fix Skyrim MO and get back to the weird VATS issue I had. Hopefully it isn't a headache.

Damn... That's why I said to make sure you go and save your load order in MO, so that when you change something and MO mixes everything up, you will be able to restore it again easily.

I don't know why it's so touchy, but it does the same thing if you decide to open MO with admin privs one time and not do it the next time you open MO (or vice versa).  I learned the hard way before, and so now I remember to save my load order regularly when I make changes to mods.

Yeah, the plugin order is not the issue (because of LOOT).  It's the order of all the non-plugin mods in the left MO window.

I guess in order to see what I'm talking about, you'd have to be logged in as a Windows user without administrative privileges.  But first... before you do anything different from normal, you'd have to save your mod list load order (left pane) so that when MO rearranges things you can quickly and easily revert those changes.  So now, if you load MO without admin privs, then quit MO, then load MO again afterwards with admin privs, you will see that your mod list load order gets rearranged (I forget if it does it alpha-numerically or some other way).  Then it will rearrange again the next time you switch the way you load MO (w/ admin privs or w/o).  I don't know exactly why it does it, but that's what happens... At least it used to a couple versions ago - I haven't experimented since then.  I just always load with admin privs anymore.

Hey guys, I need a quick clarification for the Fear & Loathing guide (which is great btw!)  When I'm using FNVEdit to merge plugins, do I want to "Renumbed all conflicting FormIDs" or "Renumbed all FormIDs" for this mods in the guide?  I know about the exception with the Sandbox6 mods though ;)

Thanks for the great guide, but I'd like to point out one thing I had trouble with as well.  When installing ENB 0.263, 4GB Loader will not run it if you put the d3d9.dll into the \exes folder.  What I did was just copy it twice (though it may not be necessary, the whole ENB archive, not just the d3d9.dll) once into the \Fallout New Vegas directory and once into the \exes directory.  Worked like a charm after that.  Took me a while to work out that problem though.  Perhaps for the next update you could clarify that.

Edited by kittyvonvita1

Hey guys, I need a quick clarification for the Fear & Loathing guide (which is great btw!) When I'm using FNVEdit to merge plugins, do I want to "Renumbed all conflicting FormIDs" or "Renumbed all FormIDs" for this mods in the guide? I know about the exception with the Sandbox6 mods though ;)

Thanks for the great guide, but I'd like to point out one thing I had trouble with as well. When installing ENB 0.263, 4GB Loader will not run it if you put the d3d9.dll into the \exes folder. What I did was just copy it twice (though it may not be necessary, the whole ENB archive, not just the d3d9.dll) once into the \Fallout New Vegas directory and once into the \exes directory. Worked like a charm after that. Took me a while to work out that problem though. Perhaps for the next update you could clarify that.

Are you using merge plugin script 1.8? I haven't updated the guide for that yet. The directions are for 1.75 and fnvedit 3.0.32. Fnvedit 3.0.33 is required for the latest merge script.

Enb/enboost is different for everyone so it's kind of a guessing game. If I put every little quirk in the guide it would be an extra 10000 lines. I don't even know all the ways to get it to work with different systems.

Are you using merge plugin script 1.8? I haven't updated the guide for that yet. The directions are for 1.75 and fnvedit 3.0.32. Fnvedit 3.0.33 is required for the latest merge script.

Enb/enboost is different for everyone so it's kind of a guessing game. If I put every little quirk in the guide it would be an extra 10000 lines. I don't even know all the ways to get it to work with different systems.

Yes, I am using 1.8 with FNVEdit 3.0.33 experimental.  If there is a difference, I have no trouble using the older version (if I can find it.)  Anyways, I'm holding off on doing the merges until you get back to me and continuing the set up.  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly =D 

I understand about the conflict resolution and troubleshooting tips.  I know you said in the guide that the ENB section was still under construction.  I just thought I'd let you know about that.

Edit: Also, since I have you here, should I clean the missing Navmeshes from New Vegas Bounties II?  Theres no note about them in the guide.

Edited by kittyvonvita1

Yes, I am using 1.8 with FNVEdit 3.0.33 experimental.  If there is a difference, I have no trouble using the older version (if I can find it.)  Anyways, I'm holding off on doing the merges until you get back to me and continuing the set up.  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly =D 

I understand about the conflict resolution and troubleshooting tips.  I know you said in the guide that the ENB section was still under construction.  I just thought I'd let you know about that.

Edit: Also, since I have you here, should I clean the missing Navmeshes from New Vegas Bounties II?  Theres no note about them in the guide.

Don't clean navmeshes. It's not even that easy like ITMs and UDRs.

I'm just saying that I don't know what option to choose with the latest merge script since up until the latest version the only option was "Renumber FormIDs". I haven't had a chance to review the newest one and won't be able to until next week.

So it looks like I wasn't the only one dealing with this, unfortunately I still can't get the damn thing to work. Here's where I found out (And got a possible answer but I can't get to work for me.) It looks like it's a certain way to install in order to have everything in working order but I can't figure it out apparently.

Edit: Got it, finally holy crap. Thanks for all the help guys...even if the fix didn't have anything to with the above. ::P:

Edited by Crimson13

thanks for the suggestions. using eye tags in wrye flash didn't work, unfortunately. what I did was, moving FCO right AFTER redesigned and hiding everything not eyes related so that redesigned overwrites. I guess it's the same as the FCO FIX I posted earlier, which means I can use custom eyes again, but may encounter NPC looking to the right (or left) side which is somewhat immersion breaking. I can live with vanilla eyes on my char, I'm just concerned that it breaks NPC eyes as well :\

Re: ENB/ENBoost - I'd like to echo Kittyvonvita1 in noting that following the FLNV guide did not result in me having ENBoost active in my game - I had to re-install it and leave the d3d9.dll in the main FNV folder to get the ENB overlay on game start.   I'm pretty sure this is not idiosyncratic to me - when I run FNV4Gb.exe outside of MO (such that it puts the laa executable in the exes/ folder) then it only gets ENB if the d3d9.dll is also in the exes folder.  But I believe  the change to the FNV4GB command line, making the laaexe be ./FalloutMO, means that it doesn't even *look* in the exes/ folder for d3d9.dll anymore.  This, to get ENBoost with the new setup, d3d9 must be left in the main FNV folder for it to be loaded at startup.   Can someone else verify this?

I would also like to suggest that a note be added to the FNV4GB setup instructions for NVidia Inspector users - specifically, the need to add 'FalloutMO.exe'  to the list of valid executables on the Fallout New Vegas profile of Nvidia Inspector.